Our one step solution to overtime juicing

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Demigod At Play, February 22, 2011.

1. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I can tell you right now why. You were not prepared for Overtime.

Also Juice buying in OT is overrated. Melee Jackbots for easy juice the only cooldown timer is how fast you can spam melee.

Again do you guys know the purpose of Overtime? (And when I say you guys I mean the ones who don't seem to understand)

[Edit]
    Grapple followed by Shotgun blasts. Sadly the Support has no knockback attacks. If you are willing to give your life to kill a juiced Assassin, which you should, stick her with an Air Strike then grapple her.
  2. Vogue

Vogue New Member

I would LOVE to prepare for overtime... If I knew how much time was left. Sadly, I never do. I only have a vague idea of when Overtime is on the brink. And since we don't have a conventional method of checking the time, and Mickey Cantor never says anything useful beyond letting us know when the annihilator is ready, I'm almost never prepared for overtime. Unless I manage to spawn right before overtime hits. Which is rare.

Overrated or not, juices or not, meleeing jackbots and all that. Doesn't change the point I was trying to make with my rant. Overtime is not fun. Even if I WAS prepared, and I WAS at spawn when Overtime hit, and i DID counter a juiced assassin and saved our moneyball. (Which I have done more than once before.) The game has ceased to be fun to me. Until the next round begins.
  3. DeadStretch

Then end the match before Overtime.

Overtime (haha no pun) it'll get easier to judge when OT is coming. Using the Mascot and Jackbots to help you determined when about in the game you are. Both come out in 5 minute intervals, mascot before Jackbots.

Being prepared for OT is knowing it is almost here. 3 minutes before OT is plenty of time to be prepared. I guess it's just one of those things that come with experience.

Overtime works the way it was intended to, a chaotic and intense end to the game.
  4. MarkyX

MarkyX New Member

You're terrible then.

Juice buying is something the best player on the team does to continue with the pressure. It's a snowball mechanic that promotes the better team. Only bads have a problem with this.
  5. MarkyX

MarkyX New Member

Disagree and agree.

OT is fine, the problem is the lack of notification for overtime. I would love to see the game timer in the corner (like we have OT) in the HUD. I would like to be told how much there is left and have an announcer to say that Overtime is imminent (NHL has an announcer that says this during the last minute of period)
  6. DeadStretch

There are notification throughout the whole game that lets you know how far along into the match you are. Pay more attention.

They may not pop-up on screen but they are there.
  7. Esham

Esham New Member

This is why No juice buying is very common now. I can find 1/3 servers that have it turned off.

No OT is a bit harder to find though.

I find juice a bit wonky at times. I have seen matches where my team is stuck defending the entire time and should lose then 2 of our 6 defenders go buy juice and end the match with the easy win.
  8. Vogue

Vogue New Member

Counting robots and mascots was the vague idea I was talking about. It doesn't make a reasonable replacement to actually having a conventional clock, or warnings when the match is coming to a close.
  9. tinygod

tinygod New Member

PLEASE stop arguing PREPARING for overtime.

You cannot prepare for a juiced assassin or assault. Sure any other class you can grapple, while they eat hacked level 3 turret fire.

but Assassin can stand in places turrets cant hit, and shrukien the money ball, thanks to infinate range on the weapon. Or worse, Ive seen really good assassins bounce shrukiens in from areas that would make you laugh, if you saw it. And assaults can charge, hover, bomb, nade that thing from above the catwalk (standing on walls above catwalk) and theres NOTHING you can do to stop them if they are juiced. And their bomb hits it rediculuosly hard (2,000 dmg) even when not juiced.

OT would be fine, if they took out the rediculous catwalk above the money ball, so that assaults and assassins couldnt use it to rape the ball without taking out your turrets first..

As it is, right now, I sware to god, if i'm not playing assault.. and OT is less than 3 minutes away. I kill my self, switch to assault, buy bomb 3, fly 3, charge 3, and farm a bar of juice ..

Because its worth the money spent on class change, because of how much better he is in OT.

Oh and fix headcrabs so they stop dealing 2k dmg to moneyball, its not like you let sniper rifles deal headshot damage. Assault is powerufl enough without being the premier money ball killer.

Support shotgun wrecks shop, but he has to be standing in turrets to use it..
  10. Mail

Mail New Member

I'd just like to point out that assassin shurikens disappear after two seconds, whether ricochet'd or no. The range is not infinite.
  11. DeadStretch

I'm just going to leave it at this: Servers that stray from the default setting is just giving everyone a crutch to walk with.

Actually one last thing. You are not preparing "for a juiced assassin or assault" you are preparing for OT.

Oh yeah you ever stop to think that maybe the clocks and timers are the way Uber wants them to be and is a big factor in the pacing of the game? Maybe that's why there are plenty of visual representations of time.
  12. Myst

Myst New Member

Another indicator: Mickey says the line about which team "seem to be winning this game" 2-3 minutes before OT
  13. DeadStretch

14. tinygod

tinygod New Member

Ok 2 seconds

sorry

lets be honest here though, they can travel the map in 2 seconds.. sooo...
  15. Mail

Mail New Member

Depends on the map. Certainly not grenade 3. Anyway I was just clearing up a misconception.
  16. tinygod

tinygod New Member

Ok 2 seconds

sorry

lets be honest here though, they can travel the map in 2 seconds.. sooo...[/quote]
    Depends on the map. Certainly not grenade 3. Anyway I was just clearing up a misconception.[/quote]

agreed, you are correct I should have said, they can fire them from angels and places that turrets and grapples cannot stop them.

My point is the two OT classes "classes that decide OT the fastest" are Assault and Assassin.

Support ends it the fastest, but good luck against a compitent team, you are going to eat grapples slams and bombs till you either run out of juice or get ring outed trying to come in.
  17. Demigod At Play

Demigod At Play New Member

Okay wow, didn't realize this would spark such a huge discussion. I think a lot of people are missing my point though. Overtime is not a problem, and neither is juice (or juice buying). It's the two combined, really. Being able to have one or two players rush the base and finish the game 5 seconds after overtime starts is just not fun. They become almost literally unstoppable for their juice time and there's no fun in that. Even a team that's defended perfectly throughout a whole game will be useless to defend against a juiced tank that just charges into the base.

So THAT is my point.
  18. goathax

goathax New Member

The elephant in the room here is assault and assassin. They're central to every OT and juice complaint. When the shields drop before OT, if anyone juices and finishes out the match, it's assault or assassin again.

The problem isn't juice or OT. It's that assault and assassin have moneyball killing skills the other four classes can't even approach, let alone match.
  19. DeadStretch

During OT the Moneyball takes increased damage. Imo during OT the Moneyball should take the same amount of damage as during regulation time.
  20. tinygod

tinygod New Member

You're point is less to the truth than the arguments that araise from it however.

Buying juice is nothing, good players watch the clock, and simply save up a bar the last minute before OT. Even with juice buying disabled, I will have 100% of a juice bar ready when OT hits, 90% of the time. And as an assault I can deal about 75% of the moneyballs life in damage with that one juice bar, plus an extra bomb. And its only 4 bombs from there to finish it. Thats if my team didnt juice rush at all, which atleats one of them does.

I think they need to:

nerf Bomb damage, and shrukien damage against money ball. If they do that, the two most mobile class's wont also the be the most damaging in OT. Right now its a cloak sprinter and a flying charger who can also do the most damage.. Thats the problem.

EDIT: I'm aware that support hits it the hardest, but he also has to be within turret range to do so, and grapple range. he cant Line of site anything and use shotgun.

It makes turrets pointless in OT which I have a HUGE problem with.. since the base with the most turrets is usually the team that was doing the best, and yet they can still loose..

MAYBE this could fix it but its a huge change:

When OT hits, the cat walks drop into the floor, and there is NO ring around the money ball (no way to attack from above and out of turret range)

that could help limit your ability to LOS the turrets and still hit the money ball..