Creating different factions with different units?

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by RiQQ, June 21, 2015.

1. RiQQ

RiQQ New Member

Hello.

As title says, i would like to create different kind of factions which would have differently balanced units, possibly totally different units. I'm not certain where to start with this, or could this even be possible?

I thought, if it would be possible to create your own custom flags for unit_type in blue prints this should be rather easy task, but i haven't seen anywhere any information about this. Any insight on this kind of case? All help is appreciated. :)

RiQQ
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

There's already a fairly huge faction mod in progress, if you would like to help please check out this thread and post a reply!

At this point the only needed help is modelling, texturing, and animating.
  3. RiQQ

RiQQ New Member

Thanks for the reply.

I actually already have quick readed that thread through and it sounds quite fascinating. Sadly im not much of a modeller, mainly cause I dont like to do this kind of things too much. Also there was nothing about the way, how to do different factions into PA.

So I have another guess, could you change your first unit you spawn with and then give it special unit blueprints? So far I haven't found this kind of code from script files.

RiQQ
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

My first guess would be that you can make it somehow that different commanders have different buildings, but I am not really an expert with the unit blueprints.
  5. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

yep, you can change the units the first commander is able to build, then go on after that making each fabber able to build different units.