Is See through cover unbalanced?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by tinygod, February 17, 2011.

?

Which class benefits most for see through cover

1. Assassin

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  2. Assault

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Gunner

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  4. Sniper

16 vote(s)
    66.7%
  5. Support

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  6. Tanks

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Skizzen

Skizzen New Member

I really don't see the problem with something on a perfectly symetrical map being more useful to one class rather than another. The game is red vs blue, not class vs class. If the other team is using it and its becoming a real powerful advantage for them, then copy it and do it yourself. Balance is then restored between the teams.

Good snipers are rough to be against, with or without their devistating ally glass.

Theres a picture for this thread but its too early in the morning to be drawing people getting furious at windows. Just picture it in your head, theres a guy and he is really really angry at a pane of glass and its beutiful. Whilst your at it play some radiohead.
  2. tinygod

tinygod New Member

thank you for personally attacking me, and my character, instead of addressing any issues I brought up, in regards to the game...

seriously thanks.. its super awesome of you

and I was talking about how see through cover makes this game unique compared to other games... more than any other aspects..
    Last edited: February 18, 2011
  3. tinygod

tinygod New Member

DOUBLE POST
    Last edited: February 18, 2011
  4. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

[​IMG]
  5. tinygod

tinygod New Member

WHAT?
  6. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Just proving that I have a funny cat picture for every occasion. :D
  7. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

:|
    All in all:
    The Sniper was mentioned 7 times.
    The Assault once.
    The Assassin once.
    The Support is forgotten.
    The Gunner is forgotten. (Unless we count mentioning mortar as Remembered, +1.)
    The Tank is forgotten.

Do I sense another attempt of pointing out snipers are OP despite what you said earlier? :)

On Topic:

Every class benefits from seeing through glass.
  8. eternal

eternal New Member

See through glass does benefit snipers more than any other class. But it doesn't make them unbalanced.

On the flip side it also allows every other class to try and look for a sniper from relative safety.

-----

BTW just because something is available to everyone equally in a game does not make the game balanced. That is a horrible fallacy many people seem to believe and it needs to die.

For the most part I'd say see through glass is used correctly and sparingly enough in the maps other than GrenADEIII that it is balanced.
  9. Uncle_Coord

Uncle_Coord New Member

Im surprised nobody has mentioned this, but this game is third person... by standing against a wall and turning a little you can see around any corner anyway...
  10. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

You weren't the first, yet this one thing, mentioned TWICE, has broken this stupid repeat of a "sniper is OP" arguement. Snipers can see around non-glass walls, so can tanks and everyone else. If anything, it's BETTER that you can peek the corner and see the sniper from across the map behind a glass wall.
    What's your paypal Tinygod? :lol: :lol: :lol:

OP, Go Here!
  11. Crispy

Crispy New Member

Tinygod, i just registered to say that I've never seen you make a post that wasn't about how OP snipers and sins are.

Just chill and play the game. :p
  12. WylieTimes

WylieTimes New Member

I like the see-through barriers.
    They help every class.
    They do help Snipers more.
    But this isn't an issue with the barriers.

Nerfing visibility will not fix any perceived issues with Snipers.
    Though it will lead to bad gameplay changes as explained in previous posts.
    Such as camping.
  13. Providence

Providence New Member

Without see through, everyone would just hide behind cover and wait until someone comes out. Sounds pretty boring to me.
  14. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

15. Maktaka

Maktaka New Member

See through cover helps Gunners the most. Here's why:

Gunners uses 3rd person view to look around corner.
    Gunner sees Sniper using only available cover at his sniping point to scout for targets: the glass wall.
    Gunner goes the other way instead of having to step out and get shot in the head to find out if a sniper is there.
  16. GheP

GheP New Member

He's not so bright.
  17. tinygod

tinygod New Member

yeah we just played a round.. where you went 10/10 as a tank, on the team I was carrying.. with my 27 and 4. But you are so pro.

Than your excuse is what really made me laugh.

You said, it was because they had 3 snipers, and you couldnt do anything as a tank.. Do you not see the logic there?

1) you say snipers are fine
    2) you speak like you are sooo good at the game
    3) you get owned by 3 mediocre snipers
    4) you say snipers are why you couldnt do well

I laugh, at you coming to my post after we had it out in game, and trying to troll me.
  18. FatCatAttack

FatCatAttack New Member

Tinygod makes a good point; don't know what's with all the gnashing of the neckbeards responses though. While the glass helps everybody only the sniper is able to immediately take advantage of that information in a direct manner. Yes,the Assault and the Gunner can put our nades/mortars but the sniper has access to a hit scan weapon and just has to point and click...on a control scheme made for pointing and clicking while the former has to guesstimate parabolic trajectories and travel time.

Myself I play at a lower sensitivity and the speed decrease for the aim reticule slows it down way too much making me a terribad sniper. But if you are good at that sort of thing you'd be nigh unbeatable against the standard player in pubs.

Map design is definitely the weakest part of MNC but patching new map replacements is not likely gonna happen so as far as a fix to a bad situation goes:

1. Increase the skill requirements to snipe by
    a. Removing the Headshot entirely leaving only body shots
    b. Make a travel time for the snipers bullet so you have to lead targets
    2. Give them a damage fall off like the Assault (IMO the Assaults range is too short but
    that's another topic I guess)
    3. Hard cap the sniper (and probably the Assassin too) to one per team.
  19. WylieTimes

WylieTimes New Member

As someone who does think that the Sniper needs a nerf - even I think these nerfs would be far too much.

The Sniper would be completely useless after these changes.
  20. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

Because if you can't beat 3 people playing your strongest counter class at the same time, clearly this is a balance issue?