Disappointed

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by Uke, August 19, 2015.

1. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

that i answered before ...

20KS$ >>>>>>>>>> 90EA$

also you didn´t wait .. you got in early were others had to wait ... and also got an alpha and progenitor commander .. and maybe even an ajax and theta ..
  2. mael9740

mael9740 New Member

"If you give us some money, we can start making some really good cookies for everyone to enjoy. Here's some batter for you to try for now. You'll love it once they're done!"

"Wow this tastes good so far, but it could use some chocolate chips in it before you bake it!"

"Great idea, thanks for the cash and we'll put some chocolate chips in the cookie batch before we put it in the oven! You can have some once they're finished."

-Two Years Later-

"Hey the cookies are done! Thanks for supporting us along the way!...Oh but if you want any of the finished cookies you're going to have to give me some more money even though I promised you could have some."

HOW IS THIS LEGAL?

I payed 90€ (cause for steam 1$=1€) on steam for the complete game (soundtrack and DDB dlc) because i thinked that all updates will be free (exclude cosmetic commanders)... but now, an awesome update, and i have to pay!

Its like doing experimentals and t3 of Supreme Commander Forged Alliance a 15$ dlc
  3. Geers

Geers Post Master General

It's a different cookie mate.

PS:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/9420/
    tatsujb likes this.
  4. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

It is most definitely legal. You can question it, be unhappy with it, ignore everyone telling you you're wrong, etc, et al.

But it is legal.

Paying for something on Steam when it's already a working (ish) game is not the same as backing a Kickstarter which might not even happen. This ain't hard to understand.
    radongog, Geers and tunsel11 like this.
  5. athamas

athamas New Member

How do i figure out what sort of backer i was?
    I have the copy that came with sound track and digital art download

I thought i was a KS backer? but in the armory i get it listed as~$13 redemption
  6. Geers

We're operating on the Theoretical Model of Steam Early Access.

You know, like how everyone uses Newtonian models for most things even though in reality **** gets weird and complicated and mathy.
    Gorbles likes this.
  7. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

It's not Uber's fault you decided to pay $90 and didn't read what you were getting in exchange.

You purchased early access to a game that already existed, while KS backers funded a game based on a video and a website, and took on the risk that they might get absolutley nothing for their money. What you got for your money was clearly laid out in front of you on the store page.

It's already a nice gesture towards KS backers to get this for free, and us EA buyers get a very nice discount, which UBER is in no way obligated to do.

You have conducted a piece of business, parted with your money in exchange for a product. Why do you feel that the provider is in any way obligated to provide you with the fruits of their labour past that point? And don't forget, PA has been well supported for the last goodness knows how long with patches and new content.
  8. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

At the end of the day, Uber had to draw the line somewhere. Wherever there is a sliding scale and a definite line needs to be drawn through it, those closest to that line will notice the difference between them and their neighbours far more than those further away.
    Gorbles likes this.
  9. nosavvy

nosavvy New Member

are u kidding me?

i bought 200$ comic eddition

but dev said

"kick starter is free~~~"

seriously??? UH??

so ... what What's my bonus???

Delta Shoulder Pads????????

u are Terrible service
  10. Geers

Least Comprehensible Post of the Week award goes to you.
    radongog, ace63 and tunsel11 like this.
  11. V4NT0M

V4NT0M Well-Known Member

I don't get you people.

Uber give everyone who owns PA a nice expansion for £10 that is not a bad price for DLC if you think it is then you should go look at some actual figures adjust your rose tinted glasses a little and finally use your hands and get a firm grip on that thing called reality.

Uber decided to give TITANS to KS backers as a treat, a thank you for ensuring that the game was funded and made in the first place. If you weren't a KS backer then you literally were not as important as those who bought it after. Whether by choice or not you were not buying into as big of a risk as those that went before you.

Sure I was a KS backer and I'm happy with my free copy but that £10 TITANS expansion would have been snapped up the instant I logged into steam if I had not got it free.

At the end of the day it comes down to your opinion...

Do you think that uber are a bunch of profiteering, morally bankrupt shysters trying to rinse as much money out of poor souls as possible?

Or do you think that they are a small dev studio trying to make games they like to make and know that people like to play who are just trying to make games and make money at the same time.

If it's the former then just back up and go play some more COD Ghosts. If it's the latter then pay the measly few quid to support a company you like and be proud of supporting a game that you like that would have probably never happened were it not for Kickstarter.

Or maybe you'd like to see them code a crappy movie tie in game just to make ends meet, you want to play Fast 8 don't you.

In conclusion, I'm disappointed too, disappointed in YOU.
  12. atlas974

atlas974 New Member

The only thing Uber is doing is to divide a really small community, early access users that used to defend the game are now feeling ripped off and we're fighting each other..... Some words from Uber would really calm things a bit regarding the early access period and why they feel we aren't entitled to something better than the 66% price cut that every PA user get. They simply could just do a 70% price cut for early acces and that would do it.
    It's not a matter of money but it's a matter of how things are getting done.... Uber are good Dev but the compagny and their decisions are a bit akward right now.
  13. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

14. Geers

tunsel11 likes this.
  15. mael9740

mael9740 New Member

Look on my dicussion, a backer that have our opinion! He have a brain, not like these who say "lol, we are backers that payed 15$, and you paid 90$, we paid less, for more, and same risk. You paid more for less and samee risk, but we are backers!" That game, in EA, has a chance to be abandoned also.
  16. Geers

Early Access still isn't Kickstarter pal.
  17. atlas974

atlas974 New Member

Making war between kickstarter backer and Early access users won't solve problems, hardcore fans of the game always been part of kickstarter and part of EA people, praising one and shafting the other won't help the player base. If you want to help ask Uber to aknowledge the problem so that EA people won't feel hurt inside.
  18. Geers

I don't get it. You didn't pay for infinite free expansion packs. You weren't offered infinite free expansion packs. More importantly, you aren't the reason the game exists.

You're not entitled to free stuff because you paid to QA test.
    Bsport likes this.
  19. atlas974

atlas974 New Member

Saddest part isn't free stuff (got myself plenty of money), it's the way it's handled right now by Uber and the effect it (will) have on sales and player base (like explained in my post).
    bradaz85, radongog and ace63 like this.
  20. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

That is indeed the biggest concern at the moment.
    atlas974 and radongog like this.