I thought no Exps... ??

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by TheLambaster, August 19, 2015.

1. TheLambaster

TheLambaster Active Member

Didn't people say for years PA would have no experimentals?? I mean, I don't mind, but... didn't they?
    radongog, maskedcrash and Remy561 like this.
  2. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Heh, we shouted alright!

But it's ubers game, and besides they do look cool.
  3. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

I am pretty sure they didn't say never.
    stuart98 likes this.
  4. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

Yeah, there is quite a bit of new content Uber originally didn't plan. They also wanted for a long time to keep orbital as simple as possible, and now they added two new combat units and balanced it in a rock/paper/scissor fashion, all the while including positional play and micro.

I guess time, rebalancing and constant discussion of the community made them change their mind. I certainly love it, especiall the new orbital is sooo much better. More challenging too, but that's even better to me. Winning a space battle does actually feel rewarding now.
    A-moving avenger superblobs got a bit old, and the more expensive T2 units should be a bit nicer on the performance as an added bonus.
    radongog, wilhelmvx and stuart98 like this.
  5. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

PA doesn't have experimentals, PA:T does, that's why it's an expansion. ;P
  6. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

Well. It was never a big 'no-no' like Shields were. Back in Alpha/Beta Uber toyed with the idea of megabots and discussed that in the Backers Forum.

Now that that Forum is now defunct and Megabots have run their course, I hope I won't get in trouble for showing this:

[​IMG]
  7. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Also, the big bot titan looks very similar to another game they planed with robots....
  8. eroticburrito

[​IMG]

+

[​IMG]
  9. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Weren't they called Titans in HR as well?
  10. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

The art style of all of the Titans Promo stuff looks very HR. I love it.
    PhoneySpring646 and Remy561 like this.
  11. probodobodyne

probodobodyne Active Member

Shame about that game I really liked the trailer. Hopefully some juice from PA:T will help revive it.
  12. tanksy

tanksy Member

They also said they wouldn't be having paid updates or content, don't forget.
    lautre likes this.
  13. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Bullshit.
    PhoneySpring646 and Nicb1 like this.
  14. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

You'd think this would put to rest (some) concerns that they weren't aware of community criticisms of the game.

I mean, they're ticking every box here, and being true to what they originally said - these features weren't in the original scope, and weren't planned for.

So they put together an expansion for this new content, and they've based it on over a year of player feedback.

I've got to say, I'm genuinely impressed.
    Nicb1 likes this.
  15. tanksy

tanksy Member

You clearly weren't a backer, then.

I highly dislike the fact that the game is still incomplete and they have definitely not "[ticked] every box".

I'll bring back a point I made a while ago, but where is the actual planet annihilation? We can throw a rock at a planet to make a crater, have the game freeze for 40 seconds, and then kill everything on the planet. That's.. Stupid, and not "Annihilation" at all. That's a cheap try and misrepresentation of what they shown off in the backers discussion and trailers.
  16. scouser

scouser New Member

You clearly haven't played since the asteroids patch to PA then. Planets are full on annihilated now. I'm unsure whether or not it's based on the size differential between the two celestial objects, but if you slam a planet into another, it's gone for good.
  17. tanksy

tanksy Member

I played 5 weeks ago, if that counts?
  18. MasterKane

MasterKane Member

In fact, shields weren't either. Quoting Neutrino (from Reddit, during Kickstarter campaign):
    During entire development cycle, anti-turtling faction within community continuously shifted perceived developers' stance on shields from a second-priority thing to the Thing Never To Be Implemented, together with presenting false perceived opinion of community on shields to developers. I presumed that they succeeded in deceiving Uber in that their own opinion is a manifested will of entire playerbase, but release of Titans, featuring experimentals that e-sprots crowd also repeatedly attempted to prevent from happening in PA, suggests that devs just stick to some original plan.
  19. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

I hope Uber still makes THAT Titan :D

IF anyone has noticed, the existing land titans are Tank and Quad. Imperial and Raptor Titans are still out there ;-)
    eroticburrito likes this.
  20. eroticburrito

I doubt that Uber was convinced entirely by the Forums to be honest, as there have been many polls and threads in favour of shields. I think they make their own minds up and are quite sensible and methodical.