PTE Build 80155-pte is now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mkrater, March 25, 2015.

1. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

No, neural net training is running AI on AI games, I can do the same thing, I just can't enable the training.
  2. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

Some where earlier in this thread someone said something about PA having trouble in population and should be marketed more, I still think that someone should make little animated shorts with the PA comms and units. The design of the game fits so well with short and funny animations! That is my opinion.
  3. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Just updated OP. Hoping to push this PTE to Live tomorrow. :)
    kayonsmit101 and killerkiwijuice like this.
  4. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

5. tenaciousc

tenaciousc Active Member

When that happens and my game is updated, will my current GW game still load? And will the new save function work with that game, assuming it loads?
  6. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

If you've saved a local Galactic War game in the PTE and we push the build to Live, it should still remain as an option to play in Live. If not, this would be a bug.
  7. imperatorurist

imperatorurist Member

AoE on air still.... at least remove the assist command and maybe give a few units that have AA attacks a small AoE rather then having flying bombs.
  8. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

Ooooh, this PTE might be when I start playing PA again! I've been giving PA a rest for two or three weeks or so, for various reasons - I still love PA :D
  9. Quitch

"Fix to how AI expands to other planets" is listed in both 80155 and 79896, was it fixed twice or is this a duplicate? Commander arm changes is listed twice too.

Also, did the AI air neural net get updated before or after the AoE removal? :)

Updated AI land neural net data is definitely an accidental duplicate as the date on the file is from the previous PTE.
    Last edited: April 7, 2015
  10. Quitch

The Advanced Combat Fabber is missing UNITTYPE_Offense.
  11. Quitch

I don't know if this is related to the changes in AI pathfinding or just a pre-existing bug:

2015-04-07_00003.jpg

AI commander stuck trying to build a naval factory. Eventually gives up after about five minutes and builds another factory on land and continues to operate normally thereafter.

It wasn't sliding up and down the factory either.
    Last edited: April 7, 2015
  12. doomrater

doomrater Active Member

You're seeing duplicate statuses because they REVERTED changes. Assume if it's not listed in 80155, it was taken out.
    stuart98 likes this.
  13. tenaciousc

tenaciousc Active Member

I've never participated in the PTE. My existing game is vanilla. I'm hoping that when this update goes live that I will be able to continue it and use the save function.
  14. truthtaco

truthtaco New Member

Game no longer alerts you when someone is building a halley or annihilazer.
  15. Quitch

Last edited: April 9, 2015
    cmdrflop and igncom1 like this.
  16. doomrater

doomrater Active Member

By any chance did you have orbital and deepspace radar when this event happened?
  17. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

can you please fix the pa.exe crashing bug & the game crashing in general? & also upon reconnect there are no visible units so the games over...Major bug will it be fixed in the next patch?
  18. truthtaco

truthtaco New Member

Yes I did. But it's a moot point now, seems its being fixed :)
  19. slocke

slocke Active Member

Why has death weapon not been removed? It does not actually deal with the issue of air units stack as people can and will still continue to stack their air. Why will they do that? Simply because they can.

All the death weapon does in actuality is add a random element to air trading. The higher the number of air you have the greater your chance that when your air unit dies it will damage the other units around it. So lets say that if you have 100 air units there will be 5% chance that when one of your units dies it will deal damage to your units. (Disclaimer: I didn't actually do the math). That is why I think it is a stupid mechanic and it should be removed. Feel free to give me and pros you have for why death weapon should stay in the game.

Why have they still not addressed the auto landing complaint?
  20. xtr0nx

xtr0nx New Member

A top of the line alienware laptop with 2 gtx 880m's on windows 7.. apparently can't play uber ;) Set it down to medium and it works fine. Sadness :D Used to be able to play the older verions on the top graphics.