Also feeling a little disheartened

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by TehOwn, August 18, 2015.

1. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

ITT: people who don't know anything about business or game development lecturing uber about a pretty smart move, and whining about not getting stuff for free.

Also, folks who don't realize i'm ignoring all the chronic whiner posters.
  2. thompsonshunter

thompsonshunter New Member

Screenshotted and will be posted everywhere if that's true that it was deleted. Which it wasn't, I'm just not allowed to have my own topic.

and Philoscience yet again shoves his fan-boy foot in his mouth again.

You think I want free DLC? At what point did I say I wanted their product for free? What I want is to play this game multiplayer and have a real challenge. What I've found is that sectioning off your playerbase over DLC is a literal troll of the bridge scenario. Uninstalled and done.
    Last edited: August 20, 2015
    tanksy likes this.
  3. tanksy

tanksy Member

I feel it's highly immature to call people who have the right to complain about a shoddy business practice "whining".

Furthermore, I've been in the industry of Video Games development and marketing. This sort of practice would be frowned upon by anyone whom I've worked with.
    maskedcrash, bradaz85 and lautre like this.
  4. thompsonshunter

Exactly.
  5. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

critique away at your leasure .. but in a civilised manner ..
    maskedcrash likes this.
  6. tanksy

tanksy Member

Am I not being civil in this discussion?
  7. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

*Wondering what cool stuff can be done with all new new unit mechanics, models, GW stuff*

*Looks up*

*Looks back down at json files*
    cdrkf likes this.
  8. MrTBSC

was more torwards hunter ... otherwise i would only quoted you ..
  9. tanksy

tanksy Member

Right.

It was an honest question, I think I've been quite civilized so far. If I'm not, do point it out.
    cdrkf likes this.
  10. ornithopterman

ornithopterman Member

I think the main issue is communication. Uber is presenting TITANS as a new game while it really isn't a new game but rather a expansion. I wouldn't call it a 'patch' as a patch solely exists to update, support or improve the current content of the game. TITANS is more than that.
    I do agree with the 'sour taste' in the back of the mouth, as PA on release was at beta quality at best for which they charged full price. I still did not found the game bad, it looked promising, but it was clear that a lot of work still had to be done. In conclusion: bad move Uber.

It reminds me of the Fable release on x-box back in the days. Fable was (over)hyped, promised too much and in the end was released incomplete with quests obivously missing, dialogue suggesting additon content which wasn't there, etc. (Reaseon: $$$?) Months later, an 'expansion pack' came out 'Fable: The lost Chapters'. This version contained all content which was originally cut from the original game and was released at full price while it actually did nothing more then completing the features of the game. And no 'discounts' where available if you already owned the original fable game. In the end, it was better to not jump on the hype and but the original game but waiting for the 'expansion pack' to come out for the same price.

Although the case with PA en TITANS is reminiscent of the Fable case, Uber is a way more community & user friendly company than Lionhead. But they should have extended the release date and release the game as TITANS is now to avoid controversy and badd price.

In the end you might think I'm crazy, but I believe that TITANS can save the PA from the fire nation.
    maskedcrash and tanksy like this.
  11. MrTBSC

no, worries
  12. tanksy

tanksy Member

Is there a full change-list to what's new in TITANS?
  13. MrTBSC

disagree .. unavatuu was about to destroy the republic!!!

seriously while i can't relate to fable i would agree that titans feels more like an addon and should have been marketed as such ...
    ornithopterman likes this.
  14. thompsonshunter

Civilized? I just had money taken from me. I received a faulty, unfinished product, to watch that same company repackage that product with TITANS (insert marketing hype here). They then censored the mixed reviews from everyone else that for damn sure didn't like where this was going. Now we know where it's going. It's going into Ubers pocket. The hucksters won again. I'm going to have to now do alittle more homework on who's running this outfit so when this company crashes I don't get suckered in again like everyone else did.

Now, who's being civilized? Me, calling the crooks on their nonsense, or the crooks?
    tanksy likes this.
  15. MrTBSC

it still feels dodgy that titans wasn't purchaseable/visile as a seperate entity rather than a immidiate goldversion
    maskedcrash and ornithopterman like this.
  16. tanksy

tanksy Member

Let's not forget the $250 Cosmic Edition that came with a bunch of rewards that still haven't seen the light of day. Instead they were changed down the line and refunds weren't available and still aren't.

I'm still waiting for my rewards, Uber.
    All of them - not just a name on a planet.
    maskedcrash likes this.
  17. ornithopterman

ornithopterman Member

Hahah, oh well, my bad. :p But if even I get confused It may not be very clear for our friends on the steam forums
  18. MrTBSC

wishing upon people being fired does not help your case ... that is not a way of getting justice nor do you get anything from it ... and i can imagine that they rather deleted posts that were more about hate than raising propper critique ...

i can raise critique and concerns or even put up a fair warning if need be but without attacking someone else .. so can you ..
    maskedcrash likes this.
  19. thompsonshunter

See, in the business world, when you give the middle finger to your customers, you get fired. Every time I open PA I have to be reminded that i'm not in the elite club of dolts who had to pay 13 more bucks for something I already own to play what I should probably already have in a finished game. I don't like having middle fingers shoved in my face from video game companies. If they had the least bit of decency, the project lead would be run out of the office.
    Last edited: August 20, 2015
  20. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

You weren't owed TITANS.

You should probably stop pretending that you are. This is what is called "entitlement".
    Bsport, Geers, temeter and 1 other person like this.
  21. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

So they made a game with a new engine in 3 years time with 3D planets or stuff that has never been done before. with half of the developers and way less money than what is needed. And you guys compare it to games that had 2 times or even 3 times the amount of time to develop and had way more money assigned to it. This game and what they achieved is fantastic. I would love that they had the time and money SupCom had but they hadn't so they had to resolve to kickstarter and other means of funding. I'm pretty sure if they would have valve or blizzard amount of money things would be different.
    I don't know why any dev would make any RTS now anymore cause apparently it needs to be very cheap / bug-free and include every feature of all RTS before and even then most of you wouldn't be happy.
    So I think that you guys are really barking to the wrong tree.
    daTomas, xanoxis, cdrkf and 2 others like this.