PA: TITANS is live!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, August 18, 2015.

1. Going4Quests

Going4Quests Active Member

@cola_colin can you please help me with the crashes? :s
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I dunno what to do apart to give the standard "install better drivers" stuff.
  3. Going4Quests

Going4Quests Active Member

Everything updated. :( Can no one look at the logs and find out what's wrong? :(
  4. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Wait wait what? I'm asleep for a few hours and Uber goes ahead and releases something that does the same thing as Galactic Annihilation as a new standalone expansion?

I'm going to have a much busier week before school starts than I imagined...
    Remy561, cdrkf, lafncow and 4 others like this.
  5. nateious

nateious Active Member

@jables

I think the important question of the day is, will I be able to buy a boxed copy of PA: Titans, so it can join my TA, TA:CC, SupCom, SupCom: FA and PA shrine of awesome RTS games.
    cdrkf, daTomas and stuart98 like this.
  6. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Nice stuff. I wonder if there's a more detailed rundown of what's new and changed in titans somewhere? Unit spotlights or something perhaps. Can't find information anywhere. Yea there are new units and stuff, but what's changed with the core gameplay, unit interaction, polish etc.

Although i guess one could buy on steam with steam refund to see whats up, but that seems kinda douchebaggy and probably costs uber some fees.

*i saw orbital battleship being mentioned too! Anyone made any spotlight videos of this stuff yet?
  7. cola_colin

8. elodea

elodea Post Master General

stuart98 and proeleert like this.
  9. fraxtion

fraxtion Member

I'm... Not sure how I feel about this.

I understand that Uber, as a company, needs to make money. That's only normal.
    It needs to pay employees, electricity etc and preferably make some profit too, otherwise your business is failing.

But on the other hand... Almost every feature of TITANS... The unit variety, the experimentals, the orbital stuff, hovers, better terrain (I was looking forward to better terrain) were things that PA really needed, and I personally was waiting until they got released, so I'm kind of sad about that. It's as if the game I've been waiting for to be fixed instead gets rereleased, and people who had the "unfixed" (Still pretty epic, but lacking a lot of things) are left out.
    But that isn't the main issue, to be honest.

(From: http://www.uberent.com/pa/faq/)

People who don't get the expansion are left out of any new content at all.
    I get why this is necessary: said new content is probably based on units, concepts and mechanics introduced by TITANS, and making the same updates too for "Classic" PA would take a lot more time, if it isn't near impossible.
    (I'm glad they'll keep working on performance and stability though - Thanks for that :) )
    This leaves me kind of disappointed though. The game I like won't get new stuff anymore unless I pay.

I'm not sure whether or not I will get TITANS. Not because of the price (Which is actually good for what it is.), but more because of... Well, all of this. I'll decide before 18 October, that's for sure, because this is still one of the most epic RTS games ever made.

So, that's what I think. Please note I do not intend to come across as greedy or entitled. I tried to list the positive and negative points as objectively as possible when voicing your opinion.
    stonewood1612, cdrkf and stuart98 like this.
  10. ripperx69

ripperx69 New Member

Can Titans be used with Galactic War?
  11. cola_colin

Ofc you can play Galactic War in Titans
  12. jables

jables Uber Employee

yep. Titans tech can be found, as can reduction in Titans build cost.
  13. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

What do they mean by multi-level terrain? as one of the features....
  14. stuart98

Not sure if Uber is aware, but apparently they can be found in the base game too (just useless card). This according to a post on reddit.
  15. stuart98

So like you know how on Duat they have a plateau?

The idea is that those plateaus will now generate in random systems, one on top of the other, with them being pathable at certain points.

If I'm correct.
    cdrkf likes this.
  16. PrinceAAwe

PrinceAAwe Member

how do u download it?
  17. ecervele

ecervele Member

18. tigerwarrior

tigerwarrior Active Member

I squee'd SO HARD!!! Just this morning in the shower (no, not like that) I was thinking about giant T3 units and THEY'RE HERE!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!! Curiously, my base PA is gonna update to this yes? I checked the steam page and it says I own it so do I worry about doing anything else? I don't know, just curious. Edit: I found it, it's a standalone game in my library, I assume that means I can uninstall the original PA...??? Or does the original PA update to include Titans?
    cwarner7264 and cdrkf like this.
  19. stuart98

Uninstall old PA.
  20. cola_colin

the uberlauncher just updated the old PA to titans :>
    MrTBSC likes this.