Destravous's Planetary Construction Facility

Discussion in 'Mapping and stuff' started by destravous, January 31, 2015.

1. destravous

destravous Member

This thread will serve as a place to put all of my planetary creations. This will be updated as new maps are added.

Inspired by the hot platforms system. I attempted to create something with a similar idea but with support for more players. I present: Annihilaser Construction Site 7, and Annihilaser Misfire.

Both planets are essentially the same map, one has lava, and the other has water. They both are radius 1000, so there is some distance involved, and with 9 players it turns into an interesting game.

Below, the water planet (Annihilaser Construction Site 7):
    planet 1.png

And the lava (Annihilaser Misfire):
    planet 2.png

Some of the tips found in this thread:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/some-map-making-tips-rivers-bridges.67598/

Have been really helpful with getting the bridges working.

Suggestions, and constructive criticisms are welcome, enjoy!

From the suggestions below, I have created a 6 way ffa map. Ill let the pictures speak for themselves. The csg is placed on a metal planet base, not all of the catalysts can be placed due to the csg interfering, so it can be used as a regular planet.
    Delta 5 V2:
    Planet 2-1.PNG Planet 2-4.PNG planet 2-2.PNG Planet2-3.PNG

Stalemate simulator mk-2, not pictured, is the same map except it uses lava as a base instead of metal. All of the csg is the same.

Attached Files:

Last edited: February 14, 2015
    guest1, mrman123917 and snierke like this.
  2. mrman123917

mrman123917 New Member

They look very interesting, gonna have to try them out
  3. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

Looks like to much metal for my taste...
    ...anyways, I like the design approach. But it would be cool if you could design a 2v2v2v2v2 ShareArmy/1v1v1v1v1 map in that style as well!
  4. destravous

destravous Member

Just finished a game, was very fun.
    I don't think it has too much metal, remember, its 9 players so its split quite a bit, though I think the middle spawns need a rework as they become the focus of the the other spawns and thus much harder to defend.

Ill have to try a 1v1v1v1v1 map, there a particular reason for that many players? if I do 6 way FFA, I could have a spawn at each "side" (as if the planet was a cube), that might be interesting.

Also, all the bridges are actually the trenches from the metal planet, set to additive and inverted. I had originally had them as normal trenches, but the pathing did not work on the lava planet. Apparently anything below the surface on the lava planet is not pathable no matter what. It might be different on the water planet though, and if so would allow naval "bridges" over the trenches, would look really cool I think. Will diffidently do some more experimenting in this respect.

anyway, here are some pics from the last game: planet 4.png

planet 3.PNG planet 5.png
    guest1 likes this.
  5. mrman123917

mrman123917 New Member

playing the map a bit, i thought that adding metal into the water could encourage more naval play, that I think would be a very interesting addition and add to the game
  6. destravous

destravous Member

Just added two more maps: Delta 5 V2 and Stalemate simulator mk-2, see first post.
    reptarking likes this.
  7. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

Yes, as you could use that one for ShareArmy games! (cause current maximum of players is 10...)
  8. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

Can i add these to the CMP?
  9. destravous

destravous Member

Go Ahead!