Players who deliberately disconnect to make you wait 3 minutes

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Greendolph, June 23, 2015.

1. Greendolph

Greendolph Active Member

I recently again had an experience where a player got frustrated with me and deliberately disconnected to make we wait the 3 minutes.

him: "go"
    "gogogogogogo"
    "go"
    "kjhsgdkjahskjha"
    "choose your spot"
    me: *UI finally loads because I play on a toaster*
    "My computer takes a minute to load"

After rolling over his base and him walking his commander away
    "Later fagot"
    *disconnects*

Can we put together some kind of repository of players who do this, so we know which players to back out of ranked matches with?
    cdrkf likes this.
  2. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Wasn't the 3 minute disconnect time cumulative? If it's not it may be an idea worth pursuing.
  3. Greendolph

Greendolph Active Member

I've never had a player reconnect on me to redisconnect. I have slow internet and my computer is far bellow the recommended specs for PA so I crash frequently. I'm fairly certain the 3 minutes reset for me when I disconnect multiple times.
  4. smithforce4305

smithforce4305 Active Member

I think it may be the same player that did it to me. I hate these kind of players I wish there was a way to make these people pay for what they do. But in the end it's really just 3 minutes of your time and a win :p
    cdrkf likes this.
  5. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

It would be nice if this was tracked, so if a 1v1 player has a history of dc'ing in the middle of ranked matches (particularly it it shows that they dc when they are losing - could use pa stats or something to track this), the time to wait should be lowered. I've had this happen to me and it is rather frustrating, and a complete waste of time, to just have to wait there to get the win. 'Cos in the back of your head you're giving them the benefit of the doubt (unless they said they were leaving in chat), cos if they come back and you're afk having a cup of tea thinking 'woo, win!', you're screwed.
    Greendolph likes this.
  6. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

the repository should be that he went down in rank?
  7. Greendolph

Greendolph Active Member

I don't think you know what repository means ;)
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  8. bengeocth

you want to put them somewhere. Send in a swat team?
  9. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I think his idea is to have a database of 'bad' players who do this. A sort of 'name and shame' type thing.
  10. bengeocth

What about people like me with shintenert as our primary service that get disconnected practically every game [exaggeration]? I'd be shoved in there despite my innocence.
    cdrkf likes this.
  11. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Well I don't think you finish your games with friendly statements of 'l8ter F*got'....? Essentially there is a big difference between 'dropped due to laggy internet' and 'left because being a ****'....
    smithforce4305 and bengeocth like this.
  12. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

still against witchhunts
  13. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Could add a *flag*that shows up on the match making screen so you know? Heroes of the Storm does this and then matches you with other people who leave if you do so leading to more unsatisfactory games if people like to do it. PA doesn't quite have the luxury of being able to split its players though.
    Greendolph likes this.
  14. Greendolph

Greendolph Active Member

More 'name' less 'shame,' a database would allow a mod to display a little flag like what marshall just described allowing players to choose not to play that person. But a list like this could (and probably would) be abused by some players making the shaming component inevitable :(