Also feeling a little disheartened

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by TehOwn, August 18, 2015.

1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I don't really see blind fanboyism, I'm not calling you a blind troll, an idiot, or etc.. for having a disagreement of worth and ethics, so why do that for me?

People buy things that to others seem over priced or event worthless. People buy art for hundreds of thousands, or buy a silly CSGO skin for 12000$...

To them it's worth something more than you can see, that doesn't mean either of you are at fault.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

What is bad about throwing money at a game that is so much fun? Why are you telling me how money I should spent on things that are fun? Where is the scam in that?

Also since I was a kickstarter backer I got the expansion for free.
  3. squishypon3

Terrain differentiation was in the game for a long while, it just had to be axed at some point due to issues with it.

Afaik the tutorial, balanced changes, generation changes and etc.. are all installed to the base game and you don't need to buy the expansions for that. All bugfixes go to the O: PA.
  4. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

You're missing the point entirely. I'm not out to offend you, I apologize it seems that way. Yes you are right, its all relative. But we aren't talking about how much people spend on art and whatnot, it's about buying something multiple times. I too naively thought buying PA at 4x the price on steam, would help them, Every time I heard Jon Mavor on the live streams thanking the backers for their support, I thought they included people like me that paid over the odds to contribute to the cause, but for a while now it feels like I was just naive. I don't hold a high opinion over Uber's ways of doing things as it has played out, and it just very well may stain the company for years to come.
    Last edited: August 18, 2015
    elkanfirst, Sparky134 and maskedcrash like this.
  5. maskedcrash

maskedcrash Active Member

I did kinda note that was just me. I think we're having a clash of values here more than anything else honestly. You spend what you want, but understand that not everyone is in the position to toss money around for a questionable return.
  6. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Is it kind of a given that I log onto the forums to see what this TITANS thing is, and the first thread I see is a whine thread?
    pieman2906 and Nicb1 like this.
  7. maskedcrash

Oh. They... could have made that a bit clearer.
  8. cola_colin

Well if you do already own PA it is 14€ to upgrade if you are not a backer.
    I dunno but I honestly feel 14€ is a pretty good deal. Many other games cost a ton more and are a lot less fun.
    pieman2906 likes this.
  9. maskedcrash

It's... kinda a whine thread but there are some very legit points here. Also, complaining about complaints... yeah.
    elkanfirst, Andyruler10 and bradaz85 like this.
  10. squishypon3

Oh shush you. ;P
    bradaz85 likes this.
  11. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

no u :p
  12. squishypon3

I maaaay be wrong, but that seems to be what the big update for the base game was. =o
  13. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

no me! :D
    cwarner7264 and bradaz85 like this.
  14. knub23

knub23 Active Member

Can't they give the game to everyone who registered it on steam prior to xx.xx.xxxx? I think other games did similar stuff. I don't think the complexity of giving the Early Access backers the game is that high. That is the point that really frustrates me: Did they even think about the people who payed so much money and helped them in Early Access? It feels like they just thought about the kickstarter people and don't really care about the people who also invested a lot of money into the game and thereby put a lot of confidence in them during the early stages of developement.
    Andyruler10 and bradaz85 like this.
  15. squishypon3

Well they must have thought of all the early access buyers, we all got the expansion at 66% off. Really it should be expected, they really can't afford to release so much extra work for free- hehe.

All the bug fixes and things that came with the expansion are free, only extra things never intended to be in the game are at a cost. (And again at a discount too!)
  16. knub23

knub23 Active Member

Well if they can't afford to release so much extra work for free, can they afford that x people don't get into the game? That the ladder will be empty again in 2 weeks? That people give so much negative feedback about their game again (this is not the first PA PR desaster)? It seems they can afford that.

Yes I can continue playing PA without the expansion but I guess I would be playing alone on the ladder, my friends bought (because they paid 5€ for the base game) or got the expansion for free and I guess future tournaments will require the expansion, so basically owning the base game is worthless for me now. So the bugfixes don't really help.
    elkanfirst and Andyruler10 like this.
  17. Andyruler10

Andyruler10 New Member

Really? That game wasn't finished look to all the gaming media they say the same thing and now you're arbitrarily creating a border behind which all the content that was promised in early access is no locked, I'd say Uber's violated the terms of the agreement we made with them when we bought at early access, this is stomping grounds level of early access fraud...
    Also I'm a student living on $140 a week after rent etc, I begged food off mates to be able to afford the last game and now a basic patch is making me think I might need to resort to the same thing again.
    And you think to call me entitled? God it's nice to see how little any Uber staff care at all care about their customers.
    maskedcrash likes this.
  18. cola_colin

Uber patched the vanilla base game every month, adding lots of new content since the last time and big review of the game happened. I honestly mean it when I say the base game is in a good state as well, though obviously what you get with titans makes it even so much better.
    The base game btw got new maps and new effects and stuff as well, that isn't exclusive to titans.

Titans is an addon you get for 14$. Forged Alliance was an addon people got for 30$ and to be totally honest SupCom without FA wasn't that crazy great either.
    Nicb1 and Murcanic like this.
  19. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Sadly my biggest problem is that when I bought PA for $60 to get Beta (Since I had no money during the KS :() that I can't afford to spend $14 or whatever it is on the game, even though it looks amazing. I played PA for probably 300 hours, which is pretty good considering how limited the game has been for much of the time, so I certainly don't feel robbed, but rather just disappointed that I likely won't get to take advantage of it after spending so much money (relatively speaking) and effort aiding it's development.

Maybe Uber can convince me that PA: Titans is almost twice as good as base PA, and I'd set aside some money for it, but for now I'll just have to congratulate them. As for anybody who doesn't like that the backers get it when you bought into it a day later or spend $250 nearly a year later: they had to choose the most reasonable cut off, while still giving the backers the very best deal. It's a shame, but a missed chance is still missed.
    maskedcrash likes this.
  20. Abaddon1

Abaddon1 Active Member

It was just for you, for old times sake. At least its a different flavor, and actually surprisingly civil.
    maskedcrash likes this.