Orbital Units on Air Layer?

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by daxnitro, July 26, 2015.

1. daxnitro

daxnitro New Member

For awhile now, I have been trying to figure out why my orbital units that come out of the avatar factory stay on the air layer. Once they come out, they do not float up like they used to. The orbital units can get destroyed by fighters and AA and still work, but just are in the wrong place. Comm Yard, a mod that had an avatar factory also, has the same problem and is not being updated it looks like. Anyone know how to fix this? I will be glad to share some of my mod if someone needs to look at it.
  2. startege1

startege1 Active Member

hi,
    I've tried this: The only problem is that the factory is floating from the top down. once the untien is rising units upwards.

example bot factory

Code:
    {"base_spec":"/pa/units/land/base_structure/base_structure.json","base_spec":"/pa/units/orbital/base_orbital_structure/base_orbital_structure.json","display_name":"!LOC(units:bot_factory.message):Bot Factory","description":"!LOC(units:basic_manufacturing_builds_bots.message):Basic manufacturing- Builds bots.","max_health":6000,"build_metal_cost":600,"atrophy_rate":10.0,"atrophy_cool_down":15.0,"buildable_types":"Bot & Mobile & Basic & FactoryBuild","enable_orbital_shell":true,"physics":{"radius":20,"push_class":15,"collision_layers":"WL_Orbital","ignore_gravity":true},"rolloff_dirs":[[0,1,0],[0,-1,0]],"wait_to_rolloff_time":0,"factory_cooldown_time":3,"enable_orbital_shell":true,"physics":{"radius":20,"push_class":15,"collision_layers":"WL_Orbital","ignore_gravity":true},"unit_types":["UNITTYPE_Factory","UNITTYPE_Construction","UNITTYPE_Land","UNITTYPE_Bot","UNITTYPE_Structure","UNITTYPE_Basic","UNITTYPE_CmdBuild","UNITTYPE_FabBuild","UNITTYPE_FabAdvBuild","UNITTYPE_Important"],"command_caps":["ORDER_Move","ORDER_Patrol","ORDER_FactoryBuild","ORDER_Reclaim","ORDER_Repair","ORDER_Attack","ORDER_Assist","ORDER_Use"],"recon":{"observer":{"items":[{"layer":"surface_and_air","channel":"sight","shape":"capsule","radius":110},{"layer":"underwater","channel":"sight","shape":"capsule","radius":110}]}},"model":{"filename":"/pa/units/land/bot_factory/bot_factory.papa","animations":{"idle":"/pa/units/land/bot_factory/bot_factory_anim_build.papa","build_start":"/pa/units/land/bot_factory/bot_factory_anim_start.papa","build_loop":"/pa/units/land/bot_factory/bot_factory_anim_build.papa","build_end":"/pa/units/land/bot_factory/bot_factory_anim_end.papa"},"animtree":"/pa/anim/anim_trees/factory_anim_tree.json","skirt_decal":"/pa/effects/specs/skirt_bot.json"},"tools":[{"spec_id":"/pa/units/land/bot_factory/bot_factory_build_arm.json","aim_bone":"bone_root"}],"events":{"died":{"effect_scale":1.0}},"audio":{"loops":{"build":{"cue":"/SE/Construction/Factory_contruction_loop_bot","flag":"build_target_changed","should_start_func":"has_build_target","should_stop_func":"no_build_target"}}},"fx_offsets":[{"type":"build","filename":"/pa/effects/specs/fab_spray.pfx","bone":"socket_muzzle01","offset":[0,0,0],"orientation":[0,0,0]},{"type":"build","filename":"/pa/effects/specs/fab_spray.pfx","bone":"socket_muzzle02","offset":[0,0,0],"orientation":[0,0,0]}],"death":{"decals":["/pa/effects/specs/scorch_c_01.json"]},"headlights":[{"gobo":"/pa/effects/textures/gobo/spotlight_gobo.papa","offset":[-8.1,0.0,10.58],"orientation":[45.0,0.0,0.0],"near_width":12.0,"near_height":12.0,"near_distance":5.0,"far_distance":20.0,"color":[1.5,1.52,1.6],"intensity":2.0,"debug":false}],"lamps":[{"offset":[-8.1,0.0,10.0],"radius":4.0,"color":[1.0,1.0,1.0],"intensity":2.0},{"offset":[-8.1,0.0,11.4],"radius":4.0,"color":[1.0,1.0,1.0],"intensity":2.0},{"offset":[12.63,0.0,9.15],"radius":8.0,"color":[0.1,1.0,0.1],"intensity":2.0},{"offset":[-15.47,0.0,9.94],"radius":4.0,"color":[1.0,0.0,0.0],"intensity":2.0}],"mesh_bounds":[29.5,30.5,15.2],"placement_size":[100,100],"area_build_separation":2,"TEMP_texelinfo":38.3936,"physics":{"collision_layers":"WL_AnyHorizontalGroundOrWaterSurface"}}
  3. daxnitro

daxnitro New Member

I am not sure I understand. How could the factory be floating from the top down? I looked at your example and I don't understand what is special about it besides this:
    "enable_orbital_shell": true,
    And I have this parameter in my .json for the factory but orbital units do not float up.

Oh, and also, would the parameter 'NoBuild' for build-able types be an issue?:
    "buildable_types": "Mobile - NoBuild",
    Last edited: July 26, 2015
  4. startege1

startege1 Active Member

You have to try around. once the factory is down the flying units from bottom to top. point, compare the offered factory with the orbital factory. and better to the of what is missing. I had little time yesterday. therefore it did not work 100%.

could I have your file times where you set it?
  5. daxnitro

daxnitro New Member

We figured that the problem may be the orbital deploy and that the avatar factory does not have a deploy for orbital units, so they just sit on the air layer. Problem is, that I don't know how to make it so only the orbital units coming out of the factory go to the orbital layer and not the land or sea or air units. Anyone have any answers or an idea?
    Last edited: August 1, 2015