PA Global Voice chat?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by reptarking, April 2, 2015.

?

PA Global Voice Chat

1. Awesome!

17 vote(s)
    60.7%
  2. Cool but you not use much

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  3. Would not use ever but good idea.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. bad idea

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

Who would be interested in a Global voice chat for PA that would be open to all to join, and play games with the community in? would have sections for Team games, Clans, Tournaments, Other games, Ranked, Training/Coaching, Streaming, and much more. I have a deal offered to me right now that 200 people server for only 15$ a month.

You would not have to talk, you can just join it to hangout with the community and chill.
    cdrkf likes this.
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

wait, is it like a teamspeak thing or...?

I think there should be a vanilla global chat first.
  3. reptarking

Gamevox 200 person server for really good deal im looking into, would be based out of USA. and I don't think we will ever get a global chat, atleast not for a long long time. we have PAchat ingame with mods and I think that is as we will get on that front. @jables is there any plans in the future at all for a global chat?
    cdrkf likes this.
  4. jables

jables Uber Employee

Not currently, no. We don't have the resources to moderate it as would be needed once it became an official thing.
  5. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I'm sure much of the community would be up for moderating a global text chat, I'd volunteer. ;)

(Free labour!)
    stuart98 and cdrkf like this.
  6. reptarking

its a public image thing though, if one of the moderators does something wrong then it looks bad on there company in effect. its understandable that volonteer moderators dont work
  7. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

voice? .... VOOOOICCCE? as an listening to you guys and global even? ... F**K NO!
  8. pownie

pownie Active Member

And they be like "mods are not asleep, post ponies!"
    nateious and stuart98 like this.
  9. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Pony :D
    nateious likes this.
  10. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

this is a great idea. C.F. faf's opt-in linked mumble. puts you in match and team side-specific automatically created channels.
  11. reptarking

It would be modded the same way PAChat is, by community members that are individuals who have been around the PA community for a long time and any power abuse would just have there powers removed. I would never attempt it if i thought this community didn't have a level of maturity to talk to one another without a flame fight
    cdrkf and tunsel11 like this.
  12. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

hmm...
    no
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  13. reptarking

need a bit more votes before i go with it or not, people that have said no could you possibly say reasons why and if there would be ways to make it a better place for all?
  14. ORFJackal

ORFJackal Active Member

I voted at first no, but depending on how it's done, it could also be yes. I have bad experiences of games where the voice chat is built into the game and you can't avoid it; there are always some griefers in public games. But if it's opt-in and it's possible to create private chat channels, then it would be good.

How does Gamevox compare to for example TeamSpeak in things like sound quality, voice activation and volume normalization?
  15. reptarking

Gamevox to me Even connected to burning Australia server is really good