PTE build 85104-pte is now live!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, July 16, 2015.

1. pinbender

pinbender Active Member

That means it is failing on the server. I suspect that order requires an orientation. I'll check on it in the morning. (On my way home right now.)
    stuart98 and cola_colin like this.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Ah so at 2:30 AM my time your workday ends. :) Have a nice evening then. I'll try to set an orientation.

EDIT:

A bug that I just noticed, probably not new with this PTE. With PA Chat I suggested a fix for the autoscroll handler here: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-pa-chat.67603/ down in the post in the spoiler.
    It was put into the common.js and fixed autoscroll behavior in a nice way. It seems that fixed was not kept in the boot_suffix file that is now used, so it is lost and the bug is there again.
    Copy the fix in again? :)
    Last edited: July 21, 2015
    stuart98 likes this.
  3. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Yay, internets.

- Asteroids no longer have craters; I'm guessing this an optimization to reduce csg build time (unless it was the 'low spots' they were talking about)
    - New attribute planet_effect_spec (sun)
    - Player guide html internally reformatted - updates brewing?
    - Anybody mucking with mouse handlers on holodecks will need to account for scaled ui.

Interesting stuff in order API - build vs. factory_build, attack vs. attack_ground, and link_teleporters. Some minor tele management might be possible now, although critical information on linking is limited to an energy status saying if it's linked to anything at all.
    Remy561 likes this.
  4. cola_colin

Oh I see it seems to be not possible to set on via the command API. Guess I'll wait for your inspection @pinbender
    :)
  5. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

FINALLLY YEESSSS
    ace63, Remy561 and tesseracta like this.
  6. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Dear God, no. You can do it, but it's a really nasty hack that will stop various unit additions working with one another, will ensure every patch becomes a major drama instead of a non-event, and is generally just adding a load of ways for everything to break that don't need to exist.

You really need a tag that designates the vanilla faction, and for that tag to be required in all vanilla buildable_types, for long-term sustainable faction additions to happen.
    ace63, proeleert, Ksgrip and 2 others like this.
  7. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

That's the problem I had too.

So much work to make something really small happen.
  8. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

I love the planet smash effect. Its really good. The only thing I think that is wrong to have in the explosion is the blue glittery particle when the planet explodes.

A bug with the planet smash effect is that the sound doesn't correspond with the planet exploding. The planet turning into a while ball should be shorter or the sound should be delayed by a couple of seconds.

There is also a bug with the pelter. If the commander is in range of the pelter then I most of the time manually target the commander with the Pelter. However as soon as it gets out of the pelters range the pelter will go into idle mode (it wants to shoot the commander but it can't and thus it ignored other units that do are in range). Same goes for Holkins I think but haven't tested that.

Metal extractor placement bug is still ingame. This one is very annoying when playing teamgames with someone who cued up mexes around the whole planet.

The glow on the sun adds so much to the atmosphere and is a brilliant idea to put in! I've overlayed a couple and put in some different rotations on the particles and now you get these moving sunny lightrays. Its a minor extra polish thingy but it adds that extra polish to that sunglow. I'll add it to this post in case you want to use it.

I also love the asteroid belt. It also adds a lot to the atmosphere and makes PA space more interesting to look at from time to time. Good stuff!

Attached Files:

• sun.zip
      File size:
      551 bytes
      Views:
  9. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Make it a mod pl0x :p
    ace63 and cola_colin like this.
  10. tracert

tracert Member

That is annoying. You want to order fabbers to build metal extractors but they don't because some other fabber/s is queued to build there but hasn't started yet. It should be first there, first to build.
    sgrock and ace63 like this.
  11. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Would a single mechanically produced mod that added " - Custom1 - Custom2 - Custom3 - Custom4" work? It may exclude mods adding only a few units, but really only needs to be used with faction mods.
  12. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

I will in case they decide to not implement it or something like it in the live build. :)

Exactly. I know its because something in the UI screws the placement up.
  13. ecervele

ecervele Member

I have just launched a game with the pte and something bothers me, why can't you nuke haley on asteroids even when they move??? It should leave them go in straight line... And crash on the first planet it encounter... And if it goes too far (at the limit of the system, then it desappears...

And why does those tiny asteroids blow up planets??? Doing a lot of damage even wipe out at least everything on the half of a planet but this... It's absurd... Even if the animation rocks.

Leave the craters alone!!!
    [​IMG]

When one of the planet is less half of the size of the target, I think it should modify the topography of the planet like there were fusing with lava and stuff, changing it in a lava planet when an asteroid belt... If the target is tinier than the projectile, do like the asteroids, it will be fun and a bit random.

In the other cases:
    [​IMG]
    And make fragments of the planet stay.
    lafncow, Remy561, cdrkf and 4 others like this.
  14. BobChaos

BobChaos New Member

Random thought: Orbital fabbers given the ability to reclaim dead planets so you have some small chance at recovery after getting smashed. Or absolute supremacy to your opponent if he gets there first o_O
    Remy561 likes this.
  15. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

The planet debris should contain some commander body parts and some other random units and parts :D
    cdrkf and Ksgrip like this.
  16. pinbender

pinbender Active Member

Ok, I figured out what was up with the build command. (It was a bug in the native layer related to improper handling of the unit list. Sorry about that.) A fix for that, and a re-application of the autoscroll fix should be in an upcoming build.

Also, I slipped in a build placement test API in WorldView. It does approximately the same thing as the build preview does in the holodeck. If I understand what you're doing properly, that should probably be enough to avoid the false holodecks.
    wondible, cola_colin and cdrkf like this.
  17. cola_colin

That sounds really great.

can that build placement API do bulk queries? I might want to query it A LOT xD Either way a great great thing!
    Last edited: July 21, 2015
  18. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I would do that with the asteroid belt but there's no wreckage models immediately available in the files.
  19. doomrater

doomrater Active Member

Okay so still getting 3-4 second freezes where even my cursor does not move and I'm forced to sit there and wait until I can input commands again. I kinda already run at the low end of PA's spectrum as far as CPU is concerned but I've never had command freezing like what Marshal felt when he first tried out the Asteroid PTE. On the flip side I can still beat down absurd computers with the simple tactic of build navies. Land armies just don't compare to the assault of a naval force.
  20. nateious

nateious Active Member

What if destroyed planets spawned new asteroid belts? With an option to make them visual only, or contain useable asteroids.