Progress on Reserved Slots?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Dedicated Server Discussion' started by sac0o01, February 7, 2011.

1. sac0o01

sac0o01 New Member

Any idea on when Reserved Slots may be available?

The new Standalone Ded Server package works great now. In fact...5 minutes after I stood it up it was full and I could not join myself. I can't get donations from group members to help pay the bill if they cannot join. I know there is a long "to do" list yet but I think this might be pretty important.
  2. Velijah

Velijah New Member

Same here. It would be nice to donate spots to regular players / supporters.

For now i need to cue on friends to get on my own server.
  3. faits

faits New Member

Ha, yeah. I had a buddy playing on my server the other night, and for some reason he couldn't get the adminkick working to clear me a spot. Had to wait an entire round for someone to leave.
  4. FlyveHest

FlyveHest New Member

Any official word on this?

More specifically, how are they going to implement it?

Actually locking slots seems a tad drastic, as 2 locked on a 12 person server is a but much, I would much prefer the last-in-last-out way of doing it, so if a reserved slotholder connects, the player with the least connectiontime is disconnected from the server.
  5. sac0o01

sac0o01 New Member

The mod I run on my CS:S server gives you the option: last player or highest ping. Right now I'd settle for anything.
  6. faits

faits New Member

even remote admin tools to manually kick people would be better than nothing
  7. Cryme

Cryme New Member

8. Stryfe

Stryfe New Member

^ This or autokicking the last joiner on connect would be greatly appreciated

Any plans for this you can let us in on Uber? Paying to run a server isn't as appealing when you can't play on it, or have to wait 15min to get on.
  9. iNilo

iNilo New Member

Yes, we need this !
    Or just give us a remote admin command line ;)
  10. sac0o01

sac0o01 New Member

Does anybody from Uber even read these forums? Just a simple "We are are working on it" would be nice. They did a great job pushing the HLDS package but it has been dead silent since.
  11. o

o Head Honcho Official PA

We are working on it.