PTE Build 82821-pte is up now!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mkrater, June 3, 2015.

1. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Probably not... will check and test.

What would a new player expect? Local replays?
  2. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Thank you for reporting this. We should have a fix for this in the next build.
  3. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Yeah something like that would be cool.
    I suggested AI chatter during the games. Could be tied to events like radar. It would make the game more lively...
  4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, it's not very intuitive. On the one hand, it would be nice to have local replays. On the other hand, those replays can get quite massive if you store those locally (as you of all people will know :)).
  5. jorgenpt

jorgenpt Uber Programmer Uber Alumni

Yep. Updated to latest, v2.5.7.1.
  6. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot Uber Team for respecting you original kickstarter commitment : Supporting and improving the game over time. As a very early pledger i can't stress enough how this makes me feel happy ;)
    mkrater and cdrkf like this.
  7. veep

veep Member

Nice patch, made me give PTE a try and I must say I am happy with how easy you made the process. Thanks!
  8. coldboot

coldboot Active Member

Yeah, you guys are really doing a fantastic job. I'm excited for the very long-life of this game.
    dom314 and gmase like this.
  9. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

For those who don't want to wait for the next build to fix the air sound bug, a quick fix (for me at least) was to replace the PA_SFX.fsb file in /media/pa/audio with the one from stable.
  10. veep

veep Member

Just played a GW game and I've got two systems with the same name on the map. They ended up right next to each other, too. :)

Also there are (have been) spurious backslashes in the system descriptions, like this:
    Last edited: June 3, 2015
  11. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Great update, especially amazing that it was so quick after the last release build!

Are these changes the only Galactic War changes that are coming?
    galaxyisos likes this.
  12. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

Would it be possible to enable ghosts for the enemy Commander at the very least? We already receive an alert that we found him from our scouting mobile units, but often times the alert banner rolls off of the screen before you can mouse over it to see him, or that scouting unit gets killed before you see him. I also realize that the enemy Commander icon gets a blue border around it when the enemy Commander is spotted, and that clicking on that icon in the player drop down list will center your view to where he was spotted, however the camera zoom level is centered so far out that it's very difficult to determine where he was exactly. This is why a ghosted unit for the enemy Com would be very helpful. It would enable you to more accurately pinpoint his location for assasination attempts. Using a nuke, or orbital lasers, or even bombers to assassinate the enemy Com are all things that require pinpoint accuracy to minimize the effects from enemy defensive structures. In other words, what good is that enemy Commander alert, if you can't use it to accurately find the Com? Ghosting the Commander unit when he was spotted would solve that problem.

Another thing that would be helpful is using brighter colors to illuminate the ghosted enemy structures that were found. Depending on the planet type, sometimes it takes a while to find them again, especially when they are far enough away on a large planet. Ghosting the strategic icons for the structures as well would allow us to identify them much more quickly without needing to zoom in close to do so. That would especially help less experienced players, who aren't as familiar with the subtle visual distinctions between the various structures.
    Last edited: June 3, 2015
  13. coldboot

coldboot Active Member

@mkrater, @jorgenpt: I was able to beat the AI in Galactic War on absurd after finding a couple of technologies. I never really played it before, but the tech I started with seemed reasonable enough to be able to win, even on absurd.

It's pretty annoying not having planes, but still possible to win. Lower difficulties should be just fine for most players, though.

The interface looks a lot nicer. To be honest it was really crappy before, and after first looking at it, I wasn't enticed to play. Great work!
    warrenkc and mkrater like this.
  14. coldboot

coldboot Active Member

This is for mods that want to have unit wreckage that doesn't get in the way, but no changes to vanilla gameplay, right?
  15. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

The only change I'd like to see is persistent icons for already explored buildings, to make spotting them a bit easier when quickly skimming over a planet looking for stuff.
    warrenkc likes this.
  16. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Someone from uber correct me, but if I remember correctly then unit buildings you discovered stay in the memory of your client even when you dont see them. They are not updated and flagged as "outdated" and thus invisible, but I guess in theory the client has the info it needs to show them with little changes.
  17. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

The Galactic war is now a lot of fun! Awesome update from Uber, thank you guys
    mkrater and cdrkf like this.
  18. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

@masterdigital

Just had the bug with the FFA's splitting in half (half stuck at loading and the other gets ingame).

INFO [JS/game] :24: {"lobbyId":"18222711580331541664"}

I hope its useful.
  19. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

This appears to be the same error that occurred in the other cases. It looks like there is one reasonably common error.
    Alpha2546 and cdrkf like this.
  20. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

It seems to work for me. Can you give me more details?