Disable game ender units

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by spdr870, August 20, 2015.

1. spdr870

spdr870 New Member

I enjoy playing against PA, but sometimes I wish it was possible to disable certain unit types. I remember this beiing possible in SC:FA and I sometimes used it. In SC:FA there also was also a mod (Lab wars) that only allows building small bot, this really was fun. I would prefer that the AI also respects the unit limitation, since I play against AI a lot. I think it is not possible to create a mod for this in vanilla PA, since the AI would ignore it.

Since we have Titans now, I would like to have this feature even more. The atlas, for example, is (almost?) a game ender. In a recent match I played online, I destroyed 2 players in a FFA using a single atlas. This was fun, but the game was probably more interesting without. The game took about 30 minutes.

This topic is not about balance. The game is still very new and the new metagame takes some getting used to. This topic is more about removing for example orbital or game enders as an option.
    Remy561 likes this.
  2. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

There will be mods for this. We had one in PA to do this. It's probably working for Titans anyway. @mikeyh ?
  3. huangth

huangth Active Member

I would like to see the options for the host of the room to disable/enable game ender and titan class units.

By the way, I don't think the Altas is a game ender.
    I already meet it in 1vs1 ranked game, and I beat it by a group of T1 bomber.
    In the late game, Altas can't cross the planet, either.
    Currently, all the titan class units (except the Helios) require the air superiority to cover.
  4. Uke

Uke New Member

Yeah would be nice to have checkboxes for it in the lobby.
    Like:
    -no nukes
    -no halley
    -no catalyst
    -no planet destroyers(catalyst, halley, ragnarok)
    -no arty
    -no land
    -no air
    -no orbital
    -no ships
    -no titans
    -no advanced units
    -finite metal nodes
    -fixed income
    -fixed build rate
    -per planet economy

I feel like this should be standard for any lobby and not only obtainable by mods. Should also have been in standard PA.

This would also be cool:
    -disabling single units
    +tokens the host can give to anyone(equal) so everyone can select 1 (or more) unit(s) to disable(no factories)
  5. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

I'll be updating unit selector next week.
    proeleert and Nicb1 like this.
  6. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

I disagree. Orbital feels like an actual layer now. There are a lot of counter units. Battleships counter fighters and umbrelles. Snipers counter anchors. Etc
    Nicb1 likes this.
  7. Going4Quests

Going4Quests Active Member

Yes we totally need a exclusion list like Supreme Commander without a mod.
  8. spdr870

spdr870 New Member

@mikeyh: will the AI also respect units that are disabled using this mod ?
  9. darkgodmaster

darkgodmaster New Member

Correct but it should be in the stock game just like with Supreme Commander, disable certain unit type or game ending units and let the players pick what they want. A unit cap would also be nice.