No lobby, No galactic war victory screen, No joining, omnipresent malformed UTF-16 sequence

Discussion in 'Support!' started by komandorcliff, August 19, 2015.

1. komandorcliff

komandorcliff Member

Hi, i have a massive, MASSIVE problem that i was trying to fix for 2 days now

Namely, i can't start or join any server, classic and titan, mod or clean, online or local, skirmish or multi, doesnt matter, it ALWAYS shows eternal login accepted / world simulation something screen (when offline)

interestingly, galactic war and tutorial function(perfectly by the way), but only for first 1 mission, because upon victory/defeat there is no victory screen whatsoever, simulation just stops after some time, chronocam and everything functional, but progress doesnt save, and so i CAN'T move from any mission!

i tried literaly everything, disabling all mods, uninstalling all mods, REINSTALLING AND UNISTALLING all mods, purging all mods data and pamm, reinstalling them TO PURGE THEM AGAIN, purging the settings, caches, old uber launcher (non steam), all classic pa and pte instances, my saves and profiles (systems spared), and even reinstalling entire game, TWICE

i didn't try launching pa while completely offline and im about to do it, and im pretty sure its not because of mods, i dont know how to do dxdiag so if neccesary i would like some instructions, im attaching logs for create game, create game (local), join multiplayer game and tutorial game (winning, leaving to menu, going back to check tutorial galactic map, saving and going to menu, quiting entire game)

don't let mods listed in logs fool you, they are disabled, altrought for some reasong my pip is still named second camera pip, even tought i didnt used that mod in forever and purged everything old

oh, i almost forgot, every single time some of those problems arise, THIS shows up in logs
    ERROR Error decoding message from server: malformed UTF-16 sequence

on a side note, its perfectly possible to get ruthless achievment by playing tutorial 5 times!
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  2. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

That is hilarious :D

EDIT: Perhaps I should actually try to be helpful. Could you please post your DxDiag.txt?

[​IMG]
  3. komandorcliff

komandorcliff Member

i was able to play a massive free for all bounty gamemode ai game while being cut off from net and completely offline

there's no mistaking it, its either problem on uber (or netcode) side or my internet suddenly changed into a malevolent warp entity, and i doubt its the latter
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Do you happen to use any fancy characters in your ingame name? UTF-16 characters?
  5. komandorcliff

komandorcliff Member

eheheheeehehehahahahahahahahahahHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAADSHWAHDAHDHahdhadhah....

a fancy yellow star... all of this because of it......

its fixed, i will now go cry in the corner :oops:
    cola_colin likes this.
  6. cola_colin

Can you post your the name you used to Uber can put it on a list of bugs?
  7. komandorcliff

komandorcliff Member

That one specific symbol that caused this doesnt show up on this forum either, not just incorrectly, but like, at all, so not really

'' in those 2 air qoutes i spammed the hell out of that symbol, so in a chance that it actualy shows up its there

what i CAN say its that is a yellow colored falling star, with emphasis on yellow colored, ALWAYS, EVERYWHERE

Edit: found some links

http://graphemica.com/
    https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/

Edit 2: problems happen only with coloured symbols, i simply switched to
    radioactive symbol that is colorless and it doesnt cause those problems, but it shows as weird blank square in game anyway

Edit 3: i didnt violate any forum rules by posting those links, did i? :eek:
    Last edited: August 19, 2015
  8. cola_colin

You didn't. The start isn't yellow for me though, but okay.
    Good report of an issue, thank you.