Ring Out A Juiced Player Bonus/Stat/Award

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by GheP, February 14, 2011.

1. GheP

GheP New Member

Would be a cool thing to get $25 extra bucks for a ring out on a player who's juiced. I mean, it could potentially be a momentous turn for your team to knock out a juiced tank or assassin. All the turrets just sighed a sigh of relief to see that glowing figure ejected.

Would also be cool for there to be a stat/award for it! :D
  2. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Separate ProTags for Ringing Out and Grappling a Juiced Pro would be brilliant, as they would make people attack Juicers instead of running away while they break everything.
  3. GheP

GheP New Member

Yea, ProTags, that's what they're called! :D
  4. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

This would probably lead to everyone being assault, since it is the easiest class to ring someone out with, with not much danger to himself.

1) Point in general direction of juiced player
    2) Press Red skill button @ lvl3
    3) Get $75 ringout bonus + Juice ringout bonus

I'm going to have to say no to this. Heck no.
  5. Heegu

Heegu New Member

So you are suggesting that everyone would play assault solely because of this change? It's not like everyone is juiced 24/7 and that there are no walls to prevent ring outs and that the assaults couldn't just fly back to the stage.
  6. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Why stop at Ring Outs? Why not any player who makes contact with an enemy who is juiced. By contact I mean an attack move not just bumping into them. Grapple, Melee, Shoot, Slash, any attack.

Now how would you balance the reward. Would the player getting the kill earn the full reward while those who "assisted" get an assist reward. Or just a flat rate reward? A juice Pro could mean an extra $50 to all who attack or an extra $75 for the player who killed the juiced Pro with those who assisted get $25?

I also think there should be added Protags for killing a Juiced Pro in a certain way or just attacking one in general. 10, 100, 1000, etc. Grapples on a Juiced enemy, Kills of a juiced player, Juiced killed a Juiced Pro?
  7. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

The ringout bonus is enough by itself. Anything more is just kind of a big F U to assassin and Support, the two classes without a ring out grapple.

However, I think you should be rewarded for killing a juiced pro. Like $50. But not in addition to a ringout, which already earns the most money. Even more so if you taunt. $75(Ro)+$50(taunt) = $125
  8. GheP

GheP New Member

I like the idea of contact/kill/grapple with an enemy juiced player. I didn't think about other classes that don't have ring-out grappling capabilities (sorry!).
  9. Raconteur02

Raconteur02 New Member

I like this idea on a conceptual level. It sounds fun.

The fatal flaw, however, is this - your juice should not ever benefit the other team. That's bad.