Galactic War is bad, it's making people feel bad, and it should make Uber feel bad.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by stuart98, August 16, 2015.

1. kayonsmit101

kayonsmit101 Active Member

Even a video tutorial would be good (not like that short one brad did in the beginning, that was of no help at all) I learned how to play by watching YouTube videos of people playing. Watching replays help me even if i have won the match as well.
    That being said I have no problem with the easiest AI being easier in GW, just for gods sake please don't make the most difficult AI any easier as i still find it to not be difficult enough.
  2. V4NT0M

V4NT0M Well-Known Member

What is it you are looking for in a tutorial? How to build units or use the UI or tactics?

As a long time TA & SC player it was really easy to get into because it was very similar, if you haven't played those games I'm not sure how difficult it is to get to grips with or where the problem might lie.

I had a bit more of a play on GW last night and quickly this morning and orbital tech and mass/energy storage dropped, should be useful.

The way I imagined GW working (and I know this isn't an easy thing to implement) is that you would conquer a star system and that system would then be able to interact with the rest of your systems. Sending units etc. See, GW was a stretch goal and it feels to me like they copped out on that.

N.B. Still glad I backed :)
  3. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

it´s all about understanding the ecnomy how to boost it and how to use the units over multiple spherical planets
  4. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Challenge is only an issue when people are playing the GW for an extended tutorial.

And short of turning GW into a 4x game (Don't), most of what the current GW needs is just polish, as it's very unlikely if not impossible to believe it will get a redesign at this point.
  5. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

Why not? That's really what GW needs
    ace63 likes this.
  6. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Yeah why not? The original GW during the Kickstarter was advertised just as that.
  7. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Because it destroys the point of the games lore.

If the ARM and CORE could simply ship army's between worlds, then the commander would have been pointless.

That is the whole foundation of the game, sending a commander to a world to build an army at the destination, no outside production.

But im already being out voted here, so there is no point in me continuing to post.
  8. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Yes I see your point, but the lore in this game is next to non-existant so you might aswell just bend it so it fits :)
  9. easybox

easybox Member

I love random challenge in GW and also the tough AI, but "normal" it tough enough for me. It uses all the weaponry and plays fair. Once support commander is unlocked, i can specialize my tactic. Great mode.