When I try to launch PA my screen goes solid pink and stays there until crash

Discussion in 'Support!' started by thundercleez, May 2, 2015.

1. thundercleez

thundercleez Member

As the title says, launching PA just gives me a pink screen that hangs around for a minute or so and then the launcher crashes. I have an i7-920 and a 7850 and my graphics drivers are up to date.
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Try installing this specific version of DirectX: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

If that doesn't help, could you post your DxDiag.txt? Press <WinKey>+R, type "dxdiag", and press "Save All Information...". Upload the resulting file here using the Upload a File button on this forum.
  3. thundercleez

thundercleez Member

No luck. Even restarted after installing.

Attached Files:

4. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

Hello,

Have you tried updating your graphics drivers?
    Code:
    Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
    Driver Version: 14.501.1003.0
    Driver Date/Size: 11/20/2014 22:44:20, 1348928 bytes
    You may want to download the latest AMD Beta drivers listed at the bottom of this page and see if that fixes the pink screen:
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows 7 - 64

Also, are you using any programs from this list?
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/2/558751813508748383/
  5. thundercleez

thundercleez Member

I ran AMD's auto-detect driver updater and it said my drivers were up to date.

I do have Bandicam installed. But it's not running while playing.
  6. kjotak109

Well, have you tried downloading and installing the beta drivers that I listed? They are from 2015, but your drivers are from 2014.
  7. thundercleez

thundercleez Member

Tried the beta drivers and uninstalling bandicam. I still just get a pink screen. Kind of odd since I was always able to play fine in beta.
  8. DeathByDenim

Yeah, that is kind of weird. Though they did do a huge amount of optimizations in the mean time of course. The pink screen means that the Coherent UI not starting properly and in the past that was always the missing DirectX dlls that you already have, so I'm not sure what's causing it now.

Could try a scan of your system files with sfc /scannow? See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833 for details.
    You will need to reboot afterwards if it found errors.

If that doesn't help, could you try a clean boot and see if that does anything? See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135 for details on that.
  9. DeathByDenim

Oh, another idea. You haven't played a while, so the UberLauncher may just be too much out of date. Can you try redownloading it from https://store.uberent.com/download/pa and then hit [VERIFY] a couple of time (2 or 3 times or so)? It may simply be due to missing files. Actually, I'm pretty sure that this is the solution.
  10. thundercleez

thundercleez Member

Redownloading from the store is the 1st thing I tried. But I'm not sure what you mean by hit verify.
  11. kjotak109

Open the Uber Launcher and sign in. Once you have signed in, you will find the verify button to the right of the play button as shown in the picture below.

launcher.JPG
  12. thundercleez

thundercleez Member

Lol! If I could open the Uber Launcher, I wouldn't need this post :) Like I said, I just get a solid pink screen when I try to open it.
  13. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Have you tried using steam? Alternativley you could try deleting everything from the uberentertainment folder in your local folder. A lot of the stuff there is outdated and you may have an old mod trying to run that you are not aware of.
  14. DeathByDenim

Oh, right. Sorry. I got it in my head that it was PA that was pink. :)

For the Steam route, you need to convert your key to a Steam key though. And for that you need to contact Uber Support.
    The easier way is to try the alternative launcher. That one most definitely will not give you a pink screen.
  15. thundercleez

thundercleez Member

The alternative launcher doesn't work for me. It successfully opens, but it fails to run the PA.exe because it's trying to use a path that doesn't exist. It appends bin_x64 onto the end of the PA install directory path and is also trying to launch an executable called PA.exe. Neither of these exist, possibly because I haven't been able to start the launcher to download them as an update.
  16. DeathByDenim

So what happens when you use the alternative launcher to download and install PA?
  17. thundercleez

thundercleez Member

I don't see any way of doing something like that from the alt launcher. What I did get working was downloading PA on my laptop, then transferring all the downloaded files over to my desktop and launching the PA executable directly instead of going through the launcher. It seems like it's just the launcher that's broken on my desktop.
  18. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

19. DeathByDenim

There should be a "Download and Install" button in the alternative launcher. It will download PA to the specified directory. Does the launcher look different for you than the image below?
    [​IMG]
  20. thundercleez

thundercleez Member

It does look different. Though now I see the download and install button. I must have blanked it out of my mind since it was grayed out.

Attached Files: