Alpha2546 maps: Hanfyren 26-07-2015 on PAMM too!

Discussion in 'Mapping and stuff' started by Alpha2546, December 14, 2014.

1. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Big update!

4 single planet maps and one system to play on! Bwooooooooooop. Putting it on PAMM now

Map: Watchtowers
    • Lobby setup: 10 player shared, unshared, FFA.
    • Size: 800 radius.
    • Symmetrical.
    • Description: a 10 player map with treeco around the poles and watchtowers where some crucial metal is waiting for you. Prepare to make pacts, getting backstabbed or rescued cause confrontations will happen on this map.
    7.jpg
    8.jpg
    Map: Moonbase 202
    • Lobby setup: 2 player shared, unshared, FFA.
    • Size: 275 radius.
    • Symmetrical.
    • Description: a 1v1 map but it can also be played as a 2v2. A big trenche seperates your and your foe. Pelters and drops will do good for putting extra pressure on the enemy.
    6.jpg

5.jpg
    Map: Mangrove
    • Lobby setup: 2 player shared, unshared, FFA.
    • Size: 400 radius.
    • Symmetrical.
    • Description: reminds me in some way of the temple map. Same radius same biome. I'd say its a mix between temple and hydrogenix. Contains some naval.
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    Map: Abstract
    • Lobby setup: 6 player shared, unshared, FFA.
    • Size: 650 radius.
    • Symmetrical.
    • Description: A big desert planet with a south vs north style of play. You better have some good team mates or you'll die. Don't forget the treeco too
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    System: System F405
    • Lobby setup: 10 player shared.
    • Amount of planets: 5 -> desert earth type, 3 moons and 1 gas giant,
    • 3 planets are smashable
    • Symmetrical.
    • Description: The abstract system and 2 202 moonbase into one system add another 400 radius sized moon and a gas giant and you've got yourself a lethal mix of death. Enjoy!
    dom314 and xankar like this.
  2. andreasgg

andreasgg Well-Known Member

Just a shoutout Alfa:D

Just have to say I comleately love your maps<3 especially carnosa and Zetox, but others to. I have played them several times, and just have to say that I like how you and your team designes the planets to challange different tactics and skills that other maps wouldn't. I also like how you create different lanes between the bases to fight on. On the Zetox planet for instence where there is three land lanes, and two in the water. It is perfect for a 5v5!
    So you just keep on dooing what you do. I hope to see more from your maps in the future;) Is there one thing this game don't have (exept from players) it is a lot off good and fun maps.
  3. Alpha2546

Hey thank you for the post! I really enjoyed reading it. Making maps is a **** ton of work though it was really needed in my opinion. I wanted to have a couple of maps and some good maps increase gameplay a LOT. So I tried making maps which I think uber would make too if they had the time. The mappack has a nice amount of maps and a nice variation between em too. I would love to see more nice maps from other players too though! I get bored quite easily with maps hehe.

Though I'm getting a feeling that I'm hitting the boarderline with my map making. I've mixed a lot of CSG brushes together and have a lot of interesting stuff. I just wished I could do more with terrain elevation and all. That definately give it another dimension in map making.

I have an idea for a naval map with all kinds of small islands and a 10 player FFA map with the same spawning system as ice madness. Those are a lot of work to make though.

Btw you should try elijahs path unshared. That map has some golden gameplay with the right teams.

Thanks for the post. Its always nice to hear that someone enjoys my work.
  4. lordathon

lordathon Active Member

Just want to say: nice work! ! I have play with the others NW guys on Alaska and Mangrove and that was two really fun games!!Alaska si maybe the most tactique with the cross spawn :)

I think we will do more games to test your others planets.
    Alpha2546 likes this.
  5. Alpha2546

System designer is being pretty nice on my new computer so I was able to create two new maps and 2 systems. Besides that I also gave Mangrove an unshared version. Works like a charm

Map: Voidrax
    • Size: 500 radius.
    • Symmetrical.
    • Description: A desert planet with all kinds of csging which makes it possible that spawning isn't an issue. Easy setup and fun games. promise
    3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Map: Pandaplanet

• Size: 500 radius.
    • Symmetrical.
    • Description: A strong map for panda's. The spawning makes it so that you will get sandwiched or that you team up. Some plateaus are buildable.
    1.jpg

2.jpg
    System: F301

• Lobby setup: 10 player shared or unshared.
    • Amount of planets: 5 -> Ice type and tropical type, 2 moons and 1 gas giant,
    • 2 planets are smashable
    • Symmetrical.
    • Description: The alaska system the 2v2 temple map and 1 202 moonbase into one system and a gas giant for some space cowboy.
    System: F808L
    • Lobby setup: 10 player shared or unshared.
    • Amount of planets: 6 -> 2 desert type planets, 2 moons, 1 gas giant and a metal planet,
    • 2 planets are smashable
    • Symmetrical.
    • Description: Interesting system with 2 smashable planets and a laser in the combo too. No stalemates in this system. Contains the voidrax and pandaplanet system.
    Enjoy!
    dom314 and tunsel11 like this.
  6. doud

doud Well-Known Member

@Alpha2546 You're just doing an amazing work. Thank you so much for all the time spent on designing these maps ;)
    Corgiarmy, cdrkf and Alpha2546 like this.
  7. Alpha2546

Thanks! Good to hear that you're enjoying them.

I've got an update with four brand new maps with the same setup like the Reef (since that one is pretty popular in tourneys). That means that 1v1 2v2 or 3v3 shared is possible. I've been trying to be careful with metal placement and I think these maps have the right amount.

Map: Omega
    • Lobby setup: 2v2 shared armies or 1v1.
    • Size: 400radius.
    • Symmetrical.
    • Description: A small sized icy planet. Can you have control over both water and land? Contains some naval. o1.jpg o2.jpg

Map: Tectonic
    • Size: 500radius.
    • Symmetrical.
    • Description: A medium sized planet with a secret research facility in the mountains. t1.jpg t2.jpg
    Map: Progenitors Lair
    • Size: 500radius.
    • Symmetrical.
    • Description: A medium sized planet where the progenitor commander is waiting for you. l1.jpg l2.jpg
    Map: Hanfyren
    • Size: 450radius.
    • Symmetrical.
    • Description: A small/medium sized planet with some plateaus, tiny lakes and open battlegrounds. h1.jpg h2.jpg
    My favorite is Hanfyren. Played some really cool games on it today! I'd still like to have feedback on Progenitors Lair. I'm still having doubts about metal placement. In my opinion if you start out bad (like not getting the right expansions) then it'll get really hard to come back. So if you have some feedback about it then please post it :) .
    andreasgg, doud and Corgiarmy like this.
  8. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Wow !!!!! Even more amazing !!!! Thank you si much !!!!
    andreasgg likes this.
  9. burnttost

burnttost New Member

When I load the maps, all the buidlings and stuff are pitch black. How do I make it look like the pictures? :p
  10. Alpha2546

Is this only with my maps or also with the original uber maps (forge for instance). If so then I think tunsel is right and you should update your GPU driver. It should work by just installing the map pack.
  11. burnttost

burnttost New Member

I guess I gotta update
    Last edited: August 10, 2015
  12. Alpha2546

I'll check it out haven't checked the maps this patch yet. I'll get back to you
  13. burnttost

burnttost New Member

I tried updating my drivers, it said they were up to date, but this is what I see. Capture.JPG
    The white is supposed to be lava, black is supposed to be mountains and volcanos.
  14. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Those metal spots look non-standard. You've disabled all mods, right?
    tunsel11 and mkrater like this.
  15. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

This is how the game looks for me. You get use to it. :p
  16. Alpha2546

I see that that is one of ubers maps so it also happens with normal maps? If so few things you can do.

(are you using steam?)
    check the integrity of the cache files of pa in steam.
    Run pa with the --nomods tag . ( you can put that in the startoptions configuration)

Also I remember that @nicb1 had a texture problem similiar to yours except yours is way way worse. I thought it had something to do with a program that runs an overlay on pa.

I can't find the list of conflicting programs at the moment but i'm sure @DeathByDenim or @SXX will know where to find that.

I'll tag you along in it. Might be helpful.
  17. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Yeah we came to the conclusion that generally any program that applies an overlay to PA tends to cause issues. In my case it was a program by the name of Raptr or AMD gaming evolved. Double check that nothing is attempting to apply an overlay to pa.

Back when I had that program installed it was causing me a hell of a lot of texture related issues in PA.

EDIT:
    Didn't notice that you've fixed the issue.
    Last edited: August 11, 2015
    stuart98, Alpha2546 and cdrkf like this.
  18. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

Hey Alpha, first off keep them comming love the maps. Second i have question. is it possible to scale CSG only vertically/horizontally or is it only possible to scale them globally? (Uber should really make the hotkeys clearer)
  19. Alpha2546

If you want to scale em in both ways ( simply make em bigger) then keyboard button A is your best friend. Its set as Scale CSG up in the keyboard settings.
  20. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

Yes that one I figured out :) I just wonder if it is possible to only scale them vertically or horizontally. In other words stretching the mesh.
  21. Alpha2546

And thats possible too but you need to set up the hotkey for that cause the standard ones don't work I think (could be a bug but I can't remember)? Anyways go to keyboard settings -> terrain editor tab ->

• Scale CSG vertically up -> I've put that one on numpad number 8
    • Scale CSG vertically down -> I've put that one on numpad number 5
    • Scale CSG horizontally up -> I've put that one on numpad number 4
    • Scale CSG horizontally down -> I've put that one on numpad number 6
    Speeding up the stretching won't work when holding shift. You can however just hold down the button and it'll keep stretching.

Also maybe another thing to mention is that Metal CSG's also transform to the spherical planet. So on the poles you'll get really weird stretching (you'll see ingame but I thought I'd mention it).
    rivii likes this.