Hotfix Build 82369 now live!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, May 29, 2015.

1. imperatorurist

imperatorurist Member

About time for the Air and AA changes, now fix the system designer.
  2. iacondios

iacondios Active Member

Speaking of the system designer, I recently played some games where aircraft interaction inside subtractive CSGs was totally broken, e.g. aircraft created in subtractive CSGs don't work, and anti-air in subtractive CSGs cannot fire at aircraft. By "subtractive CSGs", I mainly mean oversized craters and metal planet trench structures. Strangely, aircraft made on normal non-altered terrain can fly over the CSGs normally.

...that wouldn't happen to be fixed, would it?
  3. ripperx69

ripperx69 New Member

I can not change Commanders for a new game of Galactic War. Looks like it is stuck on the Centurion.

Edit: I can not change Commanders while playing offline. Playing online I can change Commanders
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
    websterx01 likes this.
  4. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

Some people do care.

Im collecting them :p
    cdrkf likes this.
  5. jables

jables Uber Employee

2 new ones added just a bit ago :)
  6. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

@iacondios You'd probably enjoy some of the systems I've made judging by your avatar. Here's one example...

[​IMG]

I love building expansive themed systems like this, but all the bugs are such a huge hurdle that I've given up until they are fixed.
    Alpha2546 and iacondios like this.
  7. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

This has been around for a while, and I remember that you guys said that it was just a very low priority item... any word on if it's up to be fixed soon?
  8. jables

jables Uber Employee

CSG issue fixed in system editor. May be some improvements in server connection, but needs more work. Will try to get that fixed in the AM when more people are here.
    doud, ace63 and Remy561 like this.
  9. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

You clearly have more disposable income than I do then ;)
    cdrkf likes this.
  10. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

New commanders

Imperial ToddFather:
    [​IMG]

Quad TheFlax:
    [​IMG]
    Quitch, Remy561, cdrkf and 1 other person like this.
  11. Khalys

Khalys New Member

Hi,
    It's nice to some news. Is issue with replays are fixed ? Since few weeks (month ?) We randomly don't have the amry/eco tab refresh during replay, it's very annoying for debriefing... Or it's only related to some mods (Our team of about 10 players get the same bug).

Thanks
    lordathon likes this.
  12. WaylanderPK

WaylanderPK Member

Hi Game seems to run quicker,smoother and the AI is brutal. Still some bugs with Linux (and a new one). The cursor now has a white box around it, not game stopping but slightly annoying. On occasion the arrow keys for panning will just stop working, this happens when selecting units, selecting some new units rectifies the issue. Still have to use --software-ui to play on my AMD Raedon 7000, disappointing but I get its a coherent-ui problem and not really something Uber can fix.
    Its great see Uber still supporting PA, still by far my favourite game to play.
    Once I can be sure my UI won't stuff up during a match I'll probably even get back to having myself pwned in the ladder :)
    elvisior likes this.
  13. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

It seems pretty smooth on Ubuntu MATE for me now.

My main issue is how bright everything is on High settings, with no gamma/brightness/bloom options at all it's a little annoying.
    Screenshot.jpg

Everything is literally glowing, and it's a little eye burning.
  14. WaylanderPK

WaylanderPK Member

I'm running Mint 17.1 with Mate.
  15. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

That's because you don't appreciate spending your money on drugs like a normal boy your age.
    badfucatus and thetrophysystem like this.
  16. arm2thecore

arm2thecore Active Member

Debian 8, 16GB RAM. USCentral server.

1st try, local server = off: gets to commander vs commander screen, then does nothing
    2nd try, local server = on: connection to server lost
    3rd try, local server = auto: connection to server lost
    4th try, local server = off: gets to commander vs commander screen, then does nothing
    5th try - wait, it shouldn't be this hard. :confused:
  17. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

Try "Modded Post processing chain" mod from PAMM. Problem is, that with a low framerate, HDR won't adapt fast enough, so the scene remains this bright much longer than it should. This mod enforces instant adaption.

There's also a version of that mod which disables bloom all together, in case it's still not comfortable yet.
  18. veep

veep Member

May I use the opportunity to request a feature?

I like to use the Esc key to clear my unit selection. This will often inadvertently open the game menu because I'd mash it when I had nothing selected.

Could we get the "Back" and "Menu" keybindings split? Opening the menu doesn't feel like going back to me and I'd find it intuitive if hitting "back" became a no-op once you've backed all the way out, so to speak.

Thanks!
  19. liamdawe

liamdawe Active Member

I'm running at a constant 60FPS (would be higher, but using vsync), I'm on a NV 970, so I'm not getting a low framerate. You can see the FPS in the corner.
  20. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

I really like this loading from replays. I loaded a random replay where a guy was battling the AI. Dude gave up at 20 minutes and exploded his commander. I rewinded a few seconds, pressed play and battled from where he left! Then I defeated the AI and the game told me that that original dude had won the game... You're welcome random guy!! :D And because this is awesome I bought an extra commander :)
    Last edited: May 29, 2015