Please review PA on Steam, they need it

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by coldboot, May 15, 2015.

1. pieman90

pieman90 Active Member

Last edited: May 16, 2015
    stuart98 likes this.
  2. pieman90

pieman90 Active Member

No pa is a team game, not a 1v1, and most of the community would agree with me on this.
  3. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

shared eco teams

the current problem is ranked is only 1v1 ... though with 1 exception ranked maps are mostly 1 planet only

newcommers better play custom first with their experience mentioned in the matchtitle
    i also suggest to to not start with galactic war immidiately as the randomness of it can and sometimes DOES lead to unnessesarily long games or even stalemates ...
    Last edited: May 16, 2015
  4. rabbit9000

rabbit9000 Member

Does not a game deserve the reviews it gets?

Why should we offer good reviews? Will Uber work much more on the game outside of balance patches? I doubt it.

We never even got any more biomes or a decent roster of units.

Ded game is ded.
  5. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

k
    websterx01 and Remy561 like this.
  6. rabbit9000

rabbit9000 Member

7. MrTBSC

sry what?

sry what?
  8. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

This man speaks the truth. Sort of.

Uber has, so far, supported the game well after-launch, however it's clear that their artists have already moved on or the designers, for some insane reason, think that there are enough units as-is as the last unit additions were the two subs in January.

The unit roster in PA pales to that of TA, where either faction easily had twice the number of units in PA. About a third of those were only introduced in TCC or in a series of official unit addition mods, but still PA' s roster was absolutely dwarfed by TA. We have seen nothing to indicate that either this problem or the problem of uninteresting randomly generated terrain are going to be fixed.

However, Uber is a business and as long as PA is generating money they can work on it. Mixed reviews impact this and make it less likely to make enough money to justify work on it.

Drawing the conclusion that the game is dead is beyond premature, all things considered, when there are, at this moment, 1,346 people playing it from steam alone and a PTE pending promotion to stable.
    Last edited: May 17, 2015
    dfanz0r and ace63 like this.
  9. MrTBSC

TA was filled with replica units though ... and anywhere near ballanced
    i don't think PA is missing much anymore on the unitfront
    and frankly asking an indy developer the size of uber to implement content equal to what the spiritual predeccessors from larger companies were is to me a sign of being spoiled and impatience ...

PA is still barely over half a year officialy released ...
    Bsport and cdrkf like this.
  10. wilhelmvx

wilhelmvx Member

PA has a good unit roster ...on paper.
    You could pretty much remove T2 units from the game.
    As it stands the unit variety in PA is really poor, get t2 fixed and I might agree that the roster is 'okaish'.
    stuart98 likes this.
  11. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I disagree with that as I use T2 of some form or another in most of my games- and I play mainly smaller games.

There are a couple of not so useful units in T2 is all I'd say.

T2 bots are good imo (slammers great for attacking sea, snipers are deadly in force and can shoot down tac missiles and bluehawks are your mobile counter to orbital).

T2 tanks, well Shellers are great, vanguards are also nice if you have a large force heading towards you base (or if you can sneak them into some unguarded production). Levellers aren't used much as usually your better off sending in the same metals worth of t1 tanks but I've seen them used to good effect in FFA games.

That leaves us with T2 air- probably the weakest, though not as bad as many suggest. Phonenix being able to go interplanetary is excellent if you want to invade another planet. Also Kestrels are being used more and more since they were buffed. The Hornet is a good idea, but T2 bots invalidate it completely and it's too easy to take down with a few fighters (it needs to be resistant to t1 fighters imo given it's slow speed / high cost).

I actually think T2 is in a reasonably good place- it's expensive enough to allow T1 to have an important role throughout a game, if they make it much cheaper we'll end up back in late Beta with the 'rush t2 or die' plays again.
    nateious likes this.
  12. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Unless T2 is not only made cheaper, but also weaker! So that T2 isn't a "eventually get here first or die" in larger games. And "Get T2 and die" in 1v1 matches.

T2 can be perfect with a lower price tag, less ridiculous risk/reward and instead just be low risk with a decent reward from each units specialized role.
    elodea likes this.
  13. MrTBSC

oh please i could easily say the same about TA and supcom
    tunsel11 likes this.
  14. badfucatus

badfucatus Active Member

Personally, I'm glad the tutorial is pants. It's the only reason I'm still ranked gold (barely).

Personal Tip for 1v1 ranked.... Wait for sales, then scrub whoop hard.
  15. MrTBSC

and lose 80% of new blood in the process ... yaaay ...
    wilhelmvx and stuart98 like this.
  16. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

17. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Indeed, that's not even from the game! This 4k resolution galaxy is an artificial construct! We now have the technology to create galaxies! Welcome, my friends, to the future!

o_O
  18. theniftybiscuit

theniftybiscuit New Member

[QUOTE="Pieman90, post: 1086158, member: 1984748"
    *face palms*

On a more relevant note I did write a review[/QUOTE]

My friend and I just reviewed it positively.
    cdrkf likes this.
  19. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I'm glad your enjoying it :)
  20. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Nobody said give false reviews, that's what we're all trying to combat. So many of those steam reviews are just wrong, and spew false information. Outdated information.

And so far they are still updating, and stuff outside balance. Next up is asteroids and galactic war revamp in fact.