How I miss the 90s. RADICAL, DUDE!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Quitch, April 10, 2015.

1. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

TWINE (The World Is Not Enough) was better than Goldeneye in every way (apart from the more open environments)
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

youth is actually often beneficial when it comes to becoming a code master.
  3. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

There are no young Germans, only Germans who aren't yet as old as the rest!

(I'm so sorry, go make fun of America again so I feel better!)

Oh speaking of- I remember living in Germany as a young kid and seeing a group of German kids, I said "sprechen Sie Englisch?", or "Do you speak English?" In German and getting laughed at.. HEATHENS! </3
  4. tatsujb

well nowadays they almost all speak english. I has there for a week and english was enough.
    tunsel11 likes this.
  5. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Man that brings back memories, I grew up watching my older brother and dad playing these games and played a few myself (spent ungodly amounts of time playing original AoE and TA, if we had steam back then I expect the 'time played' would make my eyes water). I listened to the Jazz jackrabbit soundtrack just the other day, that brought back memories. But future cop I had completely forgotten: that was a really great game. I can still picture the environments and I probably last saw them when I was ~7 years old.

Edit: also, masters of Orion anyone?
  6. tatsujb

7. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

yea master of orion was THE stuff when it comes to 4X
    played MoO2 though ... me and my brother used to play civ on snes on a small tv back then as well and l just sat there playing turn after turn ...

and then there was metal marines ... the first time you launched a nuke in that game even though it had no propper explosion effect but just a white flash and the same launch and impact sound like normal missiles but when it started ... omg that size :D
  8. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Anyone else old enough to remember warcraft 2 and tyrian when they came out (both dos games)? Tyrian is now available foc (search for open tyrian) and to me is the ultimate scrolling space shooter, sod r-type :p

Also did anyone ever play decent? There's a kickstarter for a sequel currently :)
  9. phattmattslimm

phattmattslimm New Member

Pull out my walking frame...

I recall my old XT playing awesome wireframe games and then upgrade to a 386-DX40 in '93 and was the envy of my mates playing Dune II [upgrading to a soundcard and a massive 4Mb of RAM to get the ingame speech going], DOOM 1 and 2 and the X-Wing and TIE-Fighter series. And the original CnC in '95 [from memory]. Oh, and Wing Commander 2, 3 and 4 were awesome on a Pentium 1 at 90 - 160Mhz

Thank god for GOG to give me my nostalgia fix... I'm getting all teary. :p
    cdrkf likes this.
  10. Devak

Devak Post Master General

I went to Germany once. Said something in german. Guy (an actual german) replies in english.

not sure if it was a force of habit or i'm just bad at german.

Also, N64, Mario Kart, Super Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing.
  11. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Yes to the above.

Also, I miss Megaman Legends :(
  12. cdrkf

I know and played all those, although I missed ever owning a 386, I went 286 to 486 (although that dx40 was a beast at the time. Faster than the early 486 chips and the first 32bit x86 chip :)).

Also loved tie fighter (something about playing the bad guys is fun). I would have loved a wing command game playing as the kilrathi :p
  13. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I got my first PC in 1997, got a free copy of TA with it. The days when if someone tried ringing my house I got disconnected and had to redial back up. And also extrememly high phone bills. Paying for Internet by the minute was nasty.
  14. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Where is the Commodore 64 love? I guess I just went past the 90s...
    Raid on Bungeling Bay was awesome though!
  15. cdrkf

That's old-school... I was a spectrum guy, never got my hands on a commador. Also don't forget the Atari! :)
  16. tatsujb

this is so massively off-topic xD

I now absolutetely refure to believe those topics moves i used to get weren't by per personae
  17. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

It's very much relevant to the title though. So, no, not off-topic per se. :)
    cdrkf likes this.