this explains well why meny are mad

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by nuketf, August 20, 2015.

1. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

http://steamcommunity.com/app/386070/discussions/0/521643320351994742/

"Using Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion to explain the anger.

Firstly, expandalones are not the norm, as some people claim.

It is not uncommon, but there is absolutely nothing to say that is is expected. A fairly recent example of this is Sins of a Solar Empíre, that released TWO expansions before releasing an expandalone, named Rebellion.

Rebellions and TITANS are actually quite similar, but with some key differences, that creates animosity for TITANS.

• Rebellion added a new faction, with two sub-factions.Added sub-factions to all existing factions
    • Rebellion improved the graphics.
    • Rebellion was releasd FOUR YEARS after the original game, and three after the latest expansion. TITANS was relased after 11 months.
    • The original Sins of a Solar Empire was already a beloved game.
    • Rebellion didn't have kickstarter or early access (noone paid 90$ for it), and noone got special treatment (free game)

other than that they are pretty similar:
    • Both added new maps
    • Both added titans
    • Both added new units
    • Both are about equal price (37€ for TITANS and 40€ for Rebellion)

The differences makes a huge difference for a lot of players (especially the release date and reviews of the original game).

You can say what you will, but you cannot deny that this has made a lot of people angry, and even if you think they "need to eat" and "nothing is free" etc.. Is burning this many bridges really the right way to go?

We don't JUST vote with out wallets, we also vote with community pressure, and even if UBER wont change their minds, other companies can use this as a case study to prevent the scummy behavior in the future."

PA:T ads what...21 new untis? terrain changes that PA badly needs?

some say they put PA:T togather to get rid of bad reviews...if that true why not give it to all of the ones that had PA for a set time and not 66% off?

also everything PA:T has is in PA but if you try to use the files your locked out untill they are removed
    maskedcrash likes this.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

titans actually improved the graphics as well.

And look at your "11 month after release of the base game" argument: Consider SupCom:FA.
    That was released I think in november, with SupCom vanilla released in the same year february. The devs basically directly moved over from SupCom to FA. Do you hate FA now? No. It did great things for SupCom. The base game was decent, but unarguably FA was received waaay better by the online players.

Anyway the argument "this stuff should have been in the main game" is an argument you can basically throw at any additional content that is produced for a game. Don't accept that, I am rather happy Uber decided it is worthwhile to further push PA, the alternative would look grim.
  3. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

It's a simply dilemma. These folks want free stuff, and they don't care if Uber went out of business in the meantime. If Uber catered to these yokels PA would have been dead within 3 months at the rate it was going. This move shocked the hell out of me because it was probably the only hail mary save they could have done. But damn if these folks are not doing literally everything they can to drag it down. Sad times.
  4. Geers

Geers Post Master General

I call BS on this. Prove it.
  5. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

If this is the case I can guarantee you that they weren't present till the latest 1.4 gb patch.
    As a modder I know this as I look into the PA file structure on a regular basis alongside the other coders I've worked with.
    cdrkf and mered4 like this.
  6. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

This entire post is completely filled with bullshit.

Uber isn't trying to scam you.
    They're selling a legit product.
    If you don't like the pricing system BECAUSE YOU DIDNT GET IT FOR FREE LIKE THE KS BACKERS DID then you can just quit whining and go play something else. You don't have to buy it. Get out and take your tears somewhere else.

The fact that you are taking the time to whine about this **** must mean Titans is something you want but can't have because you can't afford $15. That is so sad. Get a job, *******.
    FSN1977, temeter and Nicb1 like this.
  7. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

People complaning about pricing is normal, even if the price is already cheap. This game is for entertainment and on that note let's compare it to going to the movies... normally cost 50usd ($18 ticket x2 for gf $36 and $5 water and $7 popcorn plus tax) and that last an hour or two. I think the game is on the cheap end of things.

If you are going to have any complaint about pricing it should be that the original games price is $30 and the expansion is $14 for a total of $44. While buying the standalone by itself is $40. This is really ...really small beans though.
    cdrkf likes this.
  8. cola_colin

Do not use aggressive wordings like that. It's not doing any good. Try to calm down the discussion instead please.
  9. mered4

My apologies for not tolerating that level of incompetence and entitlement from an intelligent being. We work hard for what we earn and so does Uber. It's not acceptable behavior to act that way and we should not pretend it is so.
  10. cola_colin

Raging against rage is the same as violent reactions against violent actions. It's an endless spiral that never stops and leaves only losers and devastation.
  11. mered4

Indeed. My response was antagonistic, but it was on point.
  12. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Antagonistic is not what we need right now.
    cdrkf likes this.
  13. mered4

Truth in Moderation. :D
    cdrkf likes this.
  14. ekae

ekae New Member

As the PA fail at first launch with lot of complain and mix review so Uber added an expansion with strange method. This PA:Titan is an effort to refreshing the PA game and hide that mix review behind. Uber hope to attract the new comer as the game is great now (less bug, balance fix, fulfill the promise) ,this gave a benefit to both of us and Uber.

BTW Uber should treat the early support better than this as they pay more and suffer pretty much from your game during testing and launch state.

If the game was perfect at launch, we should see a PA:Titan as a normal expansion game.
  15. mered4

Excuse me, SUFFER?

Wat.
  16. cola_colin

technically I would call it a normal expansion. Yes unlike FA it doesnt have a full extra campaign. But FA cost 30€, Titans costs 13€. And PA never had a full campaign to begin with, never intended to have one and was always cheaper for it.

Not trying to point you out or anything, just adding info.

@mered4. Stop posting now. You're clearly angry. Stop spending your time with the rage of other people and enjoy the game instead :)
    Remy561 and mered4 like this.
  17. mered4

I would, but I can't play for more than ten minutes due to these crashes that only ONE OTHER PERSON seems to have/had.

So I'm reinstalling my OS as a last resort option. It's the only thing I can think of that could be even remotely a problem.
  18. ecervele

ecervele Member

Nomal PA was sold 29.99 €, they included an expension it's now 36,99€, it's not a scam...

And If you add the previous game it's only 12,58€ for two month...

So it's faire enough...
    ace63 and mered4 like this.
  19. cola_colin

oh damn that sucks
  20. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

That's a pretty dishonest comparision. Rebellion did cost 40 bucks new and 30 bucks for people who owned the old games.

Upgrading PA costs 13 bucks. SOASE had an addon called entrenchment, and that did cost the same amount, added around the same value to the game with less content. Duh.

Most people complaning have no clue what they are talking about.
    wilhelmvx likes this.