[WIP] DirectEdit 0.5.0

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by guest1, February 5, 2015.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\mods
    or
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\client_mods
    davostheblack likes this.
  2. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

Thank you!
  3. tesseracta

tesseracta Active Member

How did you do that
  4. psyk323

psyk323 Member

So, is this mod dead or what? Hasn't been updated in a while and it doesn't work with the current PA build. If it is dead, it's quite a shame because I used this mod to make some awesome planets.
  5. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

If the last update broke it, then you'll have to give the mod author some time to fix it. I suspet that's the case, but if its been broken for a while then I don't know.
  6. psyk323

psyk323 Member

Like I've mention before, it hasn't been updated for a while and has been broken for a quite a few patches now, I only posted the message to know if anything was happening with the mod because, if you do a little research before going to conclusions, you see that Guest1 hasn't had activity since March 15 and the OP hasn't been updated since March 7 and a lot of PA patches have been launched since then, probably breaking the mod.
  7. guest1

guest1 Active Member

I've been away for awhile. Are people still interested in this mod? I could look into fixing it if so.
  8. guest1

guest1 Active Member

Okay, I updated the mod. Added in the four new asteroid parameters, so now you can have regular planets that spawn after some time and respawn at intervals.

I'm not really sure why people were saying the mod was broken. @reptarking? It seemed to work fine for me as soon as I downloaded it. If you are having specific issues, please let me know what exactly was going wrong so I can fix it.
  9. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

You legend.
    guest1, doud and dom314 like this.
  10. psyk323

psyk323 Member

Good thing you're still alive and kicking because I honestly thought at some point of updating the mod my self.
    Also, why wouldn't people be interested in a mod that actually gives us what we originally wanted the system editor to be and not the current rubbish it is?
    Thanks for the update though.
    guest1 likes this.
  11. guest1

guest1 Active Member

It wouldn't hurt to have someone else who could update the repo eventually. The mod right now is fairly futureproof and requires only minor editing to keep up with new features, so it shouldn't be too much work.

I'm going to shoot for a PAMM release within about a month maybe, but I've said that before and we all know how that's turned out.

How do people feel about the size of the DEdit boxes? I don't want to be hogging the screen for people with less available resolution.
  12. eroticburrito

I'm on 1920x1080. I like the size - so long as one can minimise/close/drag part-way off the edge of the screen when necessary, I'm happy :)
  13. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

Anyway to be able to paint on the planet to plan where i want to put things without ever placing a csg? or would that be not possibru
  14. superouman

superouman Post Master General

edit: nevermind, i had an old version. i thought there was an autoupdate through pamm.
  15. eroticburrito

Anything happening with this mod with regard to Titans? I can't seem to find it on PAMM and it doesn't seem to be working though it's in my mods folder. Really useful mod.
  16. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

You need to extract the .zip from the first post. If you extract that, there should be a directory called "com.pa.guest.DirectEdit". Note that that folder is inside the DirectEdit-master folder. Extracting it directly to the mods folder won't work.

Anyway, that folder "com.pa.guest.DirectEdit" needs to be moved to:
    Windows: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\client_mods (Just copy-paste this in the address bar of Explorer)
    OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/client_mods
    Linux: ~/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/client_mods

(The client_mods folder may still be called mods if you are still using the old style)

Once you have done that, then you should open PAMM. DirectEdit will then be available under "UI MODS". Enable it there. Only then will it work in PA.

And, yeah, it really just ought to be on PAMM as a downloadable mod. :)
    Thurgeron and eroticburrito like this.
  17. eroticburrito

Nice one, got it working :D Thanks Denim.
  18. Thurgeron

Thurgeron New Member

@guest1 This seems like a great mod... shame I didnt find out about it until now, and ive been playing for 2 years
  19. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

I activated the mod and it's all Greek to me. Is there a programming language or other sort of education that would help me understand this?
  20. kimberlee

kimberlee New Member

[request] DirectEdit Tutorial