Galactic War win caused game to freeze

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Frosty3k, May 20, 2015.

1. Frosty3k

Frosty3k Member

I'm about 15 turns into a galactic war match and I fought one orange AI. After winning the round nothing happened -- it was stuck in the game screen instead of popping up that UI with game stats. The only thing I can do is pan around the game. I cannot click on anything or bring up the menu.
  2. Frosty3k

Frosty3k Member

Just as another note... I alt-f4ed a couple times and retried finishing the battle and the last time I was still able to control everything but the UI still didn't pop up. I then proceeded to nuke my sub commander which caused both he and I to be considered annihilated... then the game ended in victory and I was able to continue the Galactic War.
  3. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

That is quite bizarre. Did you use the save feature during that particular battle?
  4. Frosty3k

Frosty3k Member

The first time no... I had to restart the mission from the galactic war screen. Subsequent attempts I saved in game and continued from the save when I alt-f4ed.
  5. RedNXT

RedNXT New Member

Did you have an allied AI commander who made the final kill? One time my AI ally killed the enemy commander and the game did not end. This only happened to me once and subsequent kills by my AI ally have resulted in the game ending properly. Maybe the same thing happened to you.
  6. Frosty3k

Frosty3k Member

It's possible but unlikely; I had laser platforms pounding on the commander... the sub commander had 2 light tanks nearby.
  7. RedNXT

RedNXT New Member

Ugh, it happened to me too just now. I beat the Orange Grand Commander and his two sub commanders. Should have been a match end, but instead it just sat there, no victory music or winning UI. Unfortunately, I saved after this and now when I try to continue the battle after exiting, it fails to load the reply. So while I can't offer any help, it looks like you might not be the only one with this problem :/
  8. RedNXT

RedNXT New Member

Restarted the same match as before with the orange commander. Beat them all and still the game did not end. I could build things though, so I used a Halley to crash into my commander as well as destroy my sub-commander. This commander extinction resulted in a victory for me. Yay?
  9. Dazzerer

Dazzerer New Member

Me to im getting this problem alot, ive lost 2 galactic wars due to similar bugs :(
  10. ripperx69

ripperx69 New Member

I was fighting against an orange commander. I killed him and the got all of the notifications as his bases were destroyed and then nothing. The game kept going with no victory screen. When I tried to use the chronocam the game locked up. I then had to use Alt F4. I restarted the client and was extremely upset when my game and commander were gone. Nothing in archived. Nothing in replays. Just gone.