why replay stop?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by trojans, May 3, 2015.

1. trojans

trojans Member

hi, now, since 2-3 months, lasts games dont have replays on the list replay, and everyday 1 replay is delete on my list, why?

sorry for my bad eng
    Planktum likes this.
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

I think they only show the last 90 days or so? Then again, I am missing some replays as well.
    You may want to install the PA Stats mod, which (amongst other things) save the lobby ID, so you can always find it again.
    You get get that mod through PAMM.
  3. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

As far as we know they are removed from online hosting in 90 days. So games that are older than 90 days aren't shown anymore. They are on cold storage however. This saves Uber a lot of money since keeping data available costs money.

And it could be that you have been playing offline games, they don't record replays unless you save them explicitly by saving the game. Or it is due to the save and load work that replays are broken.
  4. trojans

trojans Member

i have pa stat mod and my recents replay (this week) dont appear
  5. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

trojans likes this.
  6. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

@forrestthewoods sent me this a few weeks back, but unfortunately I have not been provided with an update on the matter...

"We've found that some games take quite awhile to save and then upload a replay file. There's a separate process that scrapes end game data to store in a database for the replay browser to use. If the replay takes too long to save and upload then that browser process misses the files. So all your replays are safe and sound, the browser just doesn't know how to find them.

I don't have an ETA on a fix. It requires a chunk of work to rejigger a few different things to make sure that all the operations which need to be done are guaranteed to be completed and in the correct order.

In the meantime if you save the lobbyid before entering a game you will always be able to access the replay for that game. Not a great solution but it's at least something you can do this instant.

Thanks for your help in tracking this down."
    Remy561, mkrater and trojans like this.