I think people are...

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by firezone38, August 19, 2015.

1. maskedcrash

maskedcrash Active Member

2. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

This is an entirely irrational argument. Let's say that instead they had just asked everyone who owns PA already to pay the 66% off price or whatever, how would that in any way change the situation all non-kickstarters are in now? Are you mad because someone got a bonus? Why are you perceiving someone else's gain, which doesn't affect you at all, as your own personal loss? Doesn't make sense.

By this logic, you would feel personally robbed that Bethesda decided to give that bottlecap guy a copy of the game as a kind gesture, because you still have to pay money. Whether or not they give that guy a copy of the game affects you no no way whatsoever.
    cptconundrum, Geers and cdrkf like this.
  3. doud

doud Well-Known Member

This is probably the only thing i would have expected from Uber : no deadline for the discount provided original PA was acquired before Titans launch. Now, from a business perspective they may be in a situation where it's the best option to ensure most of PA players move to Titans. It brings money quickly and the player base adopt Titans so that you do not split the community.
    ace63, emraldis and maskedcrash like this.
  4. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

Why are timed discounts BS?

Last I checked, a lot of people do nothing but wait for Steam Sales. Which are timed discount events.
    ace63, cptconundrum, Ksgrip and 5 others like this.
  5. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

People are upset because they're entitled idiots who paid too much for an indie game. It's really that simple. PA will never live up to their standards and Uber can go bankrupt for all they care.
    cptconundrum and pieman2906 like this.
  6. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Uber have confirmed, titans owners will be able to see and join classic games, so shouldn't kill off classic multiplayer imo.
  7. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

Honestly people don't seem to understand the logic behind purchasing early alpha and beta access.

They purchase the ability to play the game a lot sooner than release, thus get more fun in earlier, while supporting development.

What I think is awfully weird is people expecting to be put on a throne because they bought a video game early, and feel they deserve for everyone to be grateful to them for conducting what is basically a business transaction. Money for game. Earlier? More expensive.

OK, they helped fund the development, which they believe should entitle (I hate this word) them to anything and everything related to the product until the end of days.

We saw it happen when the armoury was introduced as well.

Newsflash, it's not support if you keep demanding more and more and more in exchange, it's extortion.
    Nicb1, cdrkf and igncom1 like this.
  8. Geers

Geers Post Master General

You could've just stopped there. A lot of people don't understand logic.
    popededi, cdrkf and philoscience like this.
  9. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Ding ding ding. Part of the problem with early access is clearly the consumer has no clue what they are buying. Your not buying Uber's first born children. Your paying a large sum for the right to have early access. It's funny because it's literally in the title but that doesn't stop the monster of cognitive dissonance. "I paid a lot, so I deserve more". No, you don't. You paid a lot and you got what you paid for - early access. It's no wonder our world is doomed with reasoning skills this poor.
    popededi, cptconundrum, cdrkf and 2 others like this.
  10. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

It was a suggestion by steam because discounts stack, if they kept the 66% sale and decided one day PA:T should be 40% off it would be over 100% off.. Which means players couldn't even buy PA. (Steam wouldn't let them)
    cptconundrum and Geers like this.
  11. maskedcrash

So why don't they just give us a coupon that doesn't expire?
    The reasoning you said makes a degree of sense but it's still a weak excuse when there are other non-confilicting options available.
  12. squishypon3

I'm not sure that possible, but is the deal perminant in the in game store, or no? =o
  13. maskedcrash

I wasn't aware that you could purchase from the ingame store. Forgive me for my pessimism, but I have my doubts that discount will last.

And yes it IS in fact possible to distribute a -66% coupon through steam.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  14. cdrkf

The point is though, once the -66% deal expires, you can bet your hat that there will be a similar discount on Titans around the steam Christmas sale... and again in the spring, so if someone who wanted Titans did miss out, all they need do is wait a while.
  15. maskedcrash

While that IS a valid strategy, we did kinda support uber through EA. And call me entitled (actually please don't that word is killing my soul bit by bit) but we should get a nod from uber for taking a risk and investing in their unfinished game.

It's kinda stopped being about getting it for free or not, and rather about Uber's... questionable attitude toward EA backers.
  16. squishypon3

But we did, we got a special commander (The theta) and 66% off Titans. =P
    cdrkf likes this.
  17. cdrkf

Well I'd point out I've not used the 'E' word to anyone, and from my position I'm not sure Uber have a 'bad attitude' towards EA people really? I mean I think it's more a case of they had to put a line somewhere to say "these people don't get it free" and really as PA was in EA for most of it's life, if they say all early access thats most of their market gone.

I mean based on the costs, maybe the alpha players should all get it free? However then there are people who only paid $40 - $50 to get in early in the Beta saying they should have it free...

Probably Uber should have made everyone pay for it, Kickstarter included, at the end of the day my perspective is this was a very well intended and nice gesture that backfired, rather than an 'attack' on the EA purchases which is how it's been received.
  18. maskedcrash

As yes the theta. I forget that one was limited... As it's a little... Bland and dumb looking. Buuut that's not the point of this thread. Some of can't shell out $13 right now, on such short notice.

Actually... Why didn't they announce this earlier? It would've given people time to warm up to the concept.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  19. maskedcrash

Eh, you're probably right. I think a decent number of users who have used EA are used to getting shafted hard so make of that what you will.

Also I guess the best way to describe it would be like... I dunno. A lack of respect for steam users? KS favoritism? Eh. It's probably nowhere that extreme, but whatever.

edit: the Entitled thing was just in general btw. People are using it like it's going outta style.
    cdrkf and squishypon3 like this.
  20. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

If you backed in EA, you got your nod, an exclusive commander or two, and whatever else I can't remember right now.

You also got another nod in the shaoe of a 66% discount.

There is a difference between a nod of respect and free everything forever.