Invoice for physical reward customs purposes

Discussion in 'Support!' started by harrierx, July 1, 2015.

1. harrierx

harrierx Member

Hi,

I just got a letter from the post office (in Germany) that informs me that they couldn't deliver the package with the physical rewards because the package didn't have the invoice attached on the outside as required for the customs process. Now I'm supposed to bring the invoice or payment receipt when I collect the package.

Does the package maybe contain such an invoice or payment receipt on the inside, or if not, could you maybe send me one by email? Ideally, the receipt would be for the physical items and shipping costs only (or it could itemize those separately), not for the full Kickstarter amount.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited: July 1, 2015
  2. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

There is an invoice inside the package and a note posted outside that describes the value of the contents inside.

Please email support@uberent.com and we can take a look for ya.
  3. harrierx

harrierx Member

I just emailed that address. Thanks for the quick answer, mkrater!
    mkrater likes this.
  4. harrierx

harrierx Member

I just picked up the package from the customs office. In the end I could convince the officer that the value of the contents were only the stated 85$, though the lack of an itemized invoice with prices didn't help. Just printing the items and prices on the address sticker doesn't seem to be sufficient. So, if Uber ever attempts another Kickstarter with physical rewards, it would be nice if packages to the EU had an itemized invoice with individual dollar amounts attached on the outside of the box in a transparent plastic envelope.

Apart from this small customs issue, I'm very happy with the contents of the box, particularly the signed poster! I'd like to thank again everyone involved at Uber for their hard work on the game (and the marathon rewards signing session), it's very much appreciated!
    jables, mkrater and cdrkf like this.
  5. bbuttler

bbuttler New Member

Sooooo i was at our customs service today....

Not only that the declaration on the package was not sufficient my customs officer told me that:

1. The Miniature could be Toys therefore they need an Extra declaration.
    2. Supposingly the USB Device is Misssing the CE Certificate neccessary to be imported into the EU ( Germany)

They are going to check that an call me when they ahve an answer.

If its true that some ingridients are not allowed to be imported, what can i do ?
  6. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

@mkrater was dealing with a similar problem for another backer, I'm sure she'll be able to give you the details required.
  7. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Thank you for letting us know.
    1.) The miniatures are not "toys" and are intended for ages 14+ as a collectible. We will make sure the HTS code is clearly displayed on the invoice to prevent the mislabeling.
    2.) We have the certificate for the USB drives available and will be sending this with the invoice as well.
    bbuttler, Remy561 and cdrkf like this.
  8. bbuttler

bbuttler New Member

Thank you very much for the quick Response,
    I Mailed the Documents to our Customs Service, and now we wait....
  9. bbuttler

bbuttler New Member

I got an Answer From the Customs Office.

The Package will be sent Back to you.
    Reason: A CE Mark on USB Stick and Miniature is mandatory... the complete List of why they deny to let the Package in was sent to support@uber....

They even told me that paying 130$ and just put a bill of about 60 $ for customs could be seen as tax fraud.

EDIT:
    I'va asked why the invoice with 60$ isn't correct, i was told that for the customs calculation the Total Amount which was paid to get the Items has to be taken in to taxation.

But as far as i understood his Mail, if i had a bill stating that i paid 130$ but then lists that for example 50$ were a voluntary donation and 80$ were items and shipping costs.
    Then they would only take 80$ in Account.

I think the customs officer had the best day of his live.

At this moment i really don't know how to solve this.

My mind just detonated... @Uber if anyone of you is coming to Europe during the next 3 Years just bring the Box with you. I offer you an original "Ruhrpott Gaspacho" meaning
    sausage with curry sauce and fries... and a nice day in the "World Culture Captial 2010"
    Last edited: July 31, 2015
  10. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

o_O
    It sounds like they're unaware of how to deal with this. Thank you for letting us know. We'll figure it out when the package is returned and work to get the items to you.
    cdrkf likes this.
  11. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

It sounds like he ran into a rather 'picky' customs officer (the only polite word I could think of for it)... I mean @cola_colin is in Germany and received all his stuff cause he posted an 'opening of' video :p

It sounds like this customs guy is on a bit of a personal crusade...
  12. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Well I had to visit them twice as well, they really ABSOLUTELY wanted an "invoice". A piece of paper that apparently never lies. Unlike the packaging info that basically stated the very same info.
    They btw looked a little funny when the invoice stated "2012" as year.
    Though I dont have the USB stick, so can't comment on that. The plastic figures were no big deal, they didn't say anything about those at all. They just cared for an invoice.
    cdrkf likes this.
  13. bbuttler

bbuttler New Member

Yeah... i personally think its just the one guy who doesn't want do let the package in ( seem's he is jelly because the figures and stuff looks that cool )

If everything fails, i would ask a friend of mine to receive the package for me (living in switzerland) there you don't need a CE Mark or anything else... But its a diffcult question because he would have to pay the Taxes and stuff...
    So this is just my really really last option

And again:
    Thank you Uber Support Team for the really fast answers and your work in general!
    dom314 likes this.
  14. Telvi

Telvi Member

Depends the shipping how early you bought the game? Or do you ship all the good for one country together?
  15. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

The Fulfillment center has been shipping packages based on like-items to make the packing/shipping process as efficient as they can. This is why you may find two people in the same house that both pledged $100, but one added the Awesome shirt while another had the Progenitor shirt and the one with the Awesome shirt arrived first.
    Once all the like-itemed rewards are packaged and shipped, another group of like-items are packaged and shipped.
    cdrkf likes this.
  16. Telvi

Telvi Member

ok many thanks
  17. bbuttler

bbuttler New Member

sooo.... now its nearly a year ago, i hope the packages has been returned, i emailed support today asking for an update... So just refreshing this thread to let you know i still wait...