Question for Linux users

Discussion in 'Support!' started by jables, March 2, 2015.

1. Sekuraz

Sekuraz Member

there is another bug: some times the ui is completely stuck and the only help is to alt+f4 and reconnect (I found no other method)
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Only way to workaround it is use "--software-ui".
  3. jhnphm

jhnphm New Member

I'm having the above issues w/ the stuck UI in the latest build, and in addition when restarting the game and reconnecting, it freezes and takes out the entire xserver with it. I'm using the mesa drivers with Arch Linux and --software-ui. Possibly an Xorg/kernel bug though, since applications aren't supposed to take them out, but odd that it only and consistently happens when reconnecting. I think I had the reconnect issue in the last build too, but since CoherentUI didn't crash it wasn't as bad, and I think the last build without this at all was just prior to when submarines were introduced.

Link to log of starting PA, starting a ranked match, close after freeze, then attempting to reconnect and having the xserver crash. It seems CoherentUI segfaults somewhere.
    http://pastebin.com/frd08g7X
    Last edited: March 23, 2015
  4. jorgenpt

jorgenpt Uber Programmer Uber Alumni

This sounds like it could be a bug we just recently reported to Coherent Labs. If it is the same issue, then they have been successful in reproducing it internally, and they are working on a fix. We'll include the fix in an upcoming build as soon as we have it.
    cdrkf, Fistons, SXX and 1 other person like this.
  5. jhnphm

jhnphm New Member

6. uggla88

uggla88 New Member

I confirm, I got the same several time during a game. (build 79600)
    However it looks like to happen more often with 8 players games than 1 vs 1.
  7. uggla88

uggla88 New Member

Hello,

Short list of bug I currently face with build 79600.

- PA#4360 - UI randomly freezes when mousing over build menus (see above, most annoying bug)
    - Looks like "Chronocam stat figures after game not working" is back.
    - Starting PA with option "--uioptions startpa://replay=6651824744993064260" seems to trigger an empty region parameter.
    (https://forums.uberent.com/threads/info-how-to-open-replay-links.59212/page-3#post-1078399)
    - Video from main menu can't be played for a long time, it was the case with old builds. However watch replay from top players works.

I will appreciate to know if these bugs are shared with other players.

Best regards.
    René
  8. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

The --uioptions thing doesn't seem to cause trouble for me (Kubuntu 14.04). Either with or without the PA Stats mod. Your replay does seem to be broken though, but not related to empty regions. It won't play either way.

And, yeah, the other three are known, though the ChronoCam one isn't Linux specific, I think. I've seen it happen during casts as well.
  9. tekkenfreak

tekkenfreak New Member

I've gone ahead and added a new bug to get the web browser stuff to work in PA. Basically the game is using a Debian-specific way of opening the browser (x-www-browser) instead of the one that works everywhere (xdg-open.) Should be an easy fix if Mikeyh is right in his explanation of this to me :) Task #4367
  10. DeathByDenim

I don't think that's right. At least, I run Kubuntu 14.04 and typing x-www-browser in the terminal does indeed open a browser. However, when I click on the video links in PA, nothing happens. I only get this in the log:
    Code:
    [22:33:21.690] INFO [COUI] PID: 14699 | 14699 02:33:21.678148 [14699:14699:ERROR:browser_main_loop.cc(191)] GTK theme error: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "oxygen-gtk",

Twice actually, but subsequent clicks on the videos don't add anything to the log.
  11. dukyduke

dukyduke Active Member

For unit groups, I'm using the dfault key bindings.

It's not linked to the key bindings configuration as the problem is the same when entering the login/password in game inerface or trying to use these key to define key bindings...
  12. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Do clicks on http links in PA Chat do the same thing?
  13. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I doubt it's easy to fix if this even possible to fix at all.
    Pretty sure that it's Chromium / Coherent have hardcoded way to open links.

Coherent is built against Ubuntu 12.04 libraries and Uber don't have any access to source code or anything.
  14. cola_colin

Uber has an engine call that does something within native PA code to open browsers, so this is not a coherent thing.
    SXX likes this.
  15. tekkenfreak

tekkenfreak New Member

Yes, Ubuntu is based on Debian, so it works there. It's kept around for things like the old Debian menu system, as far as I can tell, but it doesn't work on any distro not based on Debian.
  16. DeathByDenim

I just tested this. Links in PA Chat don't work either. But it is slightly different though as I get a notify-send error in the KDE4 message indicator. I don't get that for clicking on video links. It also happens only once. Every subsequent click won't generate a new error.
  17. cola_colin

They are different engine calls. The chat uses a generic "open url in browser" call, the youtube videos use a "open video call by video id". They may be implemented in different ways.
  18. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Then it's should be possible of course.
  19. uggla88

uggla88 New Member

Hello @DeathByDenim,
    Thanks for your answer.

You are right. I tested couple of previous game replays and it works fine.
    Sorry for disturbing you and @cola_colin about this as it looks like this is only an issue with some replays I have.

Best regards.
    René
  20. Fistons

Fistons New Member

Can you tell us if there is any improvement lately?

Thanks!