The Admiralty Tournament

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by elodea, May 22, 2015.

1. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Reminder to get your teams signed up. Tournament starts in 2 days.
  2. xankar

xankar Post Master General

Oh yeah, forgot about this. Last call if anyone would like to form a teAm with me.
  3. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Sure.
  4. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

I'll see how many players show up. If there is need I'll be the third wheel for some team :)
    elodea, Alpha2546 and xankar like this.
  5. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Looks like I'll be around too, if you want some help vying for last place ;^)
    elodea likes this.
  6. xankar

Sounds good man, last place best place ;)
    xerkt likes this.
  7. otterfamily

otterfamily New Member

So I'm just gonna put this here and see if anyone wants to use it.

I had some free time between flights and the name reminded me of wargames, so I prayed to my Matthew Broderick shrine and channeled this.

Anyone who wants could use this for stream downtime. It should loop properly. Let me know if there's anything you want added in (Nyan Cat flyby?).

I tried to post a GoogleDrive link for ez downloading, but it didnt like "non-whitelisted" links.
    I guess PM me for a link, or you could rip it using keepvid or something.

Happy hunting.

<3
    andreasgg, elodea, cdrkf and 2 others like this.
  8. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

After Effects?
  9. thejacksonian56

thejacksonian56 New Member

So the Screw-Badivers Need 1 more player, if anyone if interested. E-Mail me at texjhn@gmail.com and I will get to you ASAP!
  10. violetania

violetania Well-Known Member

Hey, i kinda screwed up the sign up and VSA joined my team so clopse is stuck on another team of the same name, could you guys pretty please fix it??? i'm not sure how >.< sorry and thanks <3 Looking forward to the trollage =P
  11. thejacksonian56

If you can we might need you, Currently we don't have a 3rd player. so if i can't find one... You can be on the team.
    elodea likes this.
  12. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Changelog 2.3

Gameplay
    • Commander torpedo dmg increased from 250 to 300 (one shots combat fab)
    • Commander metal value increased from 25k to 35k
    • Missile bomber weapon energy storage and consumption per shot changed to 130/130 from 150/75
    • Some better unit descriptions

Fixes
    • Combat fab can reclaim subs
    • Sonar/adv sonar dummy ranges should show properly now without firing infinite torpedos. I promise!

Sorry for any inconvenience due to last minute changes before admiralty tournament. Felt like I needed to address significant issues that could have very likely resulted in bad games.

Summary of effects are a combat fab nerf against commander, and overall decreased missile bomber dps so destroyers can mitigate more of the damage for longer. Hope that helps you understand the impact on your strategy.

Remember to update your map pack as well, which corrects missing mexes due to the recent patch.
  13. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

I'm heading out for the day now - were it not for this important social engagement I would have loved to cast this tournament - but I just want to wish @elodea, all other people involved in the tournament, and the players themselves, the best of luck. I'm sure you'll have a blast, and I hope to watch the videos later on!
    xankar likes this.
  14. violetania

so... um.... 2 hours before the tournament... clopse says he has work so can't make.... *curls up and dies in horror*
    wheres the nearest bridge? *jumps*
  15. thejacksonian56

We have a 3rd Player, his name is Bpinator. However its not letting him enter the tournament. Just a heads up.
  16. xankar

it's clopse lol, should've anticipated this :p
    xerkt, stuart98 and Clopse like this.
  17. otterfamily

otterfamily New Member

Yeah, it's just vanilla after effects. It started off where I was just wondering if I could make it look CRT screenish, and then it spiraled out of control :D

18. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I was under the impression I didn't have a team to tell I wasn't showing up to until 2 hours before the tournament. :p
  19. thejacksonian56

You guys have to watch the second game with the Screw-Badivers v The Losers Bracket. My death is so funny. GGWP to TLB
  20. violetania

BUT I MESSAGED YOU ABOUT IT!!!!! And you said can do.... Facebook-30thMay
    But it's okay, VSA didn't show up either, i got put in a team where a player didn't turn up but then that player turned up during the rehost of the first game so it's all good.... I'm really tempted to start cracking suicide jokes but i won't.

On a lighter note... hope everyone that competed had fun and did well!!!! =D <3 ^^