Hotfix Build 80462

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mkrater, April 14, 2015.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Well you have a line now as well, it just shows the direct way that is impossible for anything not air.
  2. elodea

elodea Post Master General

gonna need more than a hotfix to make this game playable.
    ace63 and xankar like this.
  3. aapl2

aapl2 Active Member

Well I mean we've know that for months now.
  4. elodea

well recently its been pretty bad since march patch. Units literally driving through mountains. Commanders walking into CSG's and becoming invulnerable. The general unit pathing mess, unresponsive ui, can't see metal incomes in replays, frequent coherent ui crashes, frequent game crashes, attack move bugged, unit targeting and prioritisation unresponsive.

Could go on and on, the point being there are alot of bugs that are severely impacting playability.
    zihuatanejo and n00n like this.
  5. arm2thecore

arm2thecore Active Member

Last edited: April 18, 2015
  6. earth75

earth75 Member

In this patch I've had my first Coherent UI crash ever. At the beginning of a local game, I got to the system view with the spawning circles. The band at the bottom of the screen was not there and when I clicked inside my spawn area, the red confirm button did not show up, and I had to restart everything.
  7. MadGreyOne

MadGreyOne Member

Most of the time when I see this issue it is corrected by pressing f5 to refresh. This restarts the loading process, so if you system normally takes 20 seconds to load up, give it another 20 seconds after you hit f5. I have seen this not work, but its like 95% successful for me.
  8. zx0

zx0 Well-Known Member

Happens to me as well.
    igncom1 likes this.
  9. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

I have had that.

I also hate the buggynes around the idle fabber thing. Some times the unit in question that is dead shows up as idle, sometimes clicking on the tab it's self selects idle fabbers, some times not. And advanced fabbers show up twice.

My precious jimmys.
  10. elodea

sometimes fabbers which have no orders, are clearly idle and are right on screen don't even get picked up by the select idle hotkey.
    xankar and igncom1 like this.
  11. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I feel like the save patch was a sour-sweet combo.
  12. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I frequently get this on my first few fabbers. Many builds ago they would get picked up as soon as they started walking out of the factory, now it seems they need to stand around for several seconds (or maybe just until I get impatient and click on it)
  13. igncom1

Spectating FFA also seems to be a bit buggy to me, no UI and even some of the bots just stop working correctly :x
  14. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

What happened to the game? It used to have a healthy update schedule. But now since they have implemented saves all of that is completely gone. Do you have something big to anounce or is it simply too difficult to get saves done right?.
  15. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

It's at once per month roughly. That's not really slow. Especially with the PTE's sprinkled in between. Also, from what I understand it's bugfixing month this time.
  16. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Save and load was implemented as soon as a part worked, so now they update every time they get a new big feature of the save and load working. Like first we had local only, then playfab, then local Galactic War saving and now Galactic War playfab. So the next step will probably be the loading from any point in a replay. I don't know if they are going to implement multiplayer saving, if so, that might come first.

The problem is, implementing saving and loading from replay now instead from the start is that it is very hard to get working correctly and they can only push an update when its is very stable. So it simply takes more time and thus moves away from the end of the month update schedule.

Next to save and load it is bugfixing and polish as DeathByDemin said. Also they are working on bigger features like asteroids and improvements to the Galactic War in the background, but these features first need to be fun before they will be a 100% confirmed.
  17. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

I guess they had to do it, but it's a shame as I will literally never save a game.

It's about the least exciting thing they've developed.
  18. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

"It's about the least exciting thing for you, they've developed".
    It's all about perspective. :)
    Especially for Galactic War players, this was a highly requested feature.
    Remy561 likes this.
  19. igncom1

Now if they actually develop the Galactic War, then we might be cooking.
  20. lostmekka

lostmekka Member

It is very sad, but true...
    I am currently at the point at which I know I should probably play some training games, but I rarely do because it is quite frustrating.
    The thing that annoys me the most is the chronocam resource bug... especially since chronocam vision has been fixed, but resources are still frozen.

*edit*
    Forgot to mention: Automatch sometimes stays in idle screen for 2min before starting the search and if an opponent is found and both players have accepted, it still counts down to zero and nothing happens afterwards...
    This usually kills all that is left of my training ambition.
    Last edited: April 21, 2015
    xankar likes this.