Forged Alliance and PA: Titans

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by Geers, August 20, 2015.

1. veep

veep Member

The point is they didn't have to restrict early access to high pledge levels. It's a tempting thing to do but I believe it is a bad idea for the reason I gave above.

The best early access experience is when you can release a game in bits that are each complete in themselves. The best way to do early access is thus basically not doing early access (in the sense of giving out (proper) alpha versions), but instead releasing bigger and bigger stable versions. Unfortunately, some games lend themselves better to this than others.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

No questions mistakes have happened, Uber had no experience in doing kickstarters or early access and that shows.
  3. bluestrike01

bluestrike01 Active Member

It was a different time, Fa was priced as an expansion, and as far as I can remember you needed supcom or a supcom key to install it.
    But its been a while.
    As expansion it made SupCom better in every way it scored as such in game reviews.

Don't know what the fuss is about, with the discount when you own the vanilla version its cheaper then a expansion in the old days. Backers get it for free + get a discount when buying for friends.
    And as a standalone game for first time buyers the price tag is not unreasonable.
  4. icefire909

icefire909 Member

What people seem to be missing is that Forged Alliance added an entire new faction to the roster (Seraphim) AND added more new units to the existing factions than Titans did. It added an entire extension on the campaign. It was just adding so much. Titans on the other hand is just EA style DLC.

I backed in kickstart when i heard "Total Annihilation made again" but it's pretty crappy that these units should have just come with the game instead of splitting the community into Titans and Not-Titans (I know you can play the old but why would you? Would you honestly prefer SupCom over FA?)

You didn't NEED SupCom. But if you didn't have it, you couldn't use UEF, Cybra, Aeon in multiplayer.
  5. cola_colin

That's completely wrong on many levels.
  6. icefire909

icefire909 Member

The balance pass went to PA too, all Titans added was a few more units.
    Sure it's not EXACTLY like EA where you pay $50 to get a gold gun that's identical to not-gold gun, but they're trying!
  7. cola_colin

They're trying to be nice to people, giving away 40k copies of the game they made for free and you see what they got for it. Being nice to people without making others angry turns out to be really hard it seems :(
    Geers and philoscience like this.
  8. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Except FA was at the price of a full game while PA:T is at a mere 14$.
    philoscience likes this.
  9. matizpl

matizpl Well-Known Member

In poland FA was released like 2 months after the rest of the world I think. I was so excited to play it that my friend from supcom clan from USA bought it for me and I could spam the ladder :D I remember 1v1 players were really happy, because FA fixed a lot of problems with gameplay and made the game much better. The scene after FA release was smaller than after vanilla release I think, but it definitely improved the activity. I am seriously stunned that people are bitching so much about titans.
    In the world I live, releasing paid expansions is normal, I have no idea what's going on.
  10. cola_colin

A good summary.
    Geers and squishypon3 like this.
  11. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

Total Annihilation 2 if anything. Wargaming.net owns the TA IP but not the SupCom IP.