White lava, black terrain.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by burnttost, August 10, 2015.

1. burnttost

burnttost New Member

Whenever I load games, I see this: Capture.JPG
    My GPU drivers are up to date. Any idea on how I can fix this?
  2. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

To get everything in one place, please can you post a DXDiag report so we know your hardware, os and drivers.

Secondly have you *ever* used mods (even if you disabled them) as sometimes left over mods can cause issues. A quick way to check this is to add the command line option '--nomods' to prevent PA loading any mods from anywhere (this is either in the settings in the Uber launcher, or I think somewhere in the game properties in Steam).

Another thing that is worth checking is to verify your game files (in the Uber launcher just click 'Verify', again I think you need to go into properties in steam and verify the game cache although as I don't use steam for PA I'm not 100% on that). It could be that the files related to the lava shader are broken or missing.

Final thought is you could try performing a clean boot in case 3rd party software is interfering with PA somehow:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/929135

Hope that helps!
  3. burnttost

burnttost New Member

I downloaded my first mod for it yesterday, but that isn't the cause because it's been like this ever since I bought the game in January of 2015. I verified the game, still white lava and black terrain. Here is the DxDiag.

Attached Files:

4. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Quoting the post in my maps thread to be sure.

5. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, that's not up-to-date drivers. :)
    Try downloading the drivers directly from NVidia:
    http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/87783/en-us
    Alpha2546 and cdrkf like this.
  6. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Yeah 600 series cards are fully supported on latest nVidia driver which came out a couple of weeks ago for Windows 10. Don't download from Lenovo (manufacturers never keep the drivers page up to date once they ship a machine). Use the link DeathByDenim gave you and you should be fine :)
    DeathByDenim and Alpha2546 like this.
  7. burnttost

burnttost New Member

Thanks a ton guys! I can see it all now.
    mkrater, cdrkf, Nicb1 and 1 other person like this.