PA: TITANS is live!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, August 18, 2015.

1. lizard771

lizard771 Well-Known Member

<D>own<L>oad <C>ontent....ugh, I guess yes.
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, that's the price for the stand-alone expansion. Basically PA + DLC. So -66% if you already have the PA part.
  3. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

I get so confused.. all I know is SC: FA is still awesome.. with the mods and Sorian's AI.. still love to play it.
  4. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Well based on that definition *every single game* is DLC? So that means *any game studio* that *charges money* for *any digitally distributed game* is evil and ripping you off? ok....
    ArchieBuld and nateious like this.
  5. lizard771

lizard771 Well-Known Member

Downloadable content (DLC) is additional content created for a released video game. It is distributed through the Internet by the game's official publisher or other third party content producers.

Also, for you DLC automatically means ripping off? Weird.
  6. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

AYYY! OWO IS VANILLA NOW! FINALLY!
  7. XilentDude

XilentDude New Member

Well, I bought the game in July 2014 and I paid somewhere around 13-15 Euros. Usually, it's not that much, except that I live in a shitty country where I receive only a 20 Euro allowance (they doubled it last month from 10 Euros). Paying 12.5 Euros for an "expansion" means more than half of my monthly allowance.

Also, the thing is that some people (including me) are going to believe that they are abandoning the vanilla game just to work on this "standalone expansion" and this stops me from buying it because they might as well do this again in one or two years.

The only alternative would be pirating this expansion, which I'm not going to do right now (even if it is legal in this country).
  8. billthebluebot

billthebluebot Active Member

TITANS is crashing all over the place: in the skirmish lobby, in the tutorial and on the loading screen.
  9. doud

doud Well-Known Member

TITANS is playing like a charm like PA. UBER <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    ArchieBuld and Remy561 like this.
  10. cdrkf

Based on your comments I think *you* view DLC as rip off. On that basis SupCom FA was also DLC?

This is a new, standalone game, which is a sequel / expansion to original PA. That doesn't strike me as in line with your description which is charged content for a current game.

Lets be clear- classic PA still exists and you can go play it now, Uber aren't stopping it working. This is like MNC -> SMNC, SupCom -> SupCom FA...
  11. cdrkf

Can you post a DX-Diag (assuming windows)? Usually problems like this are driver related.
  12. billthebluebot

sorry, i genuanly have no clue what a DX-Diag is, im not too knowledgeable with computers you see.
    edit: yes im on windows
    cdrkf likes this.
  13. cdrkf

Ok, so I'm assuming your computer runs Windows (e.g. Windows 8.1)?

If you go to the search option (just above start button in windows 7, top right of the menu page in 8) and type in 'DXDIAG' and press enter, it will load a diagnostics tool.

There's an option on the bottom of that to 'save all information'. Click that and it will save a 'dxdiag.txt' file to your computer. Once saved, upload that file here so we can see the diagnostics info for your machine. Someone on the forum should be able to help you fix the problem with that info :)
  14. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

It's SC:FA for PA
    devoh likes this.
  15. billthebluebot

ok, now i feel really lazy and dumb, i hope this is what you meant.

Attached Files:

cdrkf likes this.
  16. cdrkf

Thats ok, yes that is the info we needed. Your graphics drivers look ok, though you only have 6gb ram? Apparently Titans wants 8gb minimum. That could be the problem, also I notice your on Windows 10, I'm not sure how well supported that is with PA right now. Maybe @DeathByDenim could help further as I've got to go right now.
  17. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

Have you removed all mods? I can't imagine mods would be working yet.
  18. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Some do. Check with the thread of the mods.

Confirmed to work for example are hotbuild2 and pa stats
  19. billthebluebot

goshdarn computers, the forum tells me you reply, but i only saw
    i disabled them in PAMM
  20. billthebluebot

hmm, didnt check any of that, regular PA worked, so i assumed titans would, and it ran much more smoothly for minute or so it ran.