The Sniper Nerf. Let's discuss idea's :D

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Shurryy, February 18, 2011.

1. grimbar

grimbar New Member

I said it was an incentive not a deterrent, read my sig. I wasn't being sarcastic.
  2. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

I understood exactly what you meant. It seems you were the one who didn't get my post.
  3. WylieTimes

WylieTimes New Member

Seriously?
    You're that opposed to any balance changes to the Sniper?

If the Sniper is nerfed, just get back on your horse and keep owning noobs.
    As you seem to be a skilled Sniper according to these boards, surely you wouldn't have any issues. Just a playstyle change.
  4. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Clarification: uber doesn't depend on my presence and I don't depend on them, if they choose their way it'll be good for some; it just won't be my cup of tea.

If you seriously consider that I think of myself that highly -> think again.
  5. nSmoothCritical

nSmoothCritical New Member

I can't help myself but laugh at your inet hatred towards that guy. He only attempted once what you do all the time, more than that - he was trolling you all along and you still don't get it. You should visit ETF2L.org forums from time to time.

It's MNC for crying out loud. If you can't have some fun from playing a casual video game, then there is something really wrong with your attitude. Games, by definiton, are meant to entertain.
  6. WylieTimes

WylieTimes New Member

l2adapt

Is all I'm going to say >.>
  7. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

just because something is made to entertain doesn't mean it can't make you mad, when i bring up the scoreboard and im beating my whole team money wise by around 2k, i just want to be able to strangle them for being so stupid but ah well
  8. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

I find assassin players rather annoying that they can juice off killing your bots so easily. This is one of 3 best ways to prevent assassin juice. Of course, I am not too upset, since this has been begged for since xbox and the devs are NOT interested in changing explosive rounds. Keep begging. They'll ignore. Have been ignoring for months. Nothing new. I'm not worried.

Rate of fire, i've already discussed how I will start playing gunner and hand out so many hot cups of rage that they will beg for sniper's clip back (as well as reduce mortar range to just the distance of the map, thus ending air-mortaring). Please reconsider, ordering a sniper rate nerf is ordering my special seasoned cup of rage, served by my overhealed gunner.

A aiming nerf makes sense, requiring the sniper to have to scope for an actual period of time before the bullet lands on the dot, and having to scope again between shots (or have recoil) without messing with the rate of fire. However, the only reason I see to nerf a class is if that class is so good that 2 of them wins the game against any team no matter what. I see nothing in street fighter tournaments except the last 10 matches filled with E. Honda. On MNC, I never see multiple snipers actually win a game, or a competitive team of 4 snipers. I don't get it, am I not playing the right snipers? Has ANYONE here had trouble with a sniper as an assault?

EDIT: Oh, don't worry grimbar, if they nerf the sniper too badly, quit playing for a while and just watch the forums. In a few weeks, I'm going to break this game so hard with my gunner, they will give you your sniper rifle back. Not kidding either, my new motto is: Every time a whine-post creates a balance-breaking nerf, I will exploit the new balance like such an *** and taunt and flame in-game while handing out free cups of rage, until they change it back to balanced. All I gotta do is make the whiners whine FOR me, by going to every server and making people rage-quit with spawn-camps.
    Last edited: February 18, 2011
  9. Providence

Providence New Member

If you're getting killed by sniper shooting his own bots, you're doing it wrong.
  10. Maktaka

Maktaka New Member

grimbar, what do you include in quickscoping? Is it just the ability to scope and get bodyshots with the scope's damage bonus, or do you include getting headshots off a quickscope as a requirement as well? I ask because I know that as a gunner I get plenty of pain from snipers and would like to see something done about them, but I don't know if I can effectively determine how much of that desire comes from a feeling of imbalance and how much comes from the fact that they are my greatest threat. I also don't know what specifically snipers require to be viable in MNC. So that said, what of the current sniper's design is required for him to be effective at hunting pros? Hunting bots? Surviving attacks? Is there anything you feel is part of the current sniper's design that doesn't fall into those categories?
  11. grimbar

grimbar New Member

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8109
  12. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

My god despite trying to keep neutrality someone had to go ignite a flame war again...
    I'm looking at you BroTranquility! >_>
  13. Raconteur02

Raconteur02 New Member

I'm beginning to get the distinct impression that you have an overinflated opinion of yourself.

I smell troll, because I don't think any serious poster could be quite this ridiculous.
  14. Sefam

Sefam New Member

Looks like everyone needs a cute fairy <-

I like the idea of either giving the rifle a bigger recoil, or do something about the see-through walls.
  15. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Recoil wouldn't hurt. I am not against sniper nerfs. I just don't feel like it will balance the game to take away sniper bot-killing abilities. How is the sniper going to win the game SOLELY by killing pros? If you think the score is based on kills, then you got the wrong game, your looking for these forums.

My discussion there is on topic. My point is valid. I am not instigating anything. However, I don't think it will be hard for ANYONE to dominate with gunner after the sniper class is made non-functioning.

However, I must end this though, i'm sorry:

POP QUIZ

You are at the end of a solid wall, you can't see through it. Around the corner is a incoming tank. Can you still see him coming in a third person shooter, despite the wall being solid?

Answer: YES!!!!!!!! If you hug the corner and face around it, you can STILL SEE EVERYTHING on the other side of that wall. EVERYTHING. If anything, THE APPROACHING ENEMY CANNOT SEE YOU. See through walls only disadvantage snipers, as you can see them half-map now. Without them, you wouldn't see them at all, you would walk out, they would see you out the side of their screen as they hug the corner behind the wall, they would insta-jumpout-quickscope-headshot you. You would feel even more violated than you currently do.
  16. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

Hypocrisy much? How can you keep neutrality when your entire thread has been demonstrated several times to be a pile of jet fuel and open flames?

Not a lot of neutrality going on when your thread is about a nerf, is there?
  17. elsydeon

elsydeon New Member

Yes a sniper can easily control the map by killing pros, it is called spawn camping. You can't do much when your entire life's work is spawn, exit spawn area, BOOM!, wait for respawn.

Killing the current quickscope abuse and ending spawn camping would bring snipers into balance and add fun to the game (its completely unplayable when you are spawn camped by a sniper, especially when he has backup).

The first would be done by a combination of removing the perfect accuracy from the scoped sniper rifle and slightly change quickscoping so the accuracy improves from unscoped to scoped as you scope up compared to the current use of epilepsy quickscope flashing (whcih can be programmed into a high end mouse or keyboard) to be both scoped and unscoped at the same time.

The second would be harder as players gotta shoot the moneyball. The best implementation would pop players (starting at 3/4 of a sniper's hp per shot, with 3s between shots, in effect, a warning shot) who are in LoS of the spawn exits while the moneyball shields are up. A routine to increase dmg/RoF can be included based on things such as dmg taken from the turret, camped team's time spent outside spawn area vs time spent waiting to respawn, k/d ratio, etc. can be used to further dissuade spawn camping.
  18. kingdom

kingdom New Member

In my opinion the snipers rifle is fine by me, a nerf that may make both sides happy could be to make the snipers health regeneration lower than it is now, this would make it so that when you shoot a sniper enough and they run away they will have to be gone longer than before allowing you to move up and take his position that he curaintly held. This would also allow you to close the distance if the sniper takes cover behind a wall and allows you for time to finish off the sniper.
  19. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Maybe bacon as a deathstreak reward, bacon for 10 seconds if you die 3 times without a kill within 2 minutes.

This would make it easier to push out of the spawnroom.
  20. fischbs

fischbs New Member

**** that, it's easy to push out of the spawn room if you don't suck, contest the map and don't let yourself fall into such a wholeheartedly awful position in the first place. Don't need no idiot cushion in this game.

Every map has alternative routes literally right next to the Moneyball to flank a contain anyways.