Biggest pet peeve?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Decker87, February 19, 2011.

1. Decker87

Decker87 New Member

You know what really, really annoys me? When my team takes time getting out of the gate at the start of the game. Then by the time the game starts, the other team has already gained significant ground. Sometimes by 3 minutes in you are pinned completely.

What are you doing? Get the **** out there!!!!

What's yours?
  2. Snug

Snug New Member

People buying skills and blocking the spawn gates =(

Assassins ninja-ing loots!
  3. Uncle_Coord

Uncle_Coord New Member

facegrappling

/thread.
  4. CrancK

CrancK New Member

no modding tools :(
  5. Rammite

Rammite New Member

People who buy skills in the middle of the spawn exit, and people who make 3.3 Longshots that can only shoot the Steel Peel walls, or the Spawn Ring.
  6. tinygod

tinygod New Member

people who say "you suck I rule" when they win and "you hack" when they loose.

nobody says "nice shot" "good game" anymore.. unless its just a simple "gg" at the end, which I think is more muscle memory than sincere..
  7. Fevered

Fevered New Member

People buying longshots in Steel Peel. I played a game today where somebody built three...

I swear someone always builds at least one when I play that map. :evil:
  8. Mail

Mail New Member

When someone chooses a class I normally play, so I choose another class, and then they switch class or ragequit two minutes into the match. When this happens when the class is support, doubly so. Playing a match with no support and all your skills bought as tank is a frustrating thing indeed.
  9. Gturtle

Gturtle New Member

The mad scramble of pubbies trying to join the team my friend and I highlighted in the lobby which inevitably knocks one of us off the team.

Also the guy that decides he should be assassin number three.
  10. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

snipers in general
  11. Vlane

Vlane New Member

This. A thousand times this. Stay were you are, buy your skills and then get the **** out, I wanna get into the battlefield.
  12. Mail

Mail New Member

13. eternal

eternal New Member

Honestly I was gonna post this even before I read this post.

People who use "loose" or "looser" instead "lose" or "loser"

Totally different words.
  14. s0cks

s0cks New Member

Honestly, not much.

Assassins who think they're leet because they got 20+ grapple kills in a match (yet usually died just as many times).

Totally hypocritical here (but just being honest); Truly awesome players who shut down the opposing team game after game. I find it frustrating and not fun (if these players are assassins - then double the frustration), though I have no beef with them - after all they're good for a reason (so long as it's not hacks).

People who build LB's.

People who deploy FB's in stupid places (even once saw one in our spawn!!!).
  15. TemptedNZ

TemptedNZ New Member

Gunners
    Deployed
    In
    Spawn

At the start of a game.

It makes GDIS, I feel like it should spell something like TARD, it drives me Nucking futs.
  16. WylieTimes

WylieTimes New Member

People that play turret/bot killing classes and don't do so.
    Bot killing isn't as huge an issue as all classes can push lanes somewhat well - but it's annoying when the enemy has pushed your lanes hard and the tank attempts to chase them off rather than stopping the bots from getting close to the money ball.
    First priority is bots, and more often than not I'm playing a good pro-killer, so it would be better if I chased them off...

Turret-killers not doing so is the worst for me, as I find that it means that even if my team is winning and racking up the kills, we often have to wait until overtime to actually get at that moneyball.
  17. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

That and people that never buy turrets or attack the money ball while none is there (no defenses too :( ).
  18. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

People who are too cowardly and self-oriented to ever win games. If you compare the gameplay of hour-long matches with those of the standard 15-minute matches, it's exactly the same. I don't get it.
  19. Cedar Tree

Cedar Tree New Member

Teams that decide to go all defense and never leave their base. Happens often in pub games when some turrets go down and/or some bots start getting close. I can understand *increased* defense, but *all* defense??? Might as well wave the white flag. It especially sucks if it's early or mid-round and lasts until overtime.

Let's see, what else...

Players who worry too much about dying and/or their KDR. It's such a pointless stat imo, and I partially blame clans who say 'you must have a KDR of X to join', but I digress. :) I recall a player who frequents these forums (I won't mention his name, he knows who he is) who, for 4 rounds, never left his base as sniper and ran back into the respawn five feet away the instant he sensed any sort of danger whatsoever. There were times when he had literally zero targets for 5+ minutes. Granted 99% of people aren't that bad, but in general I see people care about KDR way too much.

Players who whine about their teams being bad. If they're so bad and you're so leet, try spotting their mistakes and helping them learn a little. Sure there's a lot of kiddies and idiots out there who won't give a **** what you say, but I'd be willing to gander that in most pubs, at least one of your teammates will see you're good and will pay attention. Perhaps he/she is an intelligent player who is still learning the game and by heeding your advice, just maybe it'll help your team turn things around and win. You never know. Of course then again, about 90% of the time I see someone whine about their team there's at least 1-2 players on their team that I'd consider better than them to begin with :roll:

I can think of some more, but I better stop now :) Never realized I had so many pet peeves! :lol:
  20. Decker87

Decker87 New Member

This!! I hate it when a tank or assassin runs right past some easy bot kills just to hunt down a pro.