Planetary colliding animation bug

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ecervele, June 10, 2015.

1. ecervele

ecervele Member

Hello everybody,

I have sadly noticed that their is still no animation for planets of the same size hitting eather other, it's the same old crappy white donut and the magically vanishing planets...

It's really impressive, in the bad way...

And I have also recorded too that it's the same thing when a moon collides with a gas giant, it's exactly the same, white crappy donut + vanishing moon... Wow, much collision, such crash...

When this thing is going to be fixed??? Because it was at this state before the "official" release of the game...

Because it's really surprising to see how well crafted the annihilaser animation and the moon falling on a rocky planet animation are and to notice how foolish are those above...

Thanks for your hard work and all the update you provide to the game.
    I hope it's going be settle in not so far future.

PS: I'm sorry for my poor english...
    ArchieBuld, Planktum, tatsujb and 6 others like this.
  2. ecervele

ecervele Member

Rise again my dear topic and spread my words to the artistic section of über entertainment's ears, may your quest be fruitful...
  3. kayonsmit101

kayonsmit101 Active Member

Even the animation of a smaller planet hitting a larger one is in need of work. Hopefully when Uber begins working on asteroids all of this will be improved. (also that darn orbital launcher animation that's been around since alpha )
    Planktum and Remy561 like this.
  4. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

My I suggest reading a book to expand your imagination skillZ and leave the developers to get on with making the game more fun to play.

Cheers.
    MrTBSC likes this.
  5. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

people who don't care too much about graphics but gameplay
  6. ecervele

ecervele Member

I agree that the orbital launcher animation kind of suck, but the other one is really correct even if it could have been better.

Yeah! Back in my days there were "The book where you're the hero" and you don't even need those fancy and expensive machine which are called computer..

Those youngster can't use their imagination anymore, now they need machines!!! What a world we live in my dear Johanna...

It's both but the issue, here, is that it does not feat with the graphics standards of the game... It's not coherent. That's why it's lousy.

If the game had that kind of esthetic from the start, there will be no trouble, but it's not the case and that's why it's troublesome...

It's like Mrs Giménez when she touched up "Behold the man" in the church of Borja, it ended up in "Monkey jesus"... It doesn't feat the place anymore...
  7. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

I agree. The effect for planets of same size hitting needs to be defined. Especially when the game is called planetary annihilation. And while they're at it the animations of a planet smash can also have some proper love from @bgolus .

In time I guess. Somewhere sooooon :p

I'll just leave this here.

Last edited: June 13, 2015
    Planktum, killerkiwijuice and FSN1977 like this.
  8. MrTBSC

matter of priorities
  9. ecervele

ecervele Member

Like Alpha said, if you want o be taken seriously when you call you game planetary annihlation is to not neglect this kind of detail, even if's a matter of "priority"
    Remy561, veep, Nicb1 and 1 other person like this.
  10. MrTBSC

i take a game serious BEING good not just looking good ...
  11. ecervele

ecervele Member

In a STR, if you want people to play it in a competitive way, you have to balance it with care, but this happens when the game is finished and it's not the case...

And you don't finish the artisitic part after balancing, it can happens when you change the graphics standards at the last moment, and it's not the case...

So don't use those kind of justifications which are only authoritarian argument... You can just admit that they messed up with this part, and that's needed to be fixed instead of blindly insisting...
  12. ecervele

ecervele Member

By saying that graphics are useless
    I hope so. :D
  13. Z3K0N15

Z3K0N15 Active Member

Its funny,I made a few threads on this before,Of course balancing needs to come first,bit I do agree that the effects are NEEDED because planet smashing just feels so underwhelming.The annihilaser is perfect but the things that needs work are planets and the orbital launch vehicle!
    ace63 and ArchieBuld like this.
  14. Z3K0N15

Z3K0N15 Active Member

Also,remember how cool the launch vehicle looked in the kickstarter trailer.It had that massive "kick" on launch,sounded like the space shuttle taking off with great sound but atm it feels really weak if it makes sence.Just woddles around in flight and just explodes.Would like to see it improved.At the very least it would be great to see that bug fixed,where when its being fabed, it dosent sit where its supposed to.
    ace63 likes this.