PTE Build 82821-pte is up now!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mkrater, June 3, 2015.

1. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

I have a feeling that blips are now finally detached from actual units, enabling "ghosts" of units seen in the past, in the original location and such features. Not sure how much the game is already making use of that architectural change, but it should enable much more than the old system in the stable branch.

... I really didn't expect to see that feature so soon ...
    Remy561 and cdrkf like this.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I can confirm that much with 100% certainty. Though that already was part of the last patches to stable.
    I am doubtful they were made for the features you envision.
  3. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

Yup, I'm experiencing the same and it sounds like an overdrive (I hope this is the correct term for this)
    It is definitely some explosion, but I'm not sure if it is only the plane explosion.
  4. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

I can
    confirm this as well. I get it and its annoying.

And I also get a "Enemy Commander Sighted" Everytime I make a move in GW.
  5. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Is the social bar on GW star map supposed to be working at this point? (it's not; launched in --nomods mod)
  6. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Yeah plane explosion is bugged.
    Apart from that just played some GW matches and finally got some good tech this time :)
  7. forrestthewoods

forrestthewoods Uber Alumni

Blips are indeed fully detached from Units. This makes a particular class of cheating simply not possible. If you weren't cheating then you shouldn't see any differences. (Pending bugs, of course).

We already support "ghosts" and make use of them for structures. For example you see structures through the fog of war in the state you last saw it. We don't enable ghosts for mobile units by design.

I'm not sure what what types of new features you're envisioning exactly. We're always open to hearing feedback and suggestions.
  8. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

Not only ghost units, but also ghost blips, respectively state machine for blips which allows them to show full unit icon when known.

Ghost blips enabled for all units, unlike ghost units which are only shown for structures.

Basically the same level of comfort SupCom had to offer in terms of blips, icons and ghosts, excluding the advanced active mechanics.
  9. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

It should be working. I'll look into it.
  10. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

if nothing else, give us ghost icons for structures we've seen. Having to scroll in and try to figure out what stuff is at a glance is annoying.

Pretty please?
  11. lostmekka

lostmekka Member

A supcom style radar blip system (display unit icons instead of blips for already scouted units) might be a very good way to decrease the difference in skill needed between top tier players and the ones below.
    (since I assume that all top tier players are aware of what blip is which unit anyway, and even don't always need radar to know what is going on around the planet)
    Getting newer players all the tools to quickly learn the game is key in maintaining a healthy player base imho.
  12. lostmekka

lostmekka Member

I got naval combat tech with the vehicle commander on the first tech choice. This is not supposed to happen, right?
  13. tvinita

tvinita Uber Employee

All commander loadouts begin with t1 naval unlocked. Therefore, that naval combat buff is a tech that you can use. However, you might have some options along with it that you consider more useful at the time.
    cdrkf likes this.
  14. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Sjiiiiiit. I don't want to scout :p . My cheats! Time to get good.

Edit:

BTW tvinita. I really like the changes to the grenadier. They feel really good now!
  15. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

No, please.
  16. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

uh, why?
  17. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

@masterdigital

Here are some lobbyIds for missing replays:
    Missing replays includes ranked.
  18. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

GW plays rather well!

All we need is some of the lore you had that guy write up put into the game. Hell even over a still image would be fine (Or community screen shots of awesomeness) and you have the fluff people have been wanting.

Just, like, roll the text from the bottom to the top of the screen after battles, tell the story of the factions as I play as them, or just background info in general.

And it'll be great! Just like a 90's RTS game! Of course if you still have a voice actor...... then we could get to a lore level of TA..... and that would be awesome!
    Remy561, whisperr and proeleert like this.
  19. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

You can watch the replays with a direct lobbyId but they seem to be missing from my games only:

Some more missing replays:
    Also no gw replays are appearing in my games only. I can see gw games for other people in all recent games.
  20. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Just to confirm, those GW games of yours are with the local server turned off, right?