Jig chain reaction?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Planktum, June 30, 2015.

1. Geers

Geers Post Master General

I just realized how silly "jig" sounds.
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  2. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Omg, Thx for the laugh during my early morning here... :)

But seriously, I think @KillerKiwiJuice already answered your questions and I think it is correct.
    If you build the small square of 9 Jigs, there will be a chain reaction. If you drag the build command out further it will change the arrangement of Jigs, they will have a greater distance to each other. That is the way to go to avoid a chain reaction.
  3. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

No, but I'm not asking any stupid questions either.
  4. perfectdark

Not sure if the post calling me a typical pom was deleted, but bravo sir, I enjoyed reading it and even clicked 'like'.
  5. perfectdark

It has everything to do with being lazy.
    ViolentMind likes this.
  6. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Alright guys.... no need for name calling. @Planktum, I understand why you'd like Dev confirmation. With Sandbox mode enabled in the game, it's very easy to test and no, it no longer causes the chain reaction it used to. It was resolved by making area placement further apart.
  7. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

Thank you for confirming this. It is very much appreciated because now I know what the current behavior is, and I also know that this behavior is unlikely to change in future (because you would have said something otherwise). I'm assuming chain reactions only occur if you manually place Jigs closer together. I can now uninstall the Better Jigs mod.

Thank you Sir.

P.s. In some ways I am sad that my question has finally been answered. Things were only just starting to get interesting ;)
  8. Planktum

According to mkrater, KillerKiwiJuice is wrong but thanks for confusing the matter further :)
  9. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

I just came here to say I never heard of the "pom" insult.. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pom, but even then I'd be like "ok.., what else do ya got?" :) Happy Friday all. I do try and learn something new everyday.. mission accomplished!! :p
    killerkiwijuice and Planktum like this.
  10. Planktum

@EdWood has tested this for me and he has confirmed that @KillerKiwiJuice is in fact correct. There are two area commands and one causes a chain reaction and the other does not.

@mkrater Could you please confirm this is the intended behaviour because from what you said above, it sounds like the chain reaction from area build spacing should have been removed completely. And I quote:
    "and no, it no longer causes the chain reaction it used to. It was resolved by making area placement further apart."

I would prefer a single area build command which does not cause chain reactions. It seems counter intuitive that we have to do the planet wide area build command in order to get the wider spacing.
    Last edited: July 3, 2015
  11. MadGreyOne

MadGreyOne Member

I actually like the two stage area build for this. It lets you choose, do I want a tight cluster for quicker building (less transit for fabbers) and greater eco per surface area, or do I want to space these out to be safe from chain reactions?
  12. Planktum

Let's compromise then. The initial 3x3 area build is a tight cluster, but if you drag out any further then it becomes the more spaced out area build. Currently you need to area build over a really large area in order to get the wider spacing.
  13. perfectdark

I'm not sure you understand how to play the game to a competitive level.
  14. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

* Ma'am
    MrTBSC likes this.
  15. Planktum

LOL. Challenge accepted. However I only play team armies, so gather up your team mates and let's go!
  16. Planktum

I did some testing of my own and the Better Jigs mod is still relevant.

The Better Jigs mod spaces out the "smaller area build" command so that it doesn't cause chain reactions.

We got there in the end, just had to deal with a few drama queens along the way... :)
    stuart98 likes this.
  17. Planktum

Ok, Thank you Sir Ma'am
    stuart98 likes this.
  18. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

Which version did you test?
    I tried it on the current PTE and wasn't able to trigger a chain reaction on the small area build.
  19. Planktum

We tested it on the current release build. WITHOUT the Better Jigs mod installed, the small area build created a chain reaction and WITH the Better Jigs mod installed the small area build is more spaced out so no chain reaction.