We need YOU on the steam forums

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by stuart98, August 19, 2015.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Because it isn't really broken, yes you can find some bugs, but they're all not that bad anymore.
    And it's FUN. I played a 1v1 today that had a nuke and a roflstomp (erm atlas titan) in it.
    great game. great fun.
    cdrkf and stuart98 like this.
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

@jables Could we get some steam mods appointed to stem the vitriol?
    Gorbles and kjotak109 like this.
  3. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

Offering the expansion free to all Kickstarters was used to split the player base and thus force others to pay for the expansion if they want to continue playing multiplayer. Do you know how long you sometimes had to wait in the lobby to start a game, now double that with a split player base.

Uber are cunning.
  4. cola_colin

Currently the amount of players playing the base game on steam has doubled since before release.
    Not to mention that if you have the base game and I have titans we can play together the base game very easily. You make a server and I join. Magic happens and we play a game of pa vanilla.

The concept of addons is very old. Supreme Commander had one, people very highly regard it.
    Total Annihilation had more than one even.
    Why be upset about PA having one?
  5. bsergent

bsergent Active Member

The steam people are afraid to post here because we know we'll be banned for saying anything substantively negative at all. So enjoy the echo chamber guys. Might as well, since I guess you quite literally paid for it.
  6. Planktum

You really think you will play PA vanilla now that you have Titans. Yeah right.
  7. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

People are free to say negative things about the game here.

People are not free to spout bs as truth here or harass people for being fanboys or on Uber's paycheck.
  8. cola_colin

Ofc I won't. Well maybe if a friend only has vanilla... no wait I'd buy a 2nd copy to share.

Did you continue to play Supreme Commander vanilla after you got Forged Alliance? Well the vast majority of players didn't and it was good for SupCom.
    stuart98 and EdWood like this.
  9. Planktum

see update below.
    Last edited: August 19, 2015
  10. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

With that logic, there should never ever have been a SupCom FA then... stick to vanilla. Don't forget that if you already own PA you get 66% off the price. Most people got PA for even less during the sales. All in all super cheap and totally worth the money. I was about to uninstall PA because I thought there was a stand still, not because I did not like it anymore... it was about lobby waiting times... with Titans the whole game could get a big revive for the better.
    I have over 1000 hours logged into PA... it cannot be that bad for me then. ^^
    cdrkf likes this.
  11. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Thanks Planktum for this big **** up. FA was released in late 2007, less than a year after SupCom. Check the facts. :)
    Sept. 2011 was SC2 I think... not FA.

Don't shoot yourself in the foot mate. lol :)
    cdrkf and Planktum like this.
  12. Planktum

Last edited: August 19, 2015
  13. nizoox

nizoox New Member

Most big problems are, that no communication from deveolper site comes to the steam forums. The ppl. think they lean back and do nothing, its a shame that a user (stuart) must create threads for education.

The second thin is the $90 Steam Early Acces side, thats the biggest problem, this problem destroy the community. When +2000ppl vote reviews negativ/postitiv the uber management do realy things wrong. They must go to the steam forums and clarify the questions.

i realy can understand the hate in the steam forum.

only waiting from developer side is not the solution, how long do you think it takes to YouTuber, gaming portals are pointed out? Do you remember derek smart?

If the developers do something maybe slow it ends in a total disaster
  14. cola_colin

lol FA 2011. That's a pretty big mixup. The best years FA had were like 2008 and 2009, after it had been released 2007. I think basically in february they had released SupCom and in november they released FA. Developers directly moved over from SupCom to FA.
  15. Planktum

Okay you are correct. I was going by the dates shown on Steam. I think any move to split the player base so soon is a **** move. It's actually one of my biggest complaints about Battlefield Premium too.
  16. cola_colin

Well let us tell you this: When they released Forged Alliance the SupCom community was very happy overall and moved over completely. That's the typical thing that happens when an addon is released. Yes it costs you a bit of money. But you get new stuff and typically the game is more active after then before because it attracts people who had given up on the base game.
    cdrkf, EdWood and stuart98 like this.
  17. pieman90

pieman90 Active Member

o_O All RTS games get expansions and some C&C games got it within 6 months of release (even faster in the case of RA the original which got an impressive 3 expansions in the time frame of 1 year, or was it 2?)
    cdrkf and stuart98 like this.
  18. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Split what player-base, you know how long we have/had to wait in the lobby to get a game going, not a good game, but a game. Hopefully this will change with Titans. ^^
    cdrkf likes this.
  19. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

This would be a good idea.

I don't think you understand how to get banned. Posting an opinion, isn't it.

Calling everyone an idiot and hoping the developers set themselves on fire (actually posts, on the Steam forums)? That might do it.
    cdrkf, ecervele and stuart98 like this.
  20. jables

jables Uber Employee

I dont' actually have any real power on steam forums.