1. freeman808

freeman808 New Member

Hello everyone, I don't really expect a lot of response but I REALLY have to get this off my chest. Please understand that I am not here to bash Uber pointlessly. Now i really like PA but the game is empty, there are still features that are not in the game that Dev's mentioned and keep in mine some people paid $90 for this (I pre-ordered and i believe spent about $30). Now giving this "Expansion" to Kickstarter backers is a good move on your end and for that i give you props! But you guys Really should check yourselves. The game is still lacking features people were told would be in the game at release. I know steam reviews are a joke and lets be frank half the time they are useless as it gets when it comes to making an informed purchase decision. But there has been and continues to be a lot of negativity about how you guys act when it comes to the price and support your games go for and receive respectively and id like to make the reccomendation that you figure out who bought the $90 copies on steam and please give them titans for free, there is a big feeling that you guys abandon games and only care about money which builds into people buying your products.
    Best wishes--Freeman
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

First of it's good to see calm critic. The decision about EA buyers is what it is and I guess Uber just had to made that decision to be able to pay their bills. Maybe the amount of people who bought the game in EA really was pretty high, so giving away titans for free to all of them would've lost just too much money.

It's really crazy how weird the internet is though. Just to quickly summarize a few facts about Uber:

- They first made MNC. Cool game.
    - Then they went and made SMNC. They tried to make it f2p but financially it failed. Hard. Like they never made any wins at all. A red entry in their finances. They supported that game over 30+ updates, way longer than they should have financially. They are still paying for servers to play SMNC to this day.
    - They started PA in 2012. Since then they have worked on it. After the rough and early release they continued to patch it non stop.
    - Now they release an addon for PA. They do make it free to more than 40k people who backed on kickstarter at least. Consider how much money that is actually about. 40k people times 13$.

And people say this company abandons games.....

the internet
    Antiglow, whisperr, nateious and 13 others like this.
  3. probodobodyne

probodobodyne Active Member

This is bit of an internet cliche, and sadly it is directed more towards companies that actually DON'T do this as opposed to those who do. I'm not a game developer but I think it would pretty hurtful to keep hearing stuff like "you take our money and then abandon the game" when you're trying your best.
    Nicb1, ace63, cwarner7264 and 4 others like this.
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Yep. I feel with the devs at Uber. You might have noticed they were active during the weekend pushing for the release of titans as well.
    Nicb1, Gorbles, proeleert and 4 others like this.
  5. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

what i dont get from OP .... WHAT is lacking .. please be a bit more specific ..
    Gorbles, Bsport and doud like this.
  6. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I can't imagine what it would be like releasing something like this - that you've spent months on, working hard and pouring your passion into it as I know the guys at Uber do, being exceptionally proud of what you and your team have accomplished - then reading through some of the vitriol poured on Uber by people who are upset that they have to pay a small amount for it.

This is why I'm making it my personal mission to record and publish as many people getting hours and hours of joy from TITANS as possible. Uber deserve to see how happy they've made people with this update.

On the Realm teamspeak last night, a few people who were Kickstarter backers were confused because their game didn't update to TITANS. Rather than wait for support to get it sorted, they just went ahead and bought the expansion for the 66% reduced price so they could get on and play it that night. Perfectly willing to throw money at Uber even though they didn't have to.

That's the image the hard-working developers deserve to have in their mind when they picture the PA playerbase.
    squishypon3, Nicb1, Gorbles and 3 others like this.
  7. Bsport

Bsport Well-Known Member

They never come back with what is missing, they just make the claim and never back it up.
    Geers, squishypon3, xanoxis and 3 others like this.
  8. BallsonFire

BallsonFire Active Member

I also paid $90,- for PA and did this to support Uber. It would have been nice to get this (basically DLC) for free. I understand that Uber has to make money and need that support but asking so much for so little extra does not look that good. My best guess is that they want to make money from the first horde of buyers and 1-2 moths later this game will be in sale with %70 off. That also happened with PA vanilla
  9. ooddball

ooddball Member

i believe that if anybody who paid more than 60 euro or dollar has to pay anything for PA titans then they would be paying twice for it

also i payed 200$ if you would feel pissed at 90$ try and get on my level if they make me have to pay(i didnt)
  10. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

Uber has done an amazing job at constantly working on bugs and adding additional features and gameplay. Uber has shown they care about the game and the community. The Titan expansion will bring some capital back to Uber.

I certainly don't mind spending $14 to keep Uber focusing on PA a little longer!
    squishypon3, cdrkf, xanoxis and 3 others like this.
  11. MrTBSC

i paid 60 ... and i would give a damn about it weither i had to pay again for it ..
    i paid 60 to get into beta and get a progenitor commander .. which i got ..

others payed to get into alpha and got another commander .. WHICH THEY GOT

others payed for more stuff like shirts and miniantures and extracopies ... which many of them may have got by now

it is all a matter of if you consider the content made to be worth it ...
    many of it was not even promissed in the kickstarter ..

and you payed so much for many different reasons than to be entitled to get the addon for free ..
  12. ooddball

ooddball Member

no i payed $200 because i BELIEVED it would be worth it but with because i BELIEVED i would get everything the game would become but instead i get disappointed to the point i dont even want to have bought the game EVER at all simple because they made what i payed for in an expansion that came out of the blue never been mentioned before making me feel sick about being an early backer and i dont think its right i pay AGAIN for it when it should already have been in the game in the first place and not a SEPERATE STANDALONE expansion
  13. MrTBSC

i honestly don't get you .. realy i don't
    what exatly did you spend those 200 dollars for?
  14. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

That is an interesting point. From your statement I would infer that this is a bad thing. So let me ask you:
    What would be an acceptable timeframe for you to make a sale to, say a 75% reduction (i.e. $10 for anyone)?
  15. decrayer

decrayer New Member

I find it also a bit strange. I bought the game including the beta phase on 12/5/2013 (according to the shop here) from this website, because I was told, that the dev's don't have to pay the kickstarter fee from that money and the funding from kickstarter was successfull anyway.

I don't mind to pay 13$ for the expansion, but I don't like that Kickstarter backers don't have to pay anything although I supported the game at almost the same time. It would be nice to give the discount to all people who took part in the beta.
  16. MrTBSC

i still stand by saying that there is a difference between having backed the kickstarter and participating in early access ... ksmoney was were it was most neccesary .. early access money was not imo ..
    however i don't realy disagree with maybe all people to have paid for the addon .. you would however still have people against that ..
  17. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Kickstarter was about a year before beta, when there was no game at all. That said as a kickstarter backer I'd have no problem paying for titans anyway.
    squishypon3 and nateious like this.
  18. ooddball

ooddball Member

instead of some fancy reply just get this i wanted to support them with a bit ekstra because i trusted them but apparently i was wrong to do that and the reason i blame them is because they but the last bit that was supposed to be in PA was made into a seperate expansion at full price it i not fair towards anybody who supported them and i would still have said that at 10$
  19. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

I just don't think there should be a time limit on the 66% off for people who already own the game. Take that out, I can quite happily accept the Titans Pack as just that, a pack. Its a great edition for the game for people who have never bought the game before but feels like a bit of a kick in the teeth to people who already spent 60$ and upwards on it because basically anyone who owns PA, and doesn't manage to pick up titans by October, will be forced to pay full wack for it and essentially buying the same game twice, so you are basically forcing everyone who already own the game to spend a further $14 now! People generally don't like being forced into things.

The game will always have serious performance issues though, and lava planets still look like alpha. Really wish they would work on the Lava planets, get them up to par where they need to be visually.
  20. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Based on how they promoted PA, I would expect Titans to go on sale during the Christmas and Easter Steam sales..... so if you don't get it now it will probably be a similar price in the future as well :)