PAT sound problems

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Spriggan43, August 19, 2015.

1. Spriggan43

Spriggan43 Active Member

Hi guys,

Just downloaded and played "PAT" and I wish to report, there is some sound distortion when launching the game and Sound was cutting out at end game distorted and sometimes only playing half the sound file.
  2. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Do you have a recording of it? Might help the guys at Uber to figure out the cause :)
  3. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Are you on Windows 10?
  4. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Same problem here sound distortion and sound skip , when these occur the fps drops into single digit. Specs below
    I tryed disabling my sound card and then play PAT, there was no issues with fps drops.
    I have A Logitech G35 headset with build in sound card, I have never had an issue with the Original PA.
    All mods is Disabled in PAMM
    Last edited: August 19, 2015
  5. Spriggan43

Spriggan43 Active Member

Yes, I am on windows 10 with all my drivers updated where possible.
  6. Spriggan43

Spriggan43 Active Member

That video is a great example of what I am experiencing.
  7. unsoldier

unsoldier New Member

I'm also having the same issue with end game sound cutting in and out. Not seeing any visible framerate drop though. Never had this issue with the original PA. I upgraded to the latest NVIDIA drivers (my rig uses NVIDIA HDMI out for all sound) and still have the issue. I am on Windows 7 x64.
  8. Spriggan43

Spriggan43 Active Member

I am on Windows 10 64bit, an AMD card with latest drivers and using Realtek onboard sound via SPDIF.
    Currently i am away from home, so iam unable to upload a dxdiag file for uber to confirm if its a setup problem on my side.
  9. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

This is a win 10 issue. I have the same thing I think. When I launch pa there's this loud audio distortion. Happens with a few other games too.

Edit:
    Oops I may have posted in the wrong place. Sorry about that.
  10. Felig

Felig New Member

I'm still having sound issues. Loud noise when I launch titans and then every so often frame rate drops dramatically when it is playing a sound. any fix on the horizon for this yet?
  11. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

It seems to be caused by Windows 10 or maybe by drivers that aren't ready for Windows 10 yet, so you'll have to wait to updates for those.

A workaround seem to exist though: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2...creech_when_launching_with_windows_10/cty2mui
    So you can give that a try.
  12. Felig

Felig New Member

will do thanks. Strange as its the only game where I have a problem with the sound
  13. DeathByDenim

Yeah, on closer inspection, it may just be an FMOD issue. It's a sound library that is used by many games. The link I sent you for example is for the game "Guild Wars 2". Like PA, it uses FMOD.

Edit: Actually, that's exactly it. Here's the bug report:
    http://www.fmod.org/questions/question/loud-pop-when-initializing-on-windows-10
    Apparently it has been fixed in the latest version of the FMOD libraries (4.44.56)
    Last edited: September 10, 2015
  14. Felig

Felig New Member

tried it in windows 7 mode but didn't seem to make much of a difference. Thanks for trying to help
  15. DeathByDenim

If your are REAAALLY adventurous, you can try replacing the three fmod*.dll libraries in <PA Install Dir>/bin_x64 with updated copies downloaded from fmod.org directly. Likely it will just break stuff, so back up the old files before you overwrite them.

The dll's can be found in the fmodapi download at http://www.fmod.org/download/fmodex/api/Win/fmodapi44456win-installer.exe
  16. sebovzeoueb

sebovzeoueb Active Member

I also have this problem on Windows 10 64 bit with an NVIDIA card.
  17. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Sry too necro this but I still have this issue :/ Any ideas?
  18. DeathByDenim

I'm afraid you'll have to wait until Uber updates FMOD to 4.44.56. It still seems to be 4.44.44 now. Well, that or try to manually update the fmod dlls. That could break stuff though.
    FSN1977 likes this.
  19. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

I will try ,it but it tells my I dont have access to the files when I press the link
  20. DeathByDenim

Yeah, fmod recently updated their website to require accounts and such nonsense...
    Anyway, I've attached the newer version of the DLLs.

Attached Files:

killerkiwijuice and FSN1977 like this.