You've Gotta Be Shipping Me!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mkrater, June 13, 2015.

1. narbays

narbays New Member

I'm in southern California, I pledged in the first week of the campaign if I remember correctly. I still haven't received my shirts, nor have I received any sort of tracking number with UPS/FEDEX etc.

Needless to say, I'm not happy with a lot of things with PA. Everything from the lack of a tracking number/delivery date, all the way to the state of the game. The quote at the top of this thread states PA is the 44th most funded video game project or something along those lines... Doesn't feel like it to me, feels like a botched job if I ever saw one. I want the shirt delivered sooner then later so I can donate it to my local homeless shelter and forget about this whole ordeal.

Keep the donation I made years ago as a parting gift, all the fond childhood memories I had from playing Total Annihilation were utterly ruined thanks to the bitter aftertaste PA has left in it's place.
  2. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

You see this attitude I don't understand. I'm a TA player and a Kickstarter backer and Uber produced the game they pitched, in reality in a fairly short space of time (AAA games take circa 5 years to make when your dealing with new IP, which this is). Also the funding received for PA was considerably less than the funds to make (less complicated) games in the same genre (Sup Com took well in excess of $10,000,000 for example) to the point Chris Taylor (original lead on TA and SupCom) didn't think Uber could do it on the money they raised.

So it's taken them a while to ship out the kickstarter goodies, so what? If getting some merch was the reason your backed the game then frankly you have *no place* supporting projects on Kickstarter. You pledge to give a company a shot at doing something they couldn't otherwise afford to make, and *all* you can really ask of a company that you support on Kickstarter is that they *use the money they've been given for the project*. You have NO guarantees that it will even get the product, or to the quality of it. That said imo Uber did a good job with PA, considerably better than many other projects I have backed.
  3. fuzzels

fuzzels Member

Look what the mail man just brought in:

DSC_9328.JPG DSC_9332.JPG DSC_9334.JPG DSC_9333.JPG DSC_9336.JPG DSC_9338.JPG DSC_9334.JPG DSC_9345.JPG

oh, that arrived in Switzerland with international mail (which meant 26 CHF of taxes.... but oh well) thus I expect everybody to have speedy deliveries like this ;)
    pizwitch, proeleert, FSN1977 and 6 others like this.
  4. tenaciousc

tenaciousc Active Member

5. Yazilliclick

Yazilliclick Member

I just got my stuff the other day here in Canada. Is it normal that the game box is just paper sleeve and not a cardboard/solid box? Can't say I'm not disappointed with that, pretty poor quality and mine comes damaged because it's so flimsy it couldn't survive being shipped with ripping/bending at the corners. Definitely expected more from what was supposed to be a "Special commemorative limited edition full size game box" for $100 and all it included was game disc in a paper sleeve and the miniatures.

The miniatures themselves at least were pretty decent quality.
  6. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

If I were you I'd contact support right away because that doesn't sound correct. At the very least I'm sure they'll replace the damaged items.
  7. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

usb drive was hard to pull out of the commander, so neatly hidden in his head. :confused::cool:
    or I should say stuck in his head.
    Last edited: June 24, 2015
    mkrater likes this.
  8. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

It in fact, like Ben's pictures, should be a cardboard box with a paper sleeve around the disc itself.

If the box was opened, that almost definitely couldn't be from any number of drops. It had to be an unpacking and repacking, possibly by customs as retarded as that sounds going US-Canada. They didn't even have the courtesy to cut the tape at the perforations to open it. That is ridiculous.

I took a video of mine, with a computer cam about half the resolutions of Ben's. :(

I am still happy about the swag. The USB was DIFFICULT to remove from the neck. I put a rubber band around the base of it for easier access later. Also, I will probably make a hardcore swag necklace out of it dangling from a neckchain. I wonder what others will think when they see it around my neck? Probably that I am a nerd... lol.

[​IMG]
    Vernam7 likes this.
  9. arseface

arseface Post Master General

I care only about the minis. They look 3D printed which isn't a problem, just an observation. Hopefully I'll get mine soon.

I'm assuming I'm allowed to use them in videos for non-PA related things right? You guys are usually pretty cool about that sort of thing but it's polite to ask.
  10. fuzzels

fuzzels Member

11. arseface

arseface Post Master General

12. fuzzels

fuzzels Member

13. veep

veep Member

What, nobody has painted their minis, yet? Slackers.
    websterx01 likes this.
  14. fuzzels

fuzzels Member

Awesome pictures of yours! Ah indeed... no pictures either....

Some people have this stuff called work, not everything is annihilation...
  15. Betuor

Betuor New Member

I am somewhat disappointed in my miniatures. All of mine came messed up and slightly bent backwards.
  16. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Unfortunately, this can happen in shipping from the manufacturer. There's several YouTube videos and websites that share ways to help bend them back into shape. I would try running them under warm - hot water (not very hot, please don't burn yourself) and bend them back into place.
    After reviewing the Forums on Reaper Miniature's website, it looks like they suggest a similar technique. :)
    emraldis likes this.
  17. Geers

Geers Post Master General

I'm just here for the pun <3.
    emraldis, websterx01 and mkrater like this.
  18. doud

doud Well-Known Member

And this is my unboxing video :D
    It took me a few hours to figure out the big commander was the USB key :p
    Remy561, gmase, cdrkf and 6 others like this.
  19. leewatson

leewatson New Member

Just received mines in the post there. But one of the miniatures is missing it's arm completely
    http://imgur.com/1XyOfRJ

Very tight fit on the USB stick, wasn't sure it was going to come out at all. Very nice surprise when it arrived just there :)
  20. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Thank you for sharing this doud!! :D Everything looks great! I even like the matching shirt with your USB drive. :cool:
    Heh, and yah, you may need some pliers or fingernails to get the USB out for the first time. After that, it gets easier. :)
    cdrkf and doud like this.