Please don't change the starting eco any more!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by slocke, April 12, 2015.

1. slocke

slocke Active Member

Honestly changing the starting eco is just annoying. I haven't felt the game has improved as a result of the last one. It has just been annoying that I have to relearn timings and build orders. Find something and stick with it.
    Last edited: April 12, 2015
    mjshorty and Nicb1 like this.
  2. sebovzeoueb

sebovzeoueb Active Member

I think they are still trying to find something.
    xankar and cola_colin like this.
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I feel they found it and now they can stick with it and move on to other balance issues.
  4. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

I hope so!
  5. elodea

elodea Post Master General

It is being tweaked to better achieve the design objectives. Exactly because you didn't feel it improved over the last one in practice, and neither did the devs so it seems.

But really, let's not make more fuss than we need to about 250 less energy consumption.
    Quitch, zihuatanejo and sebovzeoueb like this.
  6. slocke

slocke Active Member

Tweaking is fine. I was more referring to the bigger, more extreme changes to the starting eco.
  7. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

Yeah, they're definitely not going to change it now they've read your post.

Actually, they'll do what they like if they think it's better for the game at the time of doing it.
  8. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

why not keep energy consumption the same as it was and increase commander energy generation rate to what it was previously?
  9. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Build one more power gen, gg.

The fact that this minor change actually has an impact though means the maps are bot big enough.

I haven't played 1v1 in a month just because giant FFA maps are insanely fun (and the new performance improvements have allowed so), all because you get to play sim city with 300 factories (joking, mostly, because 1v1 maps with 2000 metal spots would be dumb.)