Suggestion: Campaign Mode

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by cptmanuel, May 15, 2015.

?

Do you think SPCs can help you do better in Multiplayer?

1. Perhaps (post your reason for this idea)

100.0%
  2. I don't think so (post your reason against this idea)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe, if this is considered into it (post a suggestion for this idea)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. cptmanuel

cptmanuel New Member

In order to give players more power over their creativity, in terms of storylines, a new type of mode is to be established. Dubbed, Campaign Mode, there are two variants, a standard campaign story, and a custom one made by players for players. This is a sure-fire method to actually get players, mod authors, and system authors involved in the perpetual development of this RTS. With this new play mode, not only can we play a campaign developed by you the game authors, but also other campaigns made by the most talented mod authors and system cartographers. This is something I believe the majority of RTS players would want to expand their creativity. In lieu of a creation in lore, I think a suite of tools might be needed to make the above goal possible. I look forward to hearing back from you devs.

-Nicholas Manuel (cptmanuel)

UPDATE: Oops, I never thought Galactic War superseded the concept. But I still want a story-driven campaign.
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
  2. mysticalfists

mysticalfists Member

Don't know exactly what you're thinking, but I like the idea of player driven campaigns. I've worked on full conversion mods for other games and I'm thinking more along the lines of us being able to create a galaxy similar to the random galaxy generated in Galactic War. Could use that to recreate spaces from outside sources like Star Wars, Star Trek, Stargate, etc. Might also add incentive for more new unit models to fit those spaces.

Planetary Annihilation: Supreme Commander Edition!~
  3. cptmanuel

cptmanuel New Member

What we could use in Galactic War, is the ability to rename the factions. As well as have the engine create a Galactic War based on the background the player provides for his custom faction. I suppose a keyword-based procedural generator, would help.

The more descriptive the player is about his universe in the backstory. The more accurate the player's Galactic War will turn out. That's what I think is missing, is that if the player won't describe how his universe should be depicted, then Galactic Wars will always have a random aspect that will throw the player off.