Just how quick is quickscoping?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Decker87, February 20, 2011.

1. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

There needs to be time added between zooming in getting the massive damage/100% accuracy.

Maybe unfocused zoom with less then 100% accuracy for 1-2secs while he sights in his target. Or add breathing/movement to the scope. Add gravity. Any number of fixes for the godly quick scope.
  2. Rammite

Rammite New Member

It should be like Team Fortress 2, where the first 0.2 seconds of scoping in don't count as scoped in, to prevent instant quickscoping.
  3. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Oppose that idea, since it also mingles with bot-killing.
  4. Decker87

Decker87 New Member

It's programmed in at 100% accurate. That is, the bullet goes where your crosshairs are. This is by design.
  5. Raconteur02

Raconteur02 New Member

Stop pretending like any change to sniper balance couldn't be counter-balanced with a bot-only buff so as to not affect their overall ability at bot-killing. You cannot possibly be so detached from reality as to believe this is not the case.

Even from the point of view of your wanting to defend snipers no matter what, you shouldn't say things like that because it makes it patently obvious that you are arguing in bad faith for personal gain. You have to be more subtle than that.

"I need quickscoping to clear bot lanes". I mean, LOLOL.
  6. grimbar

grimbar New Member

As laid out earlier it's about speed (I hope you know that word) not about damage, but hey feel free to believe what you want to (I guess that freedom of religion)
  7. Esham

Esham New Member

really?

So removing the headshot damage from quickscoping is a welcome change?
  8. grimbar

grimbar New Member

We were on the topic of bots that very moment, your futile troll attempts don't work here. Start playing Sniper before you mock it again
  9. Esham

Esham New Member

Ahh ok. I knew before you want quickscoping the way it is since its imbalancing and all.

I only see snipers wanting it. And the only reason to not remove it is because it ruined tf2 competitive play for the sniper.

And playing sniper bores me. Quickscope headshots are silly and should be removed for a game with such horrid hitboxes and the simple nature of landing headshots.
  10. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

grimbar mentioned this at the beginning of the thread, but didn't go into details. I didn't bother testing it until just now.

with an AHK (AutoHotkey) macro for quickscoping, it's so fast that I don't ever see it zooming in, at all. Full accuracy and damage.
  11. grimbar

grimbar New Member

For the sake of this discussion I'd like to state that I don't use AHK.
  12. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

How is he trolling? Do you know what trolling is, or did somebody on SPUF teach you that word?
  13. eternal

eternal New Member

While that is mighty fine of you, it is still possible to be done. It is precisely the reason why Valve went ahead and normalized the pistol's firing rate in TF2, scripts gave an advantage to a select number of players simply through a mechanical difference rather than actual skill differences.
  14. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

yep..

possible solutions here would be:

1. Put a delay between when you zoom and when you can fire.
    2. Copy what people are already able to do with macros and a piece of tape. Make the unzoomed rifle perfectly accurate and deal full damage, and give its crosshair a center dot.
  15. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Then you'll set AHK to factor the delay in, a delay doesn't fix a thing.
  16. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Depends on how long the delay is.. if it's something like half a second, a script won't make it any easier, and would probably be awkward to use
  17. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I did the same thing a while back (before this thread was created) and showed the resulting clips to the developers. It's being looked at.
    That is a problem unfortunately and not easy to fix. Scathis will have to find the sweet spot where quickscoping spray and pray becomes less viable than the normal regular use of the scope at medium distance.
  18. grimbar

grimbar New Member

True but half a second would also be the death of sniping for anyone half-decent - as stated elsewhere (topic is done, not trying to stir it up again).
  19. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

That just shows how broken the sniper balance is imo. There might only be a hand full of snipers who can do that now but the number is growing. It will pretty much ruin the game for every other class.
    When I can't tell the aimbotters from the good snipers unless I have extensive video footage something is wrong imo.
  20. Esham

Esham New Member

I won't be surprised if its hosed badly. This game is pretty casual tbh and a nerf to something that a majority of the players don't even know exists won't hurt.