Do premium steam buyers of PA get Titans?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by bradaz85, August 18, 2015.

1. tbacav

tbacav Member

Gamers apparently suck at examples/memory/other stuff
    Games have come and gone that have offered various free/paid updates, abandonments, failed releases. PA is not those.
    A lot of people seem to have forgotten TA. It's paid expansion introduced.... wait for it..... SURPRISE! Hovercraft and experimentals. PA still isn't that.
    A number of people complaining don't appear to have followed PA's continued development and improvement.
    PA is not an MMORPG.
    All the analogys/dichotomys/whatever you want to call it all over the place must just look like one giant mess to observers. I've probably mucked up numerous things in this post.

Steam Early Access is a major gamble for both dev/pub and consumers
    Hardly Uber's fault for wanting the exposure but at the same time Steam gave early access products very prominent advertising (quite inappropriately in my opinion) without prominently and seriously driving home to consumers exactly what they were in for. There also appears to be insufficient transition to release mechanisms, ie outdating all early access reviews and removing them from finished product ratings as well as from appearing in community feeds, giving players extra noticeable notification that the game has finally released etc. This is an issue Valve would ideally fix but probably won't. Also a potential downer on the developers motivation/productivity/confidence and supposedly the reason they felt it was better to risk appearing greedy/cynical by doing a rerelease (it does make a lot of sense for new players but they aren't the ones who put the money/other investement in to get this far or who are now annoyed, disappointed and willing to trash the brand)?

Businesses don't get a get out of jail free card because developers have to eat
    Factory workers have to eat too. They get laid off all the time. Comedians and musicians frequently fail to make money. Such is life. By all means don't give your product away if you cant afford to do so! Good market, good product, good service, good circumstances/luck = food on your plate. I'm not sure of his exact involvement in PA currently but Jon Mavor is a competent, experienced RTS programmer. He doesn't need excuses, just execution.

I could go ploughing back through various discussions, news posts, livesteams, etc. That was already a lot more effort than I wanted to spend writing. And I'm not getting paid for this. Perhaps it's the farewell to my emotional involvement in PA. I do hope the game keeps going. I'd like to see "PA Classic" fixed up to kickstarter standard which should only really take engine updates that can be part of TITANS and whatever else. I'd like to see more paid content. There is a good game here. I'd like to see more community and more modding content. Surely people remember TA Universe? Hopefully someone at Uber has already considered these issues or have proof they are non-issues. I'm happy for anyone that wishes to quote some of this posting in other places to do so if it is helpful but please do it in good faith.
    Planetar, bradaz85 and jvahe like this.